3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

This has probably been asked already, but there are so many pages to read... :)

How much "Attack rate" in Path of Building you need to have to be able to facetank guardians/shaper reliably?
"
Karibean12 wrote:
How do you get past 12 APS?

BTW I have been toying around with the build and is really fun to try other stuff

I'm thinking going claws , with the Bloodseeker unique you can drop Vaal Pact entirely and getting both the benefit of the amazing build and the regen for standard leech

Interesting idea, and not entirely out of the question, but Bloodseeker is a really lousy weapon other than the VP effect. You don't save many passive points, but having life regen again would be a huge incentive. Here is a quick tree I created. Uses a decent fast claw 350 dps. https://pastebin.com/rRzUS6u6

"
tbltk wrote:
"
roguemjb wrote:

There's no reason for that, don't waste your money.

Cool. Then other than APS, what stats should I aim for in the axes (or swords)?

Sorry if I missed it in the guide.

Just aps and phys dps. Other stuff is just bonus. Strength is nice, but the rest doesn't really matter.

"
Steamr0ller wrote:
This has probably been asked already, but there are so many pages to read... :)

How much "Attack rate" in Path of Building you need to have to be able to facetank guardians/shaper reliably?

12 aps (in ho) at least on Dual Strike to feel comfortable, I'd say. With guardians it's not as crucial, they all attack slow and have different mechanics rather than just facetanking.
I'm only a couple of months into POE and am wondering if Axes Vs Swords is pure preference or if there is an upside to picking one over the other

Thanks in advance for your time!

-Alavar
"
roguemjb wrote:

Interesting idea, and not entirely out of the question, but Bloodseeker is a really lousy weapon other than the VP effect. You don't save many passive points, but having life regen again would be a huge incentive. Here is a quick tree I created. Uses a decent fast claw 350 dps. https://pastebin.com/rRzUS6u6

I will try this build today, expending my remaining respect points!
Could you share a pastebin of your current ''standard'' build?

Lets see in Umbra gives his aproval :P Since claws are not as manly as axes haha.
After 2 chars I have made this one into my main Harbinger char. Not the best but so dynamic and fun, leaping and hacking everything to bits.

I now have kaom's roots & BoR, lvl 77, and I'm saving to find a good 6L chest. I have a few questions:

- A 6L belly is a huge amount of currency compared to a 6L rare with good life and resists. Is Belly really superior ?
- For someone who does not have a lot of time to play and farm, would you suggest to buy the chest without 6S/6L and try crafting it manually ?
- I have a "Flesh of the Beast" prophecy: if I complete it in Act 4 Belly of the Beast, will the iLevel of the chest be too low for manual 6 linking ?

Thanks a lot for the guide :)
"
roguemjb wrote:
Idk what you guys are talking about, gem order is completely irrelevant. The only thing I can imagine you guys meaning is what supports take precedence over others if you don't have a 6 link...

But in case anyone is misinformed, all sockets in a single link are equal. If you have a RRRRGG 6 link chest, it doesn't matter where you put Dual Strike, or any supports. Not in the slightest.

So this is really confusing the shit out of me.

In the original post it says, "Gem order matters' but then it doesn't actually list any gem order. And then I run across this post saying that gem order DOESN'T matter. I may be new but this back and forth is really confusing the hell out of me. I try to look up answers to questions on my own but there are so many damn pages in this thread, I've exhausted myself.

Could someone please enlighten a mentally exhausted reader with a definitive answer por favor? I finally managed to get a 6 link chest piece and I REALLY don't wanna have to spend time rerolling socket colors if I don't have to.

I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
"
Karibean12 wrote:
"
roguemjb wrote:

I will try this build today, expending my remaining respect points!
Could you share a pastebin of your current ''standard'' build?

Lets see in Umbra gives his aproval :P Since claws are not as manly as axes haha.

Use the axe tree on the guide to start with. Don't worry, I'm sure Umbra will hate it. GL!

"
thomzon wrote:
After 2 chars I have made this one into my main Harbinger char. Not the best but so dynamic and fun, leaping and hacking everything to bits.

