3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

it can work against spellcasters still, albeit if only sometimes, because it applies to you as a buff, which does get increased by the increased duration gem still, and from this can work on enemies that didn't even proc your curse gem in the first place.

i have been thinking about dual strike itself, namely using it with the threshold gem and changing MSS for melee damage on full life as we are on full life most of the time, or even using cleave over dual strike, as it does 98% DW dmg vs DS 104%, but it has inbuilt melee splash with no reduced damage and longer base range, useful for leaping on top of enemies who usually just run away before we can even hit them, but doesn't hit behind us.

we can also use the cleaves threshold jewel for fortify on hit and 3% aoe per enemy, but that probably isn't worth it with leap slam already giving us enough fortify, the 3% aoe is nice for a huge amount of enemies, as cleaves range is essentially 66.6*% more than DS, so any aoe % is that much more baseline.
losing MSS does lose us a chunk of aoe %, but cleave has the same roughly as a DS with MSS (66.6*% vs 57% more +10% inc)

for bosses i have also been using ancestral warchief, as it can also apply bleed, swapping out vengeance.
Last edited by oj449 on Mar 20, 2017, 9:25:05 PM
How important is Taste of Hate? I'm getting pretty close to the point where I'm looking at 50 chaos or more for upgrades. Got base gear set, just need to min/max everything. So I'm wondering if I should start saving for it.
"
stueyman2099 wrote:
How important is Taste of Hate? I'm getting pretty close to the point where I'm looking at 50 chaos or more for upgrades. Got base gear set, just need to min/max everything. So I'm wondering if I should start saving for it.

Hi,

Taste of hate: +30% cold damage / 20% phys damage you take convert to cold
How important : damage up + Tankiness !

Offence:
When mapping, you use Atziri / Taste of Hate
Dps sheet: 175k without potion -> 244k with all potion! (in hideout)
40% more damage !

Defence
Res Phys with rumi and taste of hate
15% res phys with base armor
38% res phys with potion
But remember taste of hate convert damage you take convert to cold and you have 75% res cold
-> (20%*0.75%ResCold) from Taste of Hate
-> gain 15% more resi to phys (if i undestand correctly)

38+15=53% res physique when potion are up !

How important are Taste of Hate: FAT!

Potion are allways up in map, boost clean speed and boost survivabily!
Buy them, spam them !
Last edited by Rinceventvent on Mar 20, 2017, 10:07:52 PM
Rumi's Concoction now only have 14-20%Block & 6-10SpellBlock
Dual Striker Still work with the Rumi's at 2.6?
Hi

First of all , I would like to thank you for this build since it's the first that got me over lvl 80.
And i have a question considering the voidheart ring + bloodlust- which is of course op. But at my current state and gear possesion i lose too much resistances and a decent amount of hp wearing voidheart. So wouldn't it be better to have a rare ring with all 3 resistance bonuses, added physical dmg, 70+ to life and get a 400+,500+dps rare axe with enchanted ''causes bleeding on hit''. Putting it that way, one would retain the resistances from the before-mentioned ring , as well as bonus to life AND would avoid the fact that you don't always cause bleeding with voidheart, since one would cause bleeding literally always with that kind of axe...Would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Once again thanks for the build and cheers.
"
Gadarel wrote:
Hi

First of all , I would like to thank you for this build since it's the first that got me over lvl 80.
And i have a question considering the voidheart ring + bloodlust- which is of course op. But at my current state and gear possesion i lose too much resistances and a decent amount of hp wearing voidheart. So wouldn't it be better to have a rare ring with all 3 resistance bonuses, added physical dmg, 70+ to life and get a 400+,500+dps rare axe with enchanted ''causes bleeding on hit''. Putting it that way, one would retain the resistances from the before-mentioned ring , as well as bonus to life AND would avoid the fact that you don't always cause bleeding with voidheart, since one would cause bleeding literally always with that kind of axe...Would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Once again thanks for the build and cheers.

Not really whats good with voidheart is the fact that you not only bleed but poison on hit and since we attack so fast we stack it so much the poison helps a ton during bosses. If you can't use voidheart atm id say use jack the axe and figure your gear out to fit voidheart in your set up before buying a good axe since they can be expensive im res cap with my character since week 1 and the gear cost me prob around 2ex. Crafted the axe after at a later stage got lucky last i check i had the best phys axe on poe.trade.
great - build feels good to be toe-to-toe melee again.

i'm wondering if you don't use soultaker (because you can afford one yet) would dual wielding varunustra's be a good strategy ?

wouldn't using those and taking deadly dilletante give you a huge dps boost ?

the other thing is that i really find war bringer to be super helpful.

once you take VP and can't regen anymore warcry for 25% life can get you out of tight spots with some DoT effects and traps in the lab.

the only thing i like about cave the slaughter is that movespeed boost. this build has plenty of attack speed.

anyway, thanks for the great guide !

hulk smash !
So with all the bleed would
be any good?
Ok so, I've been following this guide and I love it! Except for the part where I don't really have enough currency to do really anything. I'm currently level 81 and dying in tier 6 maps, now this may be just cause I plain suck. But considering you also predicted around level 85 getting one shotted more, I am going to attribute it to my lack of good gear. So what do I do? My budget right now is probably like less than 1 ex, and I am not really doing well with getting more currency. Should I do another build to get more currency for this one? Basically I'm sick of dying, but I love this build so much!!
"
ExxelPacific wrote:
Ok so, I've been following this guide and I love it! Except for the part where I don't really have enough currency to do really anything. I'm currently level 81 and dying in tier 6 maps, now this may be just cause I plain suck. But considering you also predicted around level 85 getting one shotted more, I am going to attribute it to my lack of good gear. So what do I do? My budget right now is probably like less than 1 ex, and I am not really doing well with getting more currency. Should I do another build to get more currency for this one? Basically I'm sick of dying, but I love this build so much!!

i leveled this build and it totally lives up to what the guide says.

you must supply more information to get some help. what is your life ? link your weapons and gear.

here's what i found when i got to 81 and started running t5/t6 (well actually i started at about 77).

- you need > 4k health. i was at 3.1k health for a while in the 70s, and i was actually having some trouble.
- bringer of rain is a big help! the extra life and the extra flat damage are huge! it will boost your overall life and your damage so you can leech more.
- you need good weapons. if you are not at 250+ dps on the weapons you don't do enough damage to get sufficient leech to keep you alive.
- the basalt and granite flasks are important. you need to mitigate the big hits to make sure you don't die before you can leech back
- you need a potion with heat suffix ! just getting chilled can lower your attack speed such that you can't leech enough to keep you going. and if you get frozen you're dead. many mobs can get simultaneous damage with cold or the map mod might be +cold damage and big hits can actually freeze you !
- one of your life potions should be seething to help you out if things get ugly
- you must have a staunching potion if you have vaal pact (and even if you don't). when you have vaal pact you have no regen, and DoTs can be a problem.

be careful as to when you take vaal pact. once you take it you have no regen and you can easily die from a DoT you don't notice or corrupting blood. i took war bringer as my ascendancy because recovering 25% of your life on a warcry is really, really great to keep you from stupid deaths from a puncture or something.

so with 4.1k life, soul taker, and jack the axe (use leap slam to get bleed or warchief ) and bloodlust linked to your BoR do great damage. you absolutely do not need soul taker at level 80 to get those maps done. i just got it because i had enough chaos, but i was doing fine with 290dps axe and without running AA.

i'm clearing t6s and facetanking all the way, even those nasty bosses in canyon that do all that chaos damage and DoT

hope this helps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info