(3.2) [Lighty] Bladefall Totem's - Better Every League Since 2.1

"
mikpez wrote:
I will try to explain it - feel free to correct me if im wrong Lighty (im also quite new in poe)

You can choose a weapon depending on they ascendancy classes You choosed and currency u have to afford or item You have already loot ingame so... accoring to this:

"
Raider ► Grants onslaught when at max charges. Requires manually attacking with frenzy to keep charges up, which can be linked with a curse on hit setup. Wand only.
Assassin ► Only if crit version with Void Battery x2. Frenzy + gmp + pcoc + inc crit strikes to maintain power & frenzy charges. Very Expensive to gear effectively.
Slayer ► Simply the best subclass in every way. Grants culling strike, additional dps against rare/uniques mobs and stun on initial hit. Also can heal your totems some via overkill damage.
Chieftain ► Adds solid dps and 2% life regen when our totems are out.
Hierophant ► Only to be taken if utilizing Rime Gaze for an artificial 5l with 3 totems. Allows the use of kaoms heart as a body armour.

Raider ► (...) Wand only.
Assassin ► Only if crit version with Void Battery x2.(...)
Slayer ► ANY
Chieftain ► ANY
Hierophant ► ANY
*ANY means You can go crit version - crit need in 99% a daggers, or non crit and use wands? or even any other items but wands will have best bonuses to spell damage i bet

Then

"
iLvl 84: 75 to 79 (Runic)[Spell Damage]
iLvl 80: 35 to 39 / 26 to 28 (Lich's)[Hybrid Spell Damage]
iLvl 74: 3 to 10 / 126 to 133 (Electrocuting)[Added Lightning to Spells]
iLvl 79: 60 to 69 (of Nirvana)[Mana Regen]
iLvl 76: 100 to 109 (of Unmaking)[Spell Crit]
(wand)iLvl 83: 23 to 25 (of Finesse)[Cast Speed]
(dagger)iLvl 83: 23 to 25 (of Celebration)[Attack Speed]

These are listed items sorted by item level (iLvl)
So lets say You got couple of wands on different iLvl, ex:
"

item level is 84
bonus to spell damage on this wand is min 75 and max is 79
description of item (part of name) contain word "RUNIC"
it is focused on
"
[Spell Damage]

So, when u will check all spell bonuses (implicit,affixes,prefixes) on your wand and it will be like 75-79 it means You got wand with like perfect roll bonus to spell damage,
ex1:

iLvl is 67, bonus to spell damage is 45% (28+17)

ex2:

iLvl is 80, bonus to spell damage is 113% (41+72)

BUT Lighty know what's the best option is that why he putted there "runic" word, why?
ex3:

there is a bonus 79% and also 28% <- that 79% hits our main goal! but still those 28% could be better?

It is the way i understand this - Lighty please comment if its correct

BUT im not sure if Lighty suggest:
"

for any other waypon
then wands and then daggers

like:
"
<- Lighty suggest to focus also on cast speed
"
<- and on daggers (search for crit bonuses and attack speed)

omg thanks a lot dude
"

These refer to the 'tiers' of roll you can get on a weapon. Higher tiers can only roll on high item levels. (So it's impossible to get 100+ spell crit on an item at a lower level than 76.)

You can see the full list of possible affixes here (for wands): http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_wand_modifiers

For instance, if you scroll down to Global Spell Damage, you see

The first word is what a magic item with that prefix will have. (For instance in your example, a Runic Serpent Wand of Sleet. Runic is the top-tier spell damage roll, and Of Sleet is a T5 cold damage roll.)

This gets tricky for spell damage, because there are two spell damage prefixes (in addition to the implicit of the wand.) There's a pure spell damage prefix (that culminates in the 'Runic' 75-79% roll) and a hybrid prefix that gives spell damage and max mana (that culminates in the 'Lich's' 35-39% increased Spell Damage, +26-28 to maximum Mana). If you have both of these, the spell damage will show up as one line with the sum of the two affixes. So max spell damage a Prophesy Wand can have is:
* 40% from implicit
* 79% from Runic roll
* 39% from Lich's roll
for a total of 158%.

OF course, a wand with 3 max rolls like that isn't going to be cheap. ;) The highest on poe.trade ATM is:

So what you want to look for is a weapon with high rolls (but not max rolls unless you have a fortune) in several categories. POE.trade lets you specify a bunch of affixes with minimums and allow through any item with at least (say) 3 of them. Here's what I'd search to find good wands for this build: http://poe.trade/search/higotukaheyara You can see there are several wands, all with several high roll good affixes.
Playing SSF I'm using The covenant, with 5 L (prophecy). Scion slayer/chieftain crit.
I know it's not the best thing, anyway my totem cost life and I have a free 15 added chaos damage.

I think I can use the blood magic property in order to take MoM, in fact my mana is always full maybe i could take advantage of this ?

I have also found Soul Mantle and i think it'll be really better dps option for T11 + maps ?

what's your thinking about these 2 armour ? (I'm ssf and my choice are limited)
... nothing
"
Lighty wrote:
"
leonsiu wrote:
Hey Lighty,

Can you elaborate a bit on using the hierophant + slayer combo for hardcore? (Is that the best?)
Any changes to gear? (recommendations?)

The only reason you go Hierophant subclass when Scion is if using Rimegaze so you can get 3 totems on an artificial 5l; this is beneficial if you cannot afford a 6l, once you can, swap out hieropahnt for a better subclass.

So just for a quick clarification if I wanted to 6 link a chest piece and continue down this path imagine currency isnt an issue what is the best chest piece to six link? I have found out the hard way in legacy that it is not the soul mantle LOL that just doesnt do it. Any suggestions? Thanks
"
Catoravus wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
leonsiu wrote:
Hey Lighty,

Can you elaborate a bit on using the hierophant + slayer combo for hardcore? (Is that the best?)
Any changes to gear? (recommendations?)

The only reason you go Hierophant subclass when Scion is if using Rimegaze so you can get 3 totems on an artificial 5l; this is beneficial if you cannot afford a 6l, once you can, swap out hieropahnt for a better subclass.

So just for a quick clarification if I wanted to 6 link a chest piece and continue down this path imagine currency isnt an issue what is the best chest piece to six link? I have found out the hard way in legacy that it is not the soul mantle LOL that just doesnt do it. Any suggestions? Thanks

I feel like you can't go wrong with Belly or Lightning Coil if HC. Otherwise, armour/es base with life and resists would work.
got rekt today, corrupted 7 bladefalls and got no 21...

on to lvl 6 more
IGN=ElitePhanteon
Confused as to why in the passive tree it says to not go whispers of doom but then in the curse setup you tell us to get it :/
Hello, nice guide.

Could anyone help me and tell me please which ascendancy class (or combination if Scion) is better for a HC SSF, as a Bladefall totem first character? Is it viable? Is this much worse than double pizza or can work as well?

Thanks
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Mar 31, 2017, 4:53:10 PM
do yu think the build with hierophant+kaoms heart+2 void battery+ good rolls on everythig will survive endgame? thinking of it hardly
Thankyou for this build! I ended up getting Repentance gloves with Iron Will and stacked strength on my gear, as well as Doedre's Scorn for the 40% damage boost to cursed enemies. Currently get around 80k tooltip dps on my totem with Vaal Haste and flasks @ 4.7k hp/1k es. I've yet to try very difficult endgame content (ran some 8-mod t14s with ease) but so far I'm really enjoying playing this character!
IGN: WhatRNG - PM me ingame/on the forums for anything! :)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/318463 <--- Visit my shop!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info