[2.1] The Little Doctor [Uber Down] [7k+ hp & 2.9Million SgT / 130k AOE Chaos DPS] [SC&HC]

"
Lecht2 wrote:
In a min/max scenario, if you wanted 24% more damage rather than aoe, you could throw enhance level 4 in with righteous fire. With a 21/20 righteous fire that I also have coupled with an empower level 3 and enhance level 4 righteous fire gives me a total of 106% as opposed to 82%. (Also in a min/max scenario I'd have an empower level 4 instead of 3 for an additional 1% =P)

Also enhance with contagion is also nice because it increases the radius in which it spreads, so good for mapping at the least. You can see the difference in sizes here: http://imgur.com/a/lAQ2e .

The first is just a 20/20 contagion with no increased aoe or anything, second is with 20/20 increased aoe, third is with aoe and enhance. So it's not like massively bigger, but again min/max =P.

My tooltip dps right now at level 85 with all my stuff is 51925.3 over 4.94 seconds with rapid decay etc. It's around 36k with poison. Strength is at 802. 21/20 Essence Drain. Profile should be public if you're curious about my stuff. Still have some jewel slots to get and life nodes to take. Also a few other things gem/gear wise I want to upgrade.

Thanks for sharing the build Zybeline, it's a blast. I really want to attempt uber in a few levels, would love to hear what strategies you used for everything.

Hey, thank you for the suggestions. Yesterday wrote a little guide for Uber, take a look. I have similar if not higher tooltips now (but I don't have lvl 4empower), I just did not updated the guide :P

You don't use clarity, but can you indefinitly spam essence drain? I like the Empower on auras to gain 1% extra max res, but it seems that you trade it for a big boost in mana regen. I you want to be able to do uber, you need to have enough regen to be able to spam essence drain.

Here are my thoughts on what you just said :

Quality on righteous fire is spell damage, therefor its not more damage, its increased damage. Empower on righteous fire will give an additional 2-3% more damage, which is in my opinion not worth it for a gem slot. But if you can pair enhance with something else, like temporal chains it becomes in my opinion worth it. Its something I have to try. From my personal experience, I really like the inc aoe on curses, so the 4L would be Temp Chains + RF + Inc Aoe + Enhance.

Using enhance for contagion is a good idea. but inc AOE is better and faster casting is mandatory to have a fuild gameplay. So you would need a 4L and I think that this is not worth it for the little 8-12% aoe (since quality only gives 0.5% aoe per 1% quality). The aoe with increased aoe is already big enough. Its better to have utility like curses, wither totem, vaal skills etc... I like the fact that I can stick the Congation in a 3L setup.

I also wanted to say that buying all those lvl 4 Empower/Enhance is quite expensive, and it will more than double the total cost of the build.
-
Last edited by Zybeline2 on Jan 22, 2016, 1:54:17 AM
Enjoying this build, I went a little more defensive with mine though. don't really have any desire to do atziri, just wanna map and not die.

gear
Spoiler

tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAdwEswUtBjkLYQxfDPcNzRQgFm8XLxjbGjgaPhynHM4hYCcvKS4ppStQLiMx-zWSOtg8BTwtPQ89_ECgQYdDMUd-UWBTpVXWVw1Z818_ZOdlTWaeaHRo8nIPdO108XXLd-N4DXloeu98Dny4fLt_44CkggeDzITZjM-NfpBVk5mUoKIAp1WpbqmVrK-tja9sr6e18rc-t7a7nr02vqfAGsBmwL_BBMRYxLjE9sauz37SIdhN2L3ZYdpi2sHjaupi7w7vfPAf8azyQfMG9kj56PrS-6r-Cv5U?accountName=zoinkjr&characterName=SheKnowsItsAMultitrap

considering swapping vit for purity of light for a little more mitigation if i can get some more int, but I really like the rapid regen when I pop a ruby flask. dmg is a little on the low side, but my gems aren't lvl'd, only have a 5L, and I didn't know I didn't build for dmg. Will see how it goes.
Last edited by zoinkjr on Jan 27, 2016, 12:57:06 AM
"
zoinkjr wrote:
Enjoying this build, I went a little more defensive with mine though. don't really have any desire to do atziri, just wanna map and not die.

gear
Spoiler

tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAdwEswUtBjkLYQxfDPcNzRQgFm8XLxjbGjgaPhynHM4hYCcvKS4ppStQLiMx-zWSOtg8BTwtPQ89_ECgQYdDMUd-UWBTpVXWVw1Z818_ZOdlTWaeaHRo8nIPdO108XXLd-N4DXloeu98Dny4fLt_44CkggeDzITZjM-NfpBVk5mUoKIAp1WpbqmVrK-tja9sr6e18rc-t7a7nr02vqfAGsBmwL_BBMRYxLjE9sauz37SIdhN2L3ZYdpi2sHjaupi7w7vfPAf8azyQfMG9kj56PrS-6r-Cv5U?accountName=zoinkjr&characterName=SheKnowsItsAMultitrap

considering swapping vit for purity of light for a little more mitigation if i can get some more int, but I really like the rapid regen when I pop a ruby flask. dmg is a little on the low side, but my gems aren't lvl'd, only have a 5L, and I didn't know I didn't build for dmg. Will see how it goes.

