[2.1] The Little Doctor [Uber Down] [7k+ hp & 2.9Million SgT / 130k AOE Chaos DPS] [SC&HC]

You have a good build here. Nice defensives, nice dps. But. Your theorycalculation on poison, is it really correct? Unfortunetly, when there is no way to see poison dps as a tooltip, as of now, it's all a hypothesis.

I know that GGG has said Essence drain to have a different built in mechanic. But I can't find the post where that is stated, do you have a link to this? I do agree, when using poison it seems like it scales from spell damage, it does alot more damage than just the scaling from chaos / projectile / over time.

What I am curious about thou, you said the mob dies 5x times faster. Was this tested when poison still was broken? The exponential stacking from the dot itself? Pre-24th dec. Does it still feel 5x faster, or just twice as fast which would be more likely in terms of single applications, you don't really spam trashpacks with essencedrain, do you? Not to the point where you have 5 stacks going, which would be impossible with this dps, since they die.
Just wanted to say props for the Ender's Game reference in the title.
"
kratosboe wrote:
thank u for the great build...
atrzi down now on to uber.

Gratz! For Uber, Vaal is the hardest, if you get through it, Trio should be a joke, and Atziri should be manageable.

"
sealgoarparp wrote:
You have a good build here. Nice defensives, nice dps. But. Your theorycalculation on poison, is it really correct? Unfortunetly, when there is no way to see poison dps as a tooltip, as of now, it's all a hypothesis.

I know that GGG has said Essence drain to have a different built in mechanic. But I can't find the post where that is stated, do you have a link to this? I do agree, when using poison it seems like it scales from spell damage, it does alot more damage than just the scaling from chaos / projectile / over time.

What I am curious about thou, you said the mob dies 5x times faster. Was this tested when poison still was broken? The exponential stacking from the dot itself? Pre-24th dec. Does it still feel 5x faster, or just twice as fast which would be more likely in terms of single applications, you don't really spam trashpacks with essencedrain, do you? Not to the point where you have 5 stacks going, which would be impossible with this dps, since they die.

There is the post https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1528287 if you want to find the exact passage where they talk about it, search for "Contagion and Essence Drain have a stat that makes "spell damage" ".

Knowing what modifiers apply to poison is all I need to calculate the exact damage. Unless what GGG stated about spell damage related to Essence Drain and Poison is false, my calculations are accurate. A lot of players ask me the same question because the number look very high, and I agree that I too, at first, looked for an error, it seemed too high. But it's actually what happens with those mechanics.

When I said the mob dies 5x faster, its a rough estimations to mean that it dies a lot faster. I use poison only for Atziri or specific map bosses. Most of the time I don't even switch for it since I can kill high hp enemies fast enough so they don't become a threat.

"
loco1234 wrote:
Just wanted to say props for the Ender's Game reference in the title.

:)
-
Last edited by Zybeline2 on Jan 11, 2016, 9:40:26 PM
so i just hit level 73. i must admit i cant seem to get this build working. I die WAYY to much.
"
spawn10459 wrote:
so i just hit level 73. i must admit i cant seem to get this build working. I die WAYY to much.

Well, I can't help you if you set your characters private.
-
sorry about that. didn't even know i had that clicked.
I'm really enjoying this build. In videos it looks a little clunky to play, but when you give it a go it actually has a nice rhythm to it. It's also really cheap, I probably only spent around 50C. I'm currently level 81, and took down Atziri yesterday with no deaths.

One thing I don't quite get though is how you got to 7k life with the tree that is posted. I'm at 5.9k life with all the suggested life nodes on the tree, and whilst my gear isn't perfect there isn't that much more life I can get. Any idea where that extra 1k life is?

"
EdricWild wrote:
I'm really enjoying this build. In videos it looks a little clunky to play, but when you give it a go it actually has a nice rhythm to it. It's also really cheap, I probably only spent around 50C. I'm currently level 81, and took down Atziri yesterday with no deaths.

One thing I don't quite get though is how you got to 7k life with the tree that is posted. I'm at 5.9k life with all the suggested life nodes on the tree, and whilst my gear isn't perfect there isn't that much more life I can get. Any idea where that extra 1k life is?

jewel
"
spawn10459 wrote:
sorry about that. didn't even know i had that clicked.

So, I looked at your gear and passives.

First of all, you use only one jewel, and you miss 7-8 other. That's 42 to 49% life and 120 to 180 increased damage that you miss.

Then your tree only has 156% life, which is really low, paired with your gear that misses a lot of life, I think that you run at about 4k5 life? This is too low.

Then you have low strengh (only 550) which again is a loss of life.

You use repentance gloves, but you should not. I stated in my guide that they are the last upgrade that you should get. They are really hard to make work properly. And I'd bet anything that you have so much troubles because you try to run repentance gloves. They are gear and passive intensive, and you are only lvl 73.

TLDR : replace your repentance with a rare gloves with hp + str + resists, realocate the 150 int that you don't need anymore to strength (this means change your tree and your gear that was int focused), replace Slower Projectiles or Rapid Decay with Iron Will, take all the jewels that you can get for 3 or less points, and use life + spell jewels.
-
"
EdricWild wrote:

You have a total of 183% increased life, Ihave a total of 219%. I have more strength (827) and more levels. So I have lot more base life and %increased life. This makes up for the 1000hp you miss. My 7k hp are far from being the maximum you can get, with better jewels and gear I would get above 8k.
-
Last edited by Zybeline2 on Jan 14, 2016, 3:10:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info