3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

"
triwesterki wrote:
I make similar build in perandus. At this moment my budget is 5ex (1ex-soul taker, 2ex- good axe, 2ex -rings, rumi, lapis and bor. So i'm in search for gloves, belt, boots and best axe). i don't know how to paste my equip&tree in message but you can look in my profile ZombieSoup character.GEM difference is that I use cwdt-warlords-mark-immortal call-inc. dur.
tree diference is that i took "SplittingStrikes" instead "HatchetMaster". is it my mistake?
also i took resolute, and don't understand what will happens when i respec it because i haven't accuracy at all.

Now at 88lvl i farm T9-11 maps with deaths on lags or in attempt to tanking boss, which we are not acquainted.

great build! best i've played! thx.

Thanks for the compliments man! Yeah I have a lot of passion and pride for this build. My only regret is that he is so inflexible to other playstyles. It seems like GGG never intended for a build like this to exist at all.

PASSIVES: I had splitting strikes at lower level also so that's OK for now for you but only if your leech is under 3.8% total (gear and passives). You can regret later for extra health nodes but that's a decent idea for the meanwhile if you are not hitting enough leech percent.

GEMS: Immortal Call is 100% MUST, it grants total immunity to physical damage for as long as a whole second. This build is ridiculously dependent on it and also the levels of Cwdt and IC must match mine. They are fine tuned quite expertly for this build against mobs and the three guardians in Apex of Sacrifice. As for Warlord's Mark, I wouldn't worry about it if you have splitting strikes as the leech cap prevents the real use of the leech percent offered by Warlord's Mark already. There is leech percent, leech cap from total max health, and leech rate that all factor in.

The difference between having 4% leech and 400% leech is quite nearly zero since the leech rate and max health prevent the use of it effectively. Having tiny fast hits makes this even worse too as super high leech percent more effectively helps slow, big hits but takes longer to refill anyway.

Use my leech formula in this guide. Take your numbers and plug them in. If your leech is around 900 minimum per second to 1400 per second then you are nearly par for me and at least leech-wise are Atziri capable. So anything past that plug into more life that way there is balance between high life, high leech health rate of regen, and APS. So remember that #1. leech@900/s 2. 6k Health 3. Block@70%-50% or more if possible, 4. APS@9.5+. These are the most important synergies to survive. These numbers are approximate goals to make it to T15 maps. Get what you can now and work toward the rest later in order of importance. Hit me up again if you need more help!!

And yeah for some bosses unfairness has to be overcome with some memory. It helps to watch a few different kinds of builds on youtube take on bosses you're not familiar with. Understanding the boss will save your life.

Playing hardcore requires patience and a good working knowledge of your limits but I've had a bunch of guys make it past lv90 on hardcore and stop mainly because of gear expenses to reach higher tiers.
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Mar 12, 2016, 11:54:23 PM
Very impressive build!

I had a couple of questions. Why dual strike over cleave exactly? Cleave gives you a small AoE and you can drop the Melee Splash and add Inc Melee Phys? Another one is if we were to use Rigwalds savagery, which causes bleeding on hit, would it be worth it to swap out added fire to bloodlust? The more dmg multiplier outweighs the added fire from phys, and the qual is an increased to phys as well. What are your opinions?
Last edited by SlashaLO on Mar 17, 2016, 11:41:14 PM
Easier to use a list :D

1. Cleave is way too slow compared to dual strike. As leech is my first defense, the APS from Dual Strike makes leech extremely high per second with little to no leech queues since it uses small hits. The speed also makes it far more reliable than a slower, harder hitting stirke.

2. AoE is at least par between cleave and dual strike, as I strike over 14x per second. With cleave it'd be more of a gamble to jump into mobs with the lesser speed of the skill. The AoE of herald of ash spreads very, very far.

3. lv18 Melee Phys is already built into my helm along with lv18 faster attacks and lv18 blind. I messed around with 6L's but the Bringer of Rain was VASTLY superior over any 6L with all 20-20 gems of what was already in the helm as the helm itself adds 20-30 raw damage. With Iron Reflexes my helm has the same or more armor than most 6L's anyway and offers over 200 life which multiplies along with giving me Block Chance, which is the only way my dual striker can even get much block at all. The helm is simply superior.

