[2.6] TankyTwirl - PhysSpell CoC Cyclone

Great build! I've really enjoyed leveling with Trypanon from 40 to about 64. I just filled in the last of the dagger crit and am now using a 9% base crit Vagan dagger but only have about 72% crit chance with 6 power charges up. How do you justify losing ~23% crit chance for a guaranteed chance to hit? I had about 79% chance to hit using Tryp but having the 100% crit made things feel a lot more fluid. Should I have more crit at this point using the dagger? I really like the build it just feels a lot weaker after switching from Trypanon. Thanks!
Last edited by rAx on Mar 31, 2016, 6:48:41 PM
Do you use inc. Crit Strikes as link?

Crit Chance without charges should be around 55-60% and 85-90 with charges.

If you use a 5L use:

Cyclone-CoC-LifeLeech-Bladefall-inc. Crit Strikes

"
How do you justify losing ~23% crit chance for a guaranteed chance to hit?

You also gain a shield, which in my case is 2k Energy Shield, 31% Spell Damage, 23% Block Chance and 90 Res.

In the final build i have 94.88 Crit chance on Cyclone, 95% Spell Crit on EK and 88% Spell Crit on Bladefall.

You also gain lots of attack speed and can use whirling blades.

If you enjoyed Trypanon feel free to check out my Trypanon Cast on Hit Build its linked in my signature.
Its easier to gear and cheaper but can´t compete for damage and survivability at higher levels of Gear.

A buddy made a Trickster Version of the build you can check out his Trickster Trypanon with Physspells here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Hundertmorder/characters
Character AufDenKopfGeschissen
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Mar 31, 2016, 6:58:50 PM
"
Do you use inc. Crit Strikes as link?

...... :)
"
rAx wrote:

what is that suposed to tell me?
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Spoiler

"
I guess you forgot to link your chest? If not your Problem is that you don´t wear a chest armour ;)

Also link the Flasks you are using, Flasks are a important part of the build.

What exactly is giving you trouble in the Izarro fight? Is it that you get to much damage from Izaro or that you feel like you can´t kill him fast enough?

The damage on him can indeed be pretty nuts when you get cursed by the Idols or he is buffed by Golems.

With another build i got oneshot with 6.2k HP when he was buffed by 3 golems.

Try using Basalt Flasks for the fight.

If its the damage, its mostly about Gem levels. Each level gives lots of damage, as i see most of your other Gems are lvl 18 and close to 19 if thats the same for your Spells you are about to get a big damage boost when they level up.

So thats what i can say without seeing your Chest and Flasks.

In other news i updated some parts of the guide, mainly adding Voidbringers to the gear section, added a part about multi modding daggers and talking about unique jewels.

I will update a part about Flasks later.

As Fluff heres a screenshot of how my current char looks, really like it after the skin transfers on Jewlery and Flasks :)

Oh I really forgot to link my chest and flasks :)
so here is my full gear:
Spoiler

"
"
rAx wrote:

what is that suposed to tell me?

I didn't have the crit gem in. Almost at crip cap now with it linked. Another question: Would you recommend any other reliable ways of keeping power charges up? I'm just clearing Dried Lake atm and the Blade Vortex setup procs in the first few packs which is good but once all the charges are up I kill things too fast for me to take more damage to proc Blade Vortex again and the charges drop. Any other way to maybe keep them up 100% of the time? Thx.
First off, i just got to lvl 92 and checked the numbers again here are the current stats with lvl 21 Spells + lvl 19 Q20 Supports:

10367 Energy Shield
64.04% Cyclon Crit without Charges
94.88% Cyclon Crit with Charges
57.73/66.22% Crit on Bladefall/EK without Charges
89.36/95.00 Crit on Bladefall/EK with Charges
13480 Bladefall Damage with Charges
15590 EK Damage with Charges
19142 Bladefall Damage with Charges + Taste of Hate
16503 EK Damage with Charges + Taste of Hate

Lost a little bit of ES because i switched Shield for one with better Res and Spell damage and Voidbringers for a pair with Word of Spite.

@elbramso

I guess you are playing Hybrid Life/ES seeing all the Chaos Res on your gear? If yes try out using Mings Heart for a good Damage boost and even more Chaos Res.

Your Gem levels look ok but your Flasks could use some work!

If you feel like your damage is a Problem on Izarro try to use a Atziris Promise instead of your normal Ametyst Flask for a great damage boost. It also provides additional Leech and is really cheap, there is no reason to not use it if you are Hybrid.

You should only need 1 Life Flask as Hybrid, but i understand using 2 if you want to run the Lab with this build. For mapping i would only use one Life Flask.

I would suggest the Following Flasks:

Bubbling or Seething Divine Life Flask of Heat
Chemists/Ample/Surgeons Basalt Flask of Staunching
Atziris Promise
Chemists/Ample/Surgeons/Experimenter's Quicksilver of Heat or Staunching
Chemists/Ample/Surgeons/Experimenter's Stibnite of Warding/Staunching/Curing

If you Pop Stibnite + Basalt and Atziris right at the start of the Fight you should get very little damage and kill him fast. (Flask Piano on 1-2-3 as soon as you can damage him)

Before you start rolling new Flasks, put quality on them. It takes only 4 Baubles if you do it on a white flask and gives your flasks alot more duration.

If you want to drop some Chaos/Ex on it you can also buy a Rumis Concotion or Taste of Hate in place of the Basalt Flask.

Hope this helps, if not you need to tell me what exactly the Problem is with Izarro.

@rAx

Good to hear it works better for you now :)

I also drop Charges in dried lake, i don´t mind it honestly.. if everything dies without charges its ok for me ;) If it does not die i wil lget damaged and get charges.

If you don´t like that you can do these things:

1. Buy Skyforth (a lil bit expensiv ;))
2. Buy Victario's Acuity ( a bit cheaper and also Frenzys)
3. Link BV with inc. Duration instead of CwdT and selfcast it between packs.
4. Link Herald of Ice with Curse on hit Assassins Mark. You may need additional Mana Reserved nodes in the tree to do that.
5. Link Assassins Mark on the Counterattack CoC instead of the Golem.
6. Use Doedres Elexir right before charges expire.

Hope one of these helps you to keep charges in the lake!
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Apr 1, 2016, 4:26:10 AM
thx again.

I'll upgrade my flasks. Maybe I switch to CI version once I hit lvl 85
Last edited by elbramso on Apr 1, 2016, 9:09:21 AM
hi, why bladefall instead of EK when youre doing 5L atziri?
"
xRodragoNx wrote:
hi, why bladefall instead of EK when youre doing 5L atziri?

That was before the patch, Bladefall had lots more damage than EK back then with the 2-3 hits on Atziri.

I guess now its still better for large enemies that get hit by more than one Wave of the Blades.

I also did a Video with EK only and Blade Vortex only Atziri, they all do work alone.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info