(3.2) [Lighty] Bladefall Totem's - Better Every League Since 2.1

Also I dont understand why do you say raider needs a wand.
Why this ascendancy can't use dagger, and why other ones can't use wand. I dont get it.

IGN: Gonorreitor
So basically.. why do you make a build that uses 2 curse and not path to Whispers of Doom?

I opened all your trees, you're not taking Whispers of Doom.

Of course, that doesn't mean we can't change your tree and path to Whispers of Doom.

But the purpose of a build is to do some hand holding. If I was a noob and recreated your build I would be like.. 'OK.. now I dual curse right? I don't really see any visual feedback that I'm dual cursing but hey, I trust the guy who made this build.'

"
So basically.. why do you make a build that uses 2 curse and not path to Whispers of Doom?

I'm guessing that Whispers of doom is only a temporary pick up until you can get a +1 curse vaal implicit. Then regret out of it.

"
Also I dont understand why do you say raider needs a wand.
Why this ascendancy can't use dagger, and why other ones can't use wand. I dont get it.

Others can use wand, but raider needs a wand. Raider is based on frenzy charges, and so you need to run the frenzy attack skill to keep them up (frenzy on death doesn't work because you don't kill things. Your totems do.) But attacking things with a melee weapon (scepter or dagger) isn't really viable lategame so you need wand (or technically bow, but that's a terrible idea unless you go LL with soul strike.)

"
Could anyone help me and tell me please which ascendancy class (or combination if Scion) is better for a HC SSF, as a Bladefall totem first character? Is it viable? Is this much worse than double pizza or can work as well?

This build is a bit worse than pizza I think, but it's quite SSF viable. Go Chieftain/Raider+Slayer since you can't guarantee the Rime Gaze. This build is quite tanky and flexible. I expect you can hit mid maps without running into too big a roadblock. If you have trouble finding/creating a 5-link body, farm jungle valley for the 5-link staff div cards and use a T7 essence of woe on it. In general you'll want an essence of woe or essence of delirium weapon.
Thank you very much, pblur, really appreciate it. I forgot about the frenzy.

I managed to drop a tabula rasa in my first HC SSF character, so I'm fine without a 5L body :)
Build working so far, level 55 now.
Thanks for the help-

I also saw you got a different support gems for Bladefall, more chaos oriented. Do you recommend them better over the guide gems?
Tyvm
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Apr 7, 2017, 8:54:57 PM
Hello everybody, i need a tip on how can i improve my damage.

I'm actually lvl 91 with 5.6k life and 800 es, and with lvl 20 gem in my hideout with no aura active the tooltip dps it's a miserable 17.600 (25.500 with aura and bonus from ascendancy).
As ascendancy i chose slayer + chieftain as most of you said it was the highest dps.

I killed 3/4 guardian (minotaur missing) for now and 2/4 breachlord but as i could see, for example in breachlord domain, i was too slow on killing mobs and my breach close up before reaching the portal.

It's almost the same problem i have on killing minotaur, i just feel i'm not doing enough high damage.

Except for a jewel that i got just because of "cannot be curse with silence", how can i improve my damage?
Also, i'm trying to corrupt an amulet to get +1 curse on enemies in order to free some points on the passive tree but anyway with that point i'm going to take life and utility nodes, not damage nodes.

Here is the link to my public account so you can see my gear and passive tree (that is the one OP posted). The character is Simona_Ventura.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Pollux369/characters

Hope someone can help me because i'm really enjoying this build so far.

Ty
First of all, highest DPS is probably slayer + raider with full frenzy charges up. It just takes a lot of fiddling to keep frenzy up (and you need a wand to keep frenzy up, so no shield charge)

Do you have the increased bladefall damage enchant on your helmet? That's 40% increased damage.

One option for potentially higher DPS is a poison route. Ideal build would be:

Cospri's Will
Southbound Gloves with the corrupted 'Curse with tempchains/vulnerability on hit' implicit.
Breath of the council (could dual wield, or use a rare shield)
Natural Hierarchy Rotfeather Talisman, or a greatwolf with +%Damage and +%chaos Damage. Swap with bisco for farming.
Otherwise rares to fill all slots.

Cospri's will makes your hits poison cursed enemies, and the corrupted implicit curses enemies you hit. You also get another curse from cospri's, and your curses pierce hexproof.
Southbound Gloves make your totem hits non-lethal, so everything dies to poison. This means you get all the kills, and on-kill effects become valuable. This means that raider no longer needs a wand; you can rely on the frenzy charges on kill. An Intuitive Leap jewel can also be used to snag the notable behind Conduit, so that you can get all charges on kill.

6-Link is Spell Totem-Bladefall-Void Manipulation-Rapid Decay-Concentrated Effect-Added Chaos Damage

There are 2 major advantages to this:
Poison builds double-dip on Totem Damage, Area Damage, Damage, and Chaos Damage. You scale much better.
You can eliminate all auras. You have 2k+mana pool, and MoM; that's basically adding a kaom's of HP to your build.

For your passive tree, you can regret out of the aura nodes, and the ele damage+spell damage in templar (spell damage doesn't double dip.) Pick up the Potency of Will wheel; effect duration is close to a more modifier for you. Take the left side of the Corruption wheel.

It's expensive, but both your damage output peak and your effective HP will be higher.

"
pblur wrote:
First of all, highest DPS is probably slayer + raider with full frenzy charges up. It just takes a lot of fiddling to keep frenzy up (and you need a wand to keep frenzy up, so no shield charge)

Do you have the increased bladefall damage enchant on your helmet? That's 40% increased damage.

One option for potentially higher DPS is a poison route. Ideal build would be:

Cospri's Will
Southbound Gloves with the corrupted 'Curse with tempchains/vulnerability on hit' implicit.
Breath of the council (could dual wield, or use a rare shield)
Natural Hierarchy Rotfeather Talisman, or a greatwolf with +%Damage and +%chaos Damage. Swap with bisco for farming.
Otherwise rares to fill all slots.

Cospri's will makes your hits poison cursed enemies, and the corrupted implicit curses enemies you hit. You also get another curse from cospri's, and your curses pierce hexproof.
Southbound Gloves make your totem hits non-lethal, so everything dies to poison. This means you get all the kills, and on-kill effects become valuable. This means that raider no longer needs a wand; you can rely on the frenzy charges on kill. An Intuitive Leap jewel can also be used to snag the notable behind Conduit, so that you can get all charges on kill.

6-Link is Spell Totem-Bladefall-Void Manipulation-Rapid Decay-Concentrated Effect-Added Chaos Damage

There are 2 major advantages to this:
Poison builds double-dip on Totem Damage, Area Damage, Damage, and Chaos Damage. You scale much better.
You can eliminate all auras. You have 2k+mana pool, and MoM; that's basically adding a kaom's of HP to your build.

For your passive tree, you can regret out of the aura nodes, and the ele damage+spell damage in templar (spell damage doesn't double dip.) Pick up the Potency of Will wheel; effect duration is close to a more modifier for you. Take the left side of the Corruption wheel.

It's expensive, but both your damage output peak and your effective HP will be higher.

First of all, ty very much.
I'm changing my build on what you proposed and so far it seems good.

I have now a Cospri's but i'm missing the vaal'd gloves so in the meantime i tryed different set up for this new version of the build.
There is just a thing i've noticed i don't like or even i do wrong but..how are you supposed to kill enemies totem if you cannot curse them? I found this to be a problem on maps which have "contains totem" or even in Haku's mission. Am I doing something wrong?

So my set up now except of bladefall is
-cwdt-arctic breath-gmp-temp chains
-cwdt-ic-id-molten shell
-lightning wharp-less duration-faster casting
-frenzy-gmp-coh-enfeeble

I'm using frenzy atm to get the frenzy charge (with a rare wand), but i've tried also the sceptre you suggested with ball lightning-coh-enfeeble-temp chain to curse all the enemies and get the poison to kill them (with southbound) but i found this annoying to have to hit ALL enemies in order to kill them.
So, until i'll get a vaal'd gloves i think i will use frenzy and cwdt to curse and get frenzy charge.

Also, I've seen the tooltip dps obviously going down, is there a way to compare the dps i had before on the dps i have now counting the poison?

Thank you for your time and your suggestion
Well, for one thing, it's fairly cheap to get a random rare glove with that Vaaled implicit. Right now there's 1 listed for an alch. That would be my recommendation until you can afford southbound-vaaled. The QoL from everything getting cursed is too good to pass up, and is worth downgrading from a 4-link IMO. I also reserve 700 mana for a blasphemy for QoL, but I suspect that's really suboptimal, and I should be using CoH.

For poison damage, I've manually run the numbers a few times but that's pretty slow. I think Path of Building might handle poison? Not sure.

Edit: I just installed Path of Building. Holy fuck I've been missing out. It does calculate poison damage. Assuming 3 frenzy charges with double curse
Normal/magic enemy: 68k dps
Rare/Unique enemy: 72k dps
Boss enemy: 35k dps (reduced effect of curses and standard boss resist buff)
Guardian/Shaper: 16k DPS (even more reduced curse effect, even more resists, 50% less poison duration)

Edit 2: The answer to killing totems is a golem (or Vaal Summon Skeletons if it's a boss.) You can also just briefly uneqiup your gloves for a similar effect.
Last edited by pblur on Apr 16, 2017, 1:07:12 PM
I have loved this build so far this is my char

Can anyone tell me if it can be improved?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Chinchanpu/characters

My totems do around 48k damage each with flasks on

I was thinking if there is a viable CI build for this one im interested
i didnt get it - what is defence of this build so it claims uber lab viability?
No rest for the wicked

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info