[2.5] Death's Kiss, a Trickster Essence Drain/Contagion full build and leveling guide

Why Trickery? Elemental Damage and Crit Chance seem to do nothing for this build. I don't think I understand.

Also, do you not use the AG anymore? I notice you don't have the Minion Life Regen node.
I have revamped parts of my guide to update it to 2.3 after all the bugs with ED/Contagion were fixed. Please let me know what you think of the new guide!
Your leveling trees are out of date?
"
erod wrote:
Your leveling trees are out of date?

Updated most of the outdated leveling trees.
Nice guide. I'm currently playing a LL version of this with Shav's. No room for dual-curse, but I do have Grace + Discipline, which is incredible for a Trickster. 10k ES, and most of my rare pieces are just cheap 1-2c things. I also just bought a Consuming Dark, and I may start looking at investing in some expensive jewel (like Chaos damage/Damage over time/Projectile damage, which are like 40c but all of those mods double-dip with the poison). Thanks for the tip about Eldritch Knowledge, by the way, that's a great idea.

Here's my tree so far at 82: Link
"
Won7on wrote:
Nice guide. I'm currently playing a LL version of this with Shav's. No room for dual-curse, but I do have Grace + Discipline, which is incredible for a Trickster. 10k ES, and most of my rare pieces are just cheap 1-2c things. I also just bought a Consuming Dark, and I may start looking at investing in some expensive jewel (like Chaos damage/Damage over time/Projectile damage, which are like 40c but all of those mods double-dip with the poison). Thanks for the tip about Eldritch Knowledge, by the way, that's a great idea.

Here's my tree so far at 82: Link

I honestly think Method to the Madness is super inefficient and you are better off spending the points elsewhere. It's a 9℅ damage per point spent. Getting an additional curse for 6 points will probably do you more good.
Thx for the well detailed build.
I'm trying it as I wrote (not litteraly at the same time ... you get the idea ... It's late, leave me alone) on an old lvl 62 Shadow that I left for dead (he did not do any of the act IV !!!) and it is coming along nicely.
So yeah. Thank you for taking the time of sharing your knowledge.
Love the guide :D

I don't get why people are attacking choices you've made in this guide when you've already defended it. Different people/different playstyles. When you clearly state "This isn't common; but here's why" what's the point of people interjecting their "oh that sucks never do that ever"

Not every build needs to be top 1% to be fun.

Cheers~
I stream on Twitch.tv/drizzintahl :o
Indeed.
Especialy considering how viable that build is !
I mean, yeah it won't rivalise with the top tier for clear speed and all, but it comes online nicely, even with pretty shitty gear, and has the potential to scale very well with higher stuff ...
This is a good build, and the guide is well made.
Plus I never really messed around with the animated guardian before, and it is actually pretty fun to use. Its like having a little brother playing by your side that won't complain if you disconect him from the game if the boss is too tough!
And gearing it is a good way to break the monotony of the chaos recipe farming.
"
Lazareus wrote:
Indeed.
Especialy considering how viable that build is !
I mean, yeah it won't rivalise with the top tier for clear speed and all, but it comes online nicely, even with pretty shitty gear, and has the potential to scale very well with higher stuff ...
This is a good build, and the guide is well made.
Plus I never really messed around with the animated guardian before, and it is actually pretty fun to use. Its like having a little brother playing by your side that won't complain if you disconect him from the game if the boss is too tough!
And gearing it is a good way to break the monotony of the chaos recipe farming.

I'll admit it's kinda annoying when your poor guardian gets one shot in a Beyond map. Mine died from Bameth and I should have unsummoned him. You will need to spend about 2-3c again to get your guardian.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info