I now have kaom's roots & BoR, lvl 77, and I'm saving to find a good 6L chest. I have a few questions:

- A 6L belly is a huge amount of currency compared to a 6L rare with good life and resists. Is Belly really superior ?
- For someone who does not have a lot of time to play and farm, would you suggest to buy the chest without 6S/6L and try crafting it manually ?
- I have a "Flesh of the Beast" prophecy: if I complete it in Act 4 Belly of the Beast, will the iLevel of the chest be too low for manual 6 linking ?

Thanks a lot for the guide :)

A perfectly rolled rare chest will still be less life than a good Belly. Belly is just too damn good. A 6 link Belly is around 500 chaos though, or was when I got mine. Get the 6 link rare first and get as much life and strength on it as possible. Then save for the Belly. A 6 link rare will do fine though and can cover your resists much easier than Belly.

I wouldn't suggest trying to 6 link anything yourself unless you have thousands of fuses already. A decent 6 link won't cost much. As for that prophecy, I have no idea. Idk if it's specific to that area or not, but I am 99% sure it would roll high enough ilvl to allow 6 sockets. I would just sell the prophecy and keep saving.
Last edited by roguemjb on Sep 18, 2017, 7:49:50 PM
"
Trickshavv wrote:
"
roguemjb wrote:
Idk what you guys are talking about, gem order is completely irrelevant. The only thing I can imagine you guys meaning is what supports take precedence over others if you don't have a 6 link...

But in case anyone is misinformed, all sockets in a single link are equal. If you have a RRRRGG 6 link chest, it doesn't matter where you put Dual Strike, or any supports. Not in the slightest.

So this is really confusing the shit out of me.

In the original post it says, "Gem order matters' but then it doesn't actually list any gem order. And then I run across this post saying that gem order DOESN'T matter. I may be new but this back and forth is really confusing the hell out of me. I try to look up answers to questions on my own but there are so many damn pages in this thread, I've exhausted myself.

Could someone please enlighten a mentally exhausted reader with a definitive answer por favor? I finally managed to get a 6 link chest piece and I REALLY don't wanna have to spend time rerolling socket colors if I don't have to.

I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

For support gems, the order doesn't matter - so Dual Strike, Ruthless, Brutality, etc can be linked in any order.

Trigger gems (like Cast When Damage Taken) might matter if the triggered gems depend on each other at all. For this build, it likely won't matter. There is a trigger order for CWDT and that is it triggers gems starting at top left socket and then triggers in socket order. So if you have Immortal Call -> Vulnerability -> Flame Golem then they are triggered in that order if they are able to be triggered. The gems linked to CWDT keep an internal damage counter and only trigger when that counter meets the CWDT treshold and then go on a 250ms cooldown and during that time do not track damage nor will that gem be triggered.
"
kellewic wrote:

For support gems, the order doesn't matter - so Dual Strike, Ruthless, Brutality, etc can be linked in any order.

Trigger gems (like Cast When Damage Taken) might matter if the triggered gems depend on each other at all. For this build, it likely won't matter. There is a trigger order for CWDT and that is it triggers gems starting at top left socket and then triggers in socket order. So if you have Immortal Call -> Vulnerability -> Flame Golem then they are triggered in that order if they are able to be triggered. The gems linked to CWDT keep an internal damage counter and only trigger when that counter meets the CWDT treshold and then go on a 250ms cooldown and during that time do not track damage nor will that gem be triggered.

I PM'd him about the supports, but thanks for chiming in. Good info about CWDT, I've never ran a build that really needs to proc more than one thing with it
Thank you both for the replies, it does not go unnoticed or unappreciated.

One last question and I'll leave you all alone, so... I get why +ele dmg affixes would be useless on a weapon (i.e. siege axe because axes are bomb) IF you're using brutality. However, if you're NOT using brutality does it stand to reason that forgoing the highest phys dps weapon you can find for a weapon with more +ele dmg affixes is a reasonable alternative?

I only ask because I thought I read a post a couple pages back that stated +ele dmg affixes on a weapon was irrelevant. There was no real context given (i.e. stipulating if using Brutality) so, again, I was left confused.

Thanks again in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info