[2.6] TankyTwirl - PhysSpell CoC Cyclone

@Ready_Player_1

I feel like ICS is such a great link now.. its insane how good it is. I am at 93,5% crit on my Cyclone and 65% on my bladefall. Really great for damage and consistency.
Also Elemental Spells won´t deal much damage as we don´t have any skaling for it in the tree, its all phys. But never hurts to try it if you feel like it would work better for you.

@AratemusoAkiyo

As far as i know i did not change much on my Tree, the 2.2 First draft Tree is what i am using myself atm and its working great.

I will try to clean up the opening Post later, first have to finish a Video for my Cast on Hit build, then i´ll go over this Thread, clean it up and try to provide some new Videos.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
"
@Ready_Player_1

I feel like ICS is such a great link now.. its insane how good it is. I am at 93,5% crit on my Cyclone and 65% on my bladefall. Really great for damage and consistency.
Also Elemental Spells won´t deal much damage as we don´t have any skaling for it in the tree, its all phys. But never hurts to try it if you feel like it would work better for you.

@AratemusoAkiyo

As far as i know i did not change much on my Tree, the 2.2 First draft Tree is what i am using myself atm and its working great.

I will try to clean up the opening Post later, first have to finish a Video for my Cast on Hit build, then i´ll go over this Thread, clean it up and try to provide some new Videos.

Thank you! :D I'll periodically report back!
I decided to switch to CI.

I started this build as Hybrid, tested Low Life last league so i guess going CI this time is the logical option to test!

So if you look at my current gear and Tree on my Profile, keep in mind that this is CI, not for Hybrid.

For Hybrid i still recommend the tree linked in the OP.

So far CI feels good, sitting on 9645ES atm and frees up another Flask Slot :)

Switch out Mings Heart because i felt it´s not worth it when i don´t need Chaos Res and only get the Damage from it, would still use it on a Hybrid Version!
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Ah, I forgot we wanted to crit with our spells as well! I switched back to Inc Crit strikes :) How important is WM here instead of say, running a different curse? Won't your mana issues and life issues be solved by Trickster and Life Leech gem, respectively?
Warlords is nice, its the same Leech as LL Gem and gives Endu Charges for longer immortal Calls. But if you feel another curse would be better feel free to use it. As trickster warlords isn´t all that important as it was without ascendancy.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Updated OP with a Atziri Video of the current CI Version.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
"
I decided to switch to CI.

I started this build as Hybrid, tested Low Life last league so i guess going CI this time is the logical option to test!

So if you look at my current gear and Tree on my Profile, keep in mind that this is CI, not for Hybrid.

For Hybrid i still recommend the tree linked in the OP.

So far CI feels good, sitting on 9645ES atm and frees up another Flask Slot :)

Switch out Mings Heart because i felt it´s not worth it when i don´t need Chaos Res and only get the Damage from it, would still use it on a Hybrid Version!

What were your "personal requirements" before switching to CI? X amount of ES maybe? Any particular reason you would opt for CI other than 1 less flask type and a couple of skill points saved?

I also noticed you dropped about 60% crit chance with daggers with your current tree too, is it still enough in your opinion?
Last edited by AratemusoAkiyo on Mar 13, 2016, 12:32:12 AM
I just tried to spec into CI and had about the ssame EHP or more than Hybrid. I also was lazy searching for more Chaos Res Gear so i just tried to spec into it and it felt good.

Sorry for not being more specific about this, i am not much of a numbers guy i just do it and see if it works.

I dropped those crit nodes because i felt it was to much points for 60% and rather got another jewel socket and DEX on the way, so i can drop the +30dex node in the tree.

In other news i just got this and wasted all ex i had trying to 6l it...

As you can see i got a new 5L atleast... fu RNG :-/

But ye 9734 ES with it :)
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Mar 13, 2016, 1:23:22 AM
Really interesting build.

Been working towards CoC Phys Cycloner myself. I started Scion for Berserker / Assasin. Each of them is essentially a free link (instead of life leech and increased critical strikes), also scion start is in a great place for this.

My initial concept was to CoC Blade Vortex, to automate it because standing around air humping to stack it doesn't feel fun to me :P
So far, I've only been able to maintain about 10-15 stacks with this, so I've been focusing more on bladefall.
Going all in on duration nodes from the tree could make it work, but I'm not sure how much high Vortex stack compare to just raw damage.

Have you tried Ice Bite to generate frenzies? With just hatred on, it's very consistent for keeping frenzy charges up, which are a huge boost to damage. I'm considering an intuitive leap for the jewel by shadow to grab the additional frenzy.
Ice Bite seems like a total waste of a link for me to be honest.. if you want Frenzies run Blood Rage.

Intuitiv Leap for the Shadow oscket is also highly questionable, the socket itself is allready pretty inefficient to get, then you save only 2 Points with the Leap instead of using a good jewel there.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info