3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

Hello new player here,

I'm trying this build in the harbringer league for my first playthrough and I've reached the bandits. From what I found from the wiki the rewards have changed with 3.0,have you already determined which choice would be best now?

Thanks for your work!
"
Irutan wrote:
Hello new player here,

I'm trying this build in the harbringer league for my first playthrough and I've reached the bandits. From what I found from the wiki the rewards have changed with 3.0,have you already determined which choice would be best now?

Thanks for your work!

Your choice is either Oak for phys damage and 2% phys mitigation or Kraityn for 6% attack speed and some move speed and dodge. I picked Kraityn because the dps difference is tiny and speed is better than damage.
"
raiderpoecc wrote:
Im actually running this build in harbringer league and i have a few question:

1) why you drop Soul Taker?
2) i replace HoA and Hatred for Blasphemy+Warlords mark and Artic armour and i dont have any mana problem is this viable or you have a better commendations for aura setup? (I know you are actually testing but i post this because might help with the mana leech trouble also get endurance charge)
3) why you pick evasion nodes since you use Unwavering Stance?

Thanks for the support and help for this great build!

1. Soul Taker is useful only for the full mana reservation. You can still go that route, but you're limited to the 388ish dps legacy Soul Taker or even less dps in the temp league. Better to replace it once you get epic gear. Use it if ya like.
2. You should never need Warlord's Mark. Do normal lab and get the 1% life/mana leech with your first ascendancy points, boom, mana leech issues gone forever.
3. The only evasion nodes taken are next to Vaal Pact and have life on them.
Hey,

As a new player, i do not clearly understand what gems I have to purchase with this build. Is it possible to have a little resume of all gems we have to use ?

Thanks a lot
Umbra, now that Soul Taker is out (good going that thing was expensive) would you say that swords are better? Maybe some crit options as well? Or are you guys leaning towards axes still? I am just purely interested if you have any info on that, because you be honest during the first like 50-60 lvls the Axe and Sword builds dont differ at all and its all about the lategame with what you go for.
"
kokozko wrote:
Umbra, now that Soul Taker is out (good going that thing was expensive) would you say that swords are better? Maybe some crit options as well? Or are you guys leaning towards axes still? I am just purely interested if you have any info on that, because you be honest during the first like 50-60 lvls the Axe and Sword builds dont differ at all and its all about the lategame with what you go for.

I always have had a sense of indignation toward swords. Never liked them, but that is an express preference for this game. Axes I favor because of their high APS + Great damage. Swords can be cool because some have even higher APS but the diminishing returns are pretty steep, so losing the damage an axe has for a lower damage but faster sword is less amazing. Some swear by swords though. You simply have to find your own.

I will say this, I'm very VERY happy swords are in my build now. Patch 3.0 turned out to open up juuuuuuuust enough possibilities to make my dual striker go from perhaps the most inflexible build to a pretty flexible one with several build choices throughout.
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
raiderpoecc wrote:
Im actually running this build in harbringer league and i have a few question:

1) why you drop Soul Taker?
2) i replace HoA and Hatred for Blasphemy+Warlords mark and Artic armour and i dont have any mana problem is this viable or you have a better commendations for aura setup? (I know you are actually testing but i post this because might help with the mana leech trouble also get endurance charge)
3) why you pick evasion nodes since you use Unwavering Stance?

Thanks for the support and help for this great build!

1. Soul Taker is useful only for the full mana reservation. You can still go that route, but you're limited to the 388ish dps legacy Soul Taker or even less dps in the temp league. Better to replace it once you get epic gear. Use it if ya like.
2. You should never need Warlord's Mark. Do normal lab and get the 1% life/mana leech with your first ascendancy points, boom, mana leech issues gone forever.
3. The only evasion nodes taken are next to Vaal Pact and have life on them.

1. Yep
2. Yep, yep. Getting tired of hearing about Warlord's Mark!!! Gonna have to post right next to Blood Rage, f*ck Warlord's Mark!
3. Yepper

Dropping Soul Taker will be perhaps the best thing in dual striker flexibility and fun. No longer needing to cram that unique down everyone's throat. Those who loves swords can keep loving them. Those who love axes, such as myself, can keep on keepin' on.

Bathe the world in blood.
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
Irutan wrote:
Hello new player here,

Thanks for your work!

Your choice is either Oak for phys damage and 2% phys mitigation or Kraityn for 6% attack speed and some move speed and dodge. I picked Kraityn because the dps difference is tiny and speed is better than damage.

APS is almost always better than raw damage even when your DPS lowers because APS offers both damage and leech effectiveness, but also adds into hidden damage not shown in the tooltip such as your natural chance to inflict bleeding. I've seen over the years that the tooltip means diddly squat. Most of dual striker DPS is spikey, situational and a flurry of bananas. Trying to track your DPS requires taking both your eyes off the battle at hand. He definitely flies by the seat of his pants.

In the future remember that attacking is survival. Attack more live longer. Leech and APS are very finely tuned into each other :D
"
spyromat wrote:
Hey,

As a new player, i do not clearly understand what gems I have to purchase with this build. Is it possible to have a little resume of all gems we have to use ?

Thanks a lot

Love ignoring posts like these.

50,000 characters long. That's the time I spent already writing down the answer which you were too lazy to read.

Next up, how to make Umbra angry! Here's how:
Hey Umbra, could you tell me how to dual strike? I know you wrote a lot but I just wanted you to retype it and then give me a back massage and sire my children and wash me and dress me. Thanks bud!
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Aug 8, 2017, 8:36:05 AM
I'm really glad and excited that we are getting rid of bleed (Bloodlust/Voidheart) and axes (Soul Taker). We can be more diverse and creative with the build now. So many opportunities. Can't wait for the clean front page update. It's pretty messy and hard to follow right now :D Apart from that really good work Mr. Umbra :thumbsup:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info