[2.4 Video Guide] Beginners Tanky Infernal Blow Marauder Build [HC/SC]

Hi guys,

I'm new to PoE. I have played D2 - LoD A LOT (main class Frenzy / WW Barb + Sorc). Also I was playing different MMOs and DIII (Barb + DH).

Since I have played a couple of hours, I like the game very much.

I'm thinking about which Class/Build I will start to begin with in Prophecy.

To learn I think it is better to choose a tanky class (and I like tanky classes).

Which one would you suggest me:

This build here [2.2 Video Guide] Beginners Tanky Infernal Blow Marauder Build [HC/SC Viable]

Or this build:

(2.2) [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD (Updated Daily)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1310323

As said I like tanky classes when it comes to melee. I like fluid gameplay, direct attacks (no towers or stuff like that), and it would be nice if the Char is End-Game and PvP viable.

Thx :)
"
Bashek wrote:

Which one would you suggest me:

This build here [2.2 Video Guide] Beginners Tanky Infernal Blow Marauder Build [HC/SC Viable]

Or this build:

(2.2) [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD (Updated Daily)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1310323

Personally I could never stand Groundslam as a skill, I much prefer Infernal Blow. It's very visceral; you're literally exploding packs to bits. That's not only fun, it's also practical, as you don't have to worry about resurrecting enemies or detonating corpses.

I would recommend starting the league with this build and building your wealth around this character, then transitioning to other builds that catch your eye.
Hi Holzmann,

thank you very much for your advise. This is the way I will do it.

BTW: german? The Nickname ;)
Updated for 2.3!

With the changes to the Juggernaut this build is just absolutely amazing right now. Both damage and defences got a heavy buff!
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
The Finished Build Passive Tree shows 11 points left - will you be updating this LiftingNerdBro?

Btw, really enjoying this build!
That is intentional. If someone wants to spend the remaining 11 they are free to chose whatever they deem worthy =)
Would there be any issues with using this build (maybe with slight changes if needed) to work with either Ground Slam or Sunder? I was playing it as my starter build in Proph and RIP'd my character to something that was 100% retard level on my part at level 72, but I was loving the tanky-ness of the build. I didn't much care for Infernal blow itself though. At first glance it seems like using either Sunder or Ground Slam (opinion on which would be better?) would be fine, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something before I start making the character.

Alternatively, are there any other main skills for this/similar build you make recommend as a replacement for infernal blow that I haven't considered?

Edit: Maybe sweep?
Last edited by hfxRos on Jun 9, 2016, 12:38:36 PM
I was wondering if there is a specfic reason why you dont use Immortal call? Is your charakter resist capped without Endurance charges?
Last edited by Dachshund on Jun 9, 2016, 1:53:20 PM
"
hfxRos wrote:
Would there be any issues with using this build (maybe with slight changes if needed) to work with either Ground Slam or Sunder? I was playing it as my starter build in Proph and RIP'd my character to something that was 100% retard level on my part at level 72, but I was loving the tanky-ness of the build. I didn't much care for Infernal blow itself though. At first glance it seems like using either Sunder or Ground Slam (opinion on which would be better?) would be fine, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something before I start making the character.

Alternatively, are there any other main skills for this/similar build you make recommend as a replacement for infernal blow that I haven't considered?

Edit: Maybe sweep?

You can use most aoe based melee skills such as cyclone, ice crash, sunder, sweep =)
Yo Lifting,

first of all, this build is incredible. It is really easy to play and have tons damage :D

What I want to ask is, how hard would it be to kill Atziri with this build ?

Greetings
Yoshito

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info