4. Herald of Ash has a synergy with added fire. When I crit, entire mobs explode from HoA. I tried added cold but my Soul Taker already chills and small hits from dual strike will rarely have a reliable chance to freeze with added cold. Chaos damage was poor and added lightning really only offered some damage as I cannot shock. I thought about using a lightning Doryani invitation belt so when I flask (since I'm always using those block potions) I would gain a 10% chance to shock, but the life on rare belts is far too important over damage since I'm tank oriented

There will always be pros and cons. I managed to pull off a very clever build. He is extremely defensive and at a glance no one would ever know it. Because Dual Strike's speed/leech synergy is so reliable I often get dropped to as low as 100 health and do not even flinch because I don't ever die unless I'm 1-hit. The health just comes right back soo fast. That's why I stick with dual strike.

Mine is about speed and fun. Other tank builds totally lack this or have such gaping weaknesses here and there that although they can do many things a little better than my tank, they do so with tricks that will eventually be patched or nerfed. Mine is all sponge with gear that will never change (legacies). Mine is capable of any map depending on the chosen gear, but therefore is crazy expensive since he is fully gear dependent in order to do what you want him to do.

If you want a tank that isn't some slow Abrams from WW2 using silly tricks to achieve tankiness then my guy is all for you just as he is. He is only 3 bosses shy of having tanked every boss in the game and two of those bosses I simply cannot afford, and one requires higher level for my build for life pool. His grit has definitely been proven as an elite end game build that will never get nerfed.
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Mar 18, 2016, 4:16:06 AM
Great guide and build, mate! It inspired me to do something with my legacy BoR which has been sitting in cold storage for the longest time since I already have a max block Aegis + Soul Taker toon. Did a Duelist variant as I wanted to keep the ST with the other toon and wanted to use a pair of decent swords.

Passive tree

Gear

Spoiler

Chose Gladiator's block route and opted for some crit on the tree as I've crit swords and twin terrors was too good to pass by. Using fortify instead of added fire as I wanted more physical damage to leech from but will probably switch to a 21/20 culling strike for the extra attack speed and, of course, culling. With fortify placed with my whirling and flicker setup.

Overall, yours is definitely the tankier -- the true tank -- while I'd say mine is tanky enough for the burst-fighting of my playing style. The Gladiator block route is quite solid but the Berserker synergy is perfect for this type of build. Also, the herald of ash + added fire combination afforded by the ST enables a big damage payday on crit.

Now I'm considering doing a 2H axe cycloner version with my marauder!
Last edited by Quixote77 on Mar 21, 2016, 3:00:45 PM
Sick build man :)
Could you tank Abaxoth?
Last edited by falxes on Mar 28, 2016, 9:54:23 PM
yeah he is pretty easy as he cannot 1-hit and attacks pretty slowly, the rest he does is negligible for damage like his chaos, he cannot come close to overcomiung my leech rate for my build
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Mar 29, 2016, 5:46:55 AM
"
falxes wrote:
Sick build man :)
Could you tank Abaxoth?

yeah he is pretty easy as he cannot 1-hit and attacks pretty slowly, the rest he does is negligible for damage like his chaos, he cannot come close to overcomiung my leech rate for my build
I like to play manly 2H characters and right now I have a 2H Mara ice crash BUT I just can't cope with the burst damage of high level maps. Have you ever thought about a 2H version of your build?

When I first started this build long ago I didn't know about Soul Taker or the Bringer of Rain, so i was using a 6L and alternating between the Wings of Entropy and a sick 2H Maul and testing out helms like Abyssus for damage, Alpha's Howl for what was a freezing problem back then, and thgen settled on Devoto's Devotion when I saw the effect speed was having....until I found the Bringer of Rain.

When I put it on I had two basic axes, only one was a siege axe and immediately I knew what my build was going to become seeing the colossal difference in life, block, charges, DPS, and speed. 6 months later I found leech to be a solid defense and went VP with soul taker and my other older siege axe. Eventually I bought the sick axes I have today and immediately went on to tanking Atziri. Never looked back really. I would like to start a Mjolner build but I have so little patience for this game anymore. I've been spoiled by my dual striker
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Mar 29, 2016, 1:39:26 PM
As I am tired of running and kiting in end game maps I am definitely going to try your build, I like your macho, badass "I can tank everything build".

In fact this is "Build of the week" material

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info