3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but what is the point of Flicker Strike in the build?
"
IllusiveGuy wrote:
Apologies if this is a stupid question, but what is the point of Flicker Strike in the build?

just goofing with it, gem section has all you need to know
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
"
"
IllusiveGuy wrote:

just goofing with it, gem section has all you need to know

Cool, just didn't catch the part about why Flicker Strike. Seems fun.

One more question, for Bringer of Rain, the 4L I'm guessing should be Dual Strike, Melee Physical Damage, Multistrike and Ruthless?

Thanks for the build btw, only up to Act 5 but it's heaps of fun so far.
I'm torn between swords and axes... I love axes because soul taker is amazing, allows you extra auras, but after trying whirling blades with fortify + leap slam I think I can`t go back to just leap slam.

The potential of traveling whole map in seconds is way better with whirling blades.

BTW just theorycrafting, is bloodmagic nodes good if we ran the brutality version?

+35% hp , with all the life that the build has seems OP.
Whats about Melee Splash support for main attack? With multistrike clearspeed is seems to be poor
"
and axes are ten times more badass lol
I use leap slam asap, preferred use on a nonstop basis though when you have 2 faster attacks, one for dual strike and the other for leap slam

Yes but when you go whirling blades, you enver go back
"
Karibean12 wrote:
I'm torn between swords and axes... I love axes because soul taker is amazing, allows you extra auras, but after trying whirling blades with fortify + leap slam I think I can`t go back to just leap slam.

The potential of traveling whole map in seconds is way better with whirling blades.

BTW just theorycrafting, is bloodmagic nodes good if we ran the brutality version?

+35% hp , with all the life that the build has seems OP.

As I wrote in my guide, nothing than drains life is acceptable, including blood magic, blood rage, death's oath and so on. There is an order in which you take self-inflicted damage that actually isn't overcome with leech, so it causes you to die even though you may take 450 damage per second though you leech 10k per second, your health will be all over the place. It's just some kind of order of operations for the game's mechanics.

Don't worry about Soul Taker enabling auras. You can do 2 auras with 2x Siege Axes for the Ruthless Void Striker still. Brutality does not let you use elemental damage types so it's moot if you're rocking the Bruthal Striker.

Some things to consider-
-Axes are now a little cheaper than swords due to the rise of crit builds
-Axes tend to do more damage, BUT you are limited to Siege Axes, which can be pricey in high tiers but doable in mid-tier pDPS. The jump in tiers is not economical for minor differences in damage output
-Swords tend to be a little faster naturally, so you can pull off high APS sword types more easily than one type of axe alone. This means you may yet find more good deals with swords than axes since there are more types above the min. 1.88 APS. Siege axes are the only axes though that can be dual wielded with 1.88+ APS though
-Axes force mobility with leap slam
-Swords let you use Whirling Blades, which by itself is almost worth it however with good gear you tank constantly, you really don't move at all in a way that leap slam cannot execute well enough. So WB is great for weaker builds who need more footwork due to lower end gear
-Axes are simply more enjoyable for the chopping style of action
"
Miranapussy wrote:
Whats about Melee Splash support for main attack? With multistrike clearspeed is seems to be poor
Melee splash is used with the Might and Influence jewel. It works quite effectively and low to mid geared strikers insta-kill t16 mobs. You may need to upgrade your weapons or read the guide to see if you're making any mistakes.
"
IllusiveGuy wrote:
One more question, for Bringer of Rain, the 4L I'm guessing should be Dual Strike, Melee Physical Damage, Multistrike and Ruthless?

Thanks for the build btw, only up to Act 5 but it's heaps of fun so far.
You should read my gem section and decide which dual striker variant you want.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info