I see that except for the Scepter and the implicite of your belt, you have literaly now strength from you gear. Also, fromt he tree you linked me, you took zero jewels. Thats a big deal, you are looking at a 50% damage loss (~300 increased damage that you don't get) and 30-40% less life loss too (from both flat life and % life).

Using 8 points for 14% block, for a shield that has a base of 24%, no armor and shield, is not a gooc choice. I guess that this puts you at 24 + 14 + 3 = 41% block for attaks and 20% block for spells. So about Stone of Lazhwar, it doesn't contribute to the build at all. This build already focused on having high resists to both dangerous elements (fire and lightning), while making you immune to one. This means that most of the spells you will block would have not done any damage or negligeable damage to you already. Getting a rare amulet for health and damage would benefit you infinitly more.

Also, I don't think using 8 points + a helm with no health (the immune to freeze is irrelevant if you get a good healthpool) and no strengh just to use Grace is worth it (not counting tempest shield since Tempest Shield only give 3% block that you can have for two points in many areas of the tree, if you really want to go block). But it's up to you, I just think its far from optimal.

In total I count 18 points that are invested in things that poorly contribute to making you stronger (reduced mana reserved, block and reduced mana cost & accuracy). Overall, you sacrifice a lot of damage (50 to 60% less) and a lot of life for some block and some more armor. So you sacrifice an insane amount of health pool and damage for some more mitigation. Don't forget that damage is a form of defense too (also ED has a regen aspect that should not be neglected, for me its 250hp/sec per stack). Which only makes you more susceptible to oneshots, because in the end what only matters is to not get oneshoted, since you can regen your entire health pool, doesn't matter how big it is, in a few seconds. You focus on small hits, but small hits will never be a problem for this build. Big hits are, and armor (unless you have 40-60k of it) and block will not save you from big hit.

-
Last edited by Zybeline2 on Jan 27, 2016, 5:21:44 AM
I definitely agree with what you're saying.

I had another unused templar on standard and I made a similar build to the one in your first post, but my gear is still not that great and I found that I was coming much closer to dying more frequently with that build than with this current build. I believe I only had about 5900 life though with a helm w/life and an amulet w/life.

For jewels I don't have any good jewels for this build currently and don't really have the currency to buy them, but hopefully that will come in the future. I can also add %block with those which is nice if I decide to keep the block.

As far as the actual defenses, if you use this EHP calculator
https://jsfiddle.net/p7pe80jx/39/embedded/result/
the defense side of the two builds, yours with 7k life/7k armour, and mine with 5.3k life/16k armour/79% light res have almost the same ehp(within 1k)/# of hits to kill.
Also I think 40% chance to take 0 damage is fairly good, it definitely could be better, but until I can get some better gear I think this is working pretty well so far.

edit:
another alternative is to drop the stone of lazhwar and run a better amulet.
I agree 20% spell block is not all that great. With 79% light res and 88% fire res and freeze avoidance from the alphas howl I'd be ok as far as ele damage. I have this that I'll give a shot:

Last edited by zoinkjr on Jan 28, 2016, 12:22:35 AM
Hey There,

Is increased spell damage while holding a shield also an option for jewels?
"
Simagol3 wrote:
Hey There,

Is increased spell damage while holding a shield also an option for jewels?

Yes, of course it is!
-
Would a belly of the beast chest be good for this build?
Started a new character just to try out this build. Im only lvl 70 and still lose some hp due to righteous fire, but its already fun. I like the small purple blob that kills everything.
However, leveling was horrible. I tried Essence Drain, but without Iron Will and the weapon the damage was so low i couldnt kill anything. So i took a bow from my chest and played an elemental build until lvl 65.
"
MrLightning wrote:
Would a belly of the beast chest be good for this build?

Belly is great, it is just that Lightning Coil is better.

"
jomtoy wrote:
Started a new character just to try out this build. Im only lvl 70 and still lose some hp due to righteous fire, but its already fun. I like the small purple blob that kills everything.
However, leveling was horrible. I tried Essence Drain, but without Iron Will and the weapon the damage was so low i couldnt kill anything. So i took a bow from my chest and played an elemental build until lvl 65.

I don't know what you did wrong while leveling, but you definitly did. Did you go to the shadow area to get the dmg nodes?
-
Last edited by Zybeline2 on Feb 4, 2016, 12:50:45 PM
Only took a few points, forgot how many respec points i get. So probably my own fault.

Which passives do you take after lvl 70, considering i wont reach lvl 100?
Are the passives at "Dirty Techniques" actually good, or did you take them because you had only 4 points left?
Dont know if i should get the jewel next to MoM first.
Last edited by jomtoy on Feb 5, 2016, 4:21:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info