[2.5] Death's Kiss, a Trickster Essence Drain/Contagion full build and leveling guide

Edit: please use Pierce instead of Slower Projectiles for your 5th link. It comes with More Damage and has better utility.
Last edited by Vulpix0r on Mar 10, 2016, 8:40:32 PM
I was just wondering why no inc duration nodes at all in your tree? seem they would be really beneficial.
Why are you using slower projectiles instead of pierce? It gives the same ammount of damage, and the pirce efect is also pretty usefull, you don't need to cast contagion on small groups to clear them.
"
riveteye_desu wrote:
Why are you using slower projectiles instead of pierce? It gives the same ammount of damage, and the pirce efect is also pretty usefull, you don't need to cast contagion on small groups to clear them.

I'm still in the midst of editing my guide. And yes, Pierce is infinitely better as a 5th link. For anyone following this guide use Pierce like I mentioned 3 post earlier.
I gotta say i discovered this build and I am loving it so far. approaching level 50 at the moment and the biggest issue for me has been finding gear with the correct sockets and links. But so far I am able to take down any boss or elite with pretty much no hassle. Cant wait until i do my cruel labrynth run to get double curse.

Bravo on the build. Havent had this much fun in the game in a while
Hello!

I asked in General for a build to look like Jade Harvester's (from Diablo 3). I got pointed to this, for being most alike. I'm glad I asked. This build is, so far, very much better then Jade Harvester. Oh, and so is PoE to D3, of course. Anyway,I have a question.

Old.
Spoiler
It says Contagion offhand. Does that mean I have two contagion gems, one on each weapon? Or doesn't they stack? If they don't, I'm a fool.

I now believe it's not possible to have one each on Main/off-hand? May, again, be a fool.

Thanks in advance.
And thanks for a great build!
Kind regards,
Last edited by inkui on Mar 30, 2016, 12:13:49 PM
"
inkui wrote:

I now believe it's not possible to have one each on Main/off-hand? May, again, be a fool.

It doesn't matter where the skill gems are socketed if the item doesn't have a "+1 to skill gems" affix. The weapon slot is just a "special" case, because 1-handed weapons only get 3 sockets at max.
Can you please update the skill trees? It would be much appreciated :)
@Vulpix0r:

Hello, I've started a while ago a Witch Occultist based on your build. I had played this build on Perandus HC until 68 (as my second created char in POE), then continued to level it in standard because I like the gameplay of the build. I had to restart over on currencies, armor weapon etc., and I'm now looking at my stats and starting to wonder something about mana regen.

I can see in your build description a few pieces need mana regen, but when I'm counting this stat on your Vulpew character, I can see 131% increased mana regen summed on the armour, and 120 + 14% from the passive skill tree, making a total on 265% increase. I'm not trying to say it is not enough, but I'm starting to think my character may have too much mana regen, and since I'd like to balance every stat to their best value (continuously), I'd like to know how the mana regen felt for you on Vulpew:
- far from enough?
- just enough for the level?
- not enough at all and adjustments were needed?

Thank you for this build and for the time you may take to answer.
Last edited by emualliug on May 18, 2016, 10:27:06 AM
Skill tree is broke. I get a message that this is an old tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info