3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

Since I dont have a 500+ pdps axe yet ive been trying a few things to help boost clear speed. One thing I have tried recently is changing out the curse setup used from a Vulnerability to Punishment. The results have been quite good so far the extra 30% more multiplier really helps out on some of the healthier bosses. This is especially true since I mostly play in 4+ man parties and let me tell you bosses are hella tanky when all your allies die and only the humble Dual Striker remains to chop up the boss. Love this build through and through my friends make fun of me for doing it every league, but i always end up laughing in the end when I can face tank every boss that murders them the instant they enter the room.
I have a question. If i can kill Shaper nad Uber Atziri with non legacy item? I like meele and i want to do all content in game. Or can you help me choose another meele build to kill this boss.
I'm actually trying the build. (not budget at all :D)

Mapping with the build
What i can say on the cleaning device is that it's a bit low when solo with dual strike on strand map (shaped one T11) when your melee splash gem is not 20.

I found a solution: swap Bringer of rain / use Cleave + 2 jewel cleave (aoe) + increased area of effect gem (75k dps / huge area on pack size map / really fast clean speed)
The three is the same and work way better for first step to leveling!

When 90, gem level 20, become ok to play with dual strike

New Jewel
Not good enough for cleaning, can't drop melee splash on map.
Feel good enough on boss! More solo dps and clean trash near.
=> result: not bad for the increase dps but you lose 7% life

I'll continue to give you a feedback. I'll begin challenging map when 94, it will be fast.
I think it's the league to try it.
Last edited by Rinceventvent on Mar 20, 2017, 7:24:34 AM
a neat little bonus about using bringer of rain, if you equip a chest before the helm, not only does this allow you to have the chest's cosmetic, but it also lets you gain xp for the gems in the chest, allowing you to level 12 extra gems including the extra weapon set.

OK so i believe punisher is better than vulnerability. this is due to a few things.

First what do they do? a lvl 3 vuln 23% quality is 32.5 increased physical damage taken, and 33% DoT.
a lvl 6 Punisher 23% quality, due to the fact we can lower herald of ash's level and raise CWDT's level, gives a buff that is 28% more melee physical damage and 17% increased attack speed.

so why is punisher better? because we have extra elemental damage and chaos damage all derived from our base physical damage. This means that 32.5% increased physical damage taken ONLY includes the portion of physical damage we deal, not the extra elemental/chaos damage from hatred, herald, taste of hate and atziri's. However, by gaining more physical damage from punisher's buff, we DO get increased damage to those extra damage auras, giving a huge damage bonus compared to vulnerability.

Example damage sheet

100k phys damage hatred aura adds 36%, so 36k cold damage* ToH adds 30%, so 30k cold damage* HoA adds 15% fire, so 15k fire*, and atziri's adds 25% phys as chaos, so 25k chaos, and the 81k of ele damage* is boosted by 15% as chaos, so 12150 extra chaos as well
This gives us a combined total of:
100k phys
66k cold
15k fire
37.15k chaos

=218.15k damage

So if we had vulnerability, an enemy takes 32.5% increased phys and 33% dot, we gain (100k x 132.5%) + (the 8% poison dmg x 133%) so it would come out to be 150.5k damage, for a gain of 50.5k damage, so a total of:

and if we instead had Punishment buff, without taking into account the atk speed, we would have:

218.15k + 28% more, roughly 279.2k, to which we then add the base poison damage, which is 137.15k of phys and chaos + 28% more, which is 175.5k, so 8%, 14.05k giving us a total of:

293.26k damage +17% increased atk speed added to the bundle of attack speed we have that is multistriked to 95% more

*elemental damage from rings and such will boost this a small amount, making it even more damage coming from non-phys sources
This also allows us to not need any int rolls on our gear, as we have a base of 44 from our tree, and keeping herald of ash to lvl 9 only lowers the overkill damage by a bit, which isn't even useful for bosses.
Last edited by oj449 on Mar 19, 2017, 11:40:58 PM
"
Nalroc wrote:
Hi Umbra and Soup. First off thanks for the awesome build. Question: I'm about to buy my Soul Taker. I was hoping you could help me the cost/benefit of pdps. I can get one on Legacy that is ~320 pdps for about 60 chaos or I can get one that is 330/331 pdps for about 80 chaos. I have about 250 chaos in total to gear this guy out. Is the extra 10 flat pdps on my Soul Taker worth 20c? Thanks!

Hi. Thank you for compliment.
sorry for very late answer.
i think extra 10pdps is worth 20c. look for rare axe first, then make a decision about soul taker
"
ulthane010 wrote:
Yes the jewel does work :)
You could free up melee splash gem for another support gem./quote]

What is gem recommended to replace melee splash if you use Might and Influencia.

added fire or melee damage on full life
Last edited by triwesterki on Mar 20, 2017, 2:14:16 PM
"
NubbyMcNub wrote:
Since I dont have a 500+ pdps axe yet ive been trying a few things to help boost clear speed. One thing I have tried recently is changing out the curse setup used from a Vulnerability to Punishment. The results have been quite good so far the extra 30% more multiplier really helps out on some of the healthier bosses. This is especially true since I mostly play in 4+ man parties and let me tell you bosses are hella tanky when all your allies die and only the humble Dual Striker remains to chop up the boss. Love this build through and through my friends make fun of me for doing it every league, but i always end up laughing in the end when I can face tank every boss that murders them the instant they enter the room.

haha. dual striker last hope. i'll talk about punishment below.
"
Grahor wrote:
I have a question. If i can kill Shaper nad Uber Atziri with non legacy item? I like meele and i want to do all content in game. Or can you help me choose another meele build to kill this boss.

right now i can't say about shaper or uber atziri viability. any melee build needs tons of currency to kill mega bosses.
i hope it's possible without legacy items in current league with ~100ex budget. main expensive thing is rare axe with highest pdps.
"
Rinceventvent wrote:
I'm actually trying the build. (not budget at all :D)

Mapping with the build
What i can say on the cleaning device is that it's a bit low when solo with dual strike on strand map (shaped one T11) when your melee splash gem is not 20.

I found a solution: swap Bringer of rain / use Cleave + 2 jewel cleave (aoe) + increased area of effect gem (75k dps / huge area on pack size map / really fast clean speed)
The three is the same and work way better for first step to leveling!

When 90, gem level 20, become ok to play with dual strike

New Jewel
Not good enough for cleaning, can't drop melee splash on map.
Feel good enough on boss! More solo dps and clean trash near.
=> result: not bad for the increase dps but you lose 7% life

I'll continue to give you a feedback. I'll begin challenging map when 94, it will be fast.
I think it's the league to try it.

thank you for feedback.
as i said i did not feel lack of aoe with dual strike through leveling process. cleave is ok skill, using it is good decision on low-mid maps if you want more aoe.
"
oj449 wrote:
a neat little bonus about using bringer of rain, if you equip a chest before the helm, not only does this allow you to have the chest's cosmetic, but it also lets you gain xp for the gems in the chest, allowing you to level 12 extra gems including the extra weapon set.

OK so i believe punisher is better than vulnerability. this is due to a few things.

First what do they do? a lvl 3 vuln 23% quality is 32.5 increased physical damage taken, and 33% DoT.
a lvl 6 Punisher 23% quality, due to the fact we can lower herald of ash's level and raise CWDT's level, gives a buff that is 28% more melee physical damage and 17% increased attack speed.

so why is punisher better? because we have extra elemental damage and chaos damage all derived from our base physical damage. This means that 32.5% increased physical damage taken ONLY includes the portion of physical damage we deal, not the extra elemental/chaos damage from hatred, herald, taste of hate and atziri's. However, by gaining more physical damage from punisher's buff, we DO get increased damage to those extra damage auras, giving a huge damage bonus compared to vulnerability.

Example damage sheet

100k phys damage hatred aura adds 36%, so 36k cold damage* ToH adds 30%, so 30k cold damage* HoA adds 15% fire, so 15k fire*, and atziri's adds 25% phys as chaos, so 25k chaos, and the 81k of ele damage* is boosted by 15% as chaos, so 12150 extra chaos as well
This gives us a combined total of:
100k phys
66k cold
15k fire
37.15k chaos

=218.15k damage

So if we had vulnerability, an enemy takes 32.5% increased phys and 33% dot, we gain (100k x 132.5%) + (the 8% poison dmg x 133%) so it would come out to be 150.5k damage, for a gain of 50.5k damage, so a total of:

and if we instead had Punishment buff, without taking into account the atk speed, we would have:

218.15k + 28% more, roughly 279.2k, to which we then add the base poison damage, which is 137.15k of phys and chaos + 28% more, which is 175.5k, so 8%, 14.05k giving us a total of:

293.26k damage +17% increased atk speed added to the bundle of attack speed we have that is multistriked to 95% more

*elemental damage from rings and such will boost this a small amount, making it even more damage coming from non-phys sources
This also allows us to not need any int rolls on our gear, as we have a base of 44 from our tree, and keeping herald of ash to lvl 9 only lowers the overkill damage by a bit, which isn't even useful for bosses.

thank you for feedback and calculations.
i tested punishment. i agree it's better than all other curses if it works.
i mean punishment works only against melee enemies, if enemy is a spellcaster you're wasting curse slot. it's a main reason i refused by punishment. i found enfeeble is best option to decrease one shots, then i reached 7k life and swaped it to vulnerability. i will add note about curses in main page.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info