(3.2) [Lighty] Bladefall Totem's - Better Every League Since 2.1

nvm
Last edited by Zatlan on Feb 1, 2017, 6:51:34 PM
Hi guys,
I^m somewhat old poe player, played since beta, but to be faire, i have never been past lvl 80. Mostly coz i always tried to make my 2hd axe build work, and it never did. And with this build it was easy enough to reach my current lvl 86. But i^m experiencing trouble to progress further with the ease that took me here. And i^m quite sure i haven^t reached the potential of the build. But since i^ve never been on such high content and the build is not my own, and i also tweeked it a little, i feel kinda lost, not knowing how to progress. Maybe someone could help?

TL;DR : I need help with my build.

So i^ve tried to make the Low life crit build... Not sure if it was a good idea to head for it straight forward, as i now dont have enough ES, and no way to avoid chaos dmg, to put extra auras on life. Should i respec into life, as it would make it easier for me? How would i go about doing it?

Here is my skill tree https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAJfBAcFQg18DdEOSBEPES8RUBGWFkAWbxmKGo8dFB8CIG4i9CepKU8qCyoTKwosnC2oNbk2xTwFPEs9X0GWRKFGcUlRSbFMs1AwUlNXlFgXWOVaK1xrXfJfsGDeY0NknWaebAttGW-ecFJ_xoKbgwmD84RIhX2J04w2jHaOZI9Gj_qTJ5Uul5WX9Jo7m6GbtZ48n9-iPqPypAykoKcrqLusmK4SrrOxkLQMtvq3MbfWvoC-isBmwcXDOsNtykrK09D11abXz9tZ217jauOE6rrr9ewY7TzvfO-I8NXyHfba96b31_k3-tL7CQ==?accountName=totalAccount&characterName=NoMansWoman.

Also i feel like i could upgrade my gear, and there are example gear, but i just dont know if it works for the low life build i was aiming for.

Spoiler

Thanks for the help!
Last edited by totalAccount on Oct 13, 2016, 4:14:01 PM
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Balthazar01 wrote:
Hi, I've made a similar build as a league starter character (inspired by this guide). I've done a few things differently and gone full armour and life (no ES). I went for Conviction of Power instead for easy power and endurance charge generation. I also run enduring cry and cwdt immortal call. With all the power charges up I have about 30% cirt chance, which seems to be enough for it to proc fairly regularly. I manually cast temp chains when facing large mobs. Running arctic armour and herald of ash too.

This is the first character I've built that has managed to take on and beat (fairly easily) Uber Izaro and Atziri. I'd like to try Uber Atziri, but I dont have all the fragments yet.

I've had a tonne of fun with this build and it's taken me the furthest in the game than I've ever gone before (I also got my first 6L with around 60 fuses, was super chuffed). Would be great if anyone could take a look at him and my gear and offer me a critique and other things I could do better. I'm currently trying to get better life rolls on certain bits of gear. He's called OldManMordechai.

Cheers!

ps, not sure how to post link to my gear or characters and I'm not sure if my characters are even set to public, so if not please let me know! Thanks.

Glad your enjoying everything and cant see your character so make it public and we'll talk about what yo do for gear ect.

Character now public! Any tips would be most welcome :)
Hi! What you are think about Facebreaker, will it work as well as with Warchief totem?
"
Thank you for your detailed guide. I just started leveling my first character this league (couldn't start earlier because of time constraints) and decided to go with this build because I haven't played a Scion before and wanted to try something where it "outshines" the other classes/ascendencies.

I have two questions, the first one is regarding a statement in your opening post:

"
Raider ► Grants onslaught when at max charges. Requires manually attacking with frenzy to keep charges up, which can be linked with a curse on hit setup. Wand only.

Is it wand only because you'd need to go into melee range when using Frenzy with a dagger or is there another reason for it? Apologies in advance if the answer is obvious but I'm still fairly new to PoE and haven't played a Raider (or even a Ranger in general) yet.

The second question is what you'd recommend in terms of defenses for hardcore. From what I can see from your example gear, there's mainly armour and ES. Since it's a life-based build and you don't take any evasion nodes I'd assume evasion is not really an option. But would it be desirable to go armour only or ES only if the other stats on the gear pieces allowed for that choice? Or is a mix of both the way to go?

Thank you very much in advance!

Wands because if your daggers your within melee range which is just bad and goes against the purpose of playing totems, to be at a safe and controllable distance from the enemy

For defenses you can get Mind Over Matter to convert a portion of your mana pool into ehp (effective health pool), but thats better as Hierophant. You considered Hybrid since you tend to have 5-7k life and 1-3k ES, aside from that its down to manually dodging and playing smart to avoid damage.
LightyGaming.com
"
deyalord wrote:
Do you use any golem? if not if you did use one what would it be? also what ascendancy did you get personally when you were on your scion?

Stone/Chaos golem if anything and ascendance were not around when I first played the build during talisman, I would however go Raider - Slayer if I played it on scion now.
LightyGaming.com
"
oniminion wrote:
Hi Lighty! I've been playing with your build for a few days now and I really enjoy it. If you don't mind, can you check my character's gear and give me some feedback on how I can tweak it further? I'm going for crit, and y DPS w/ Ash + Hatred is roughly 41k. Thanks a bunch!

Your character page is set to private
LightyGaming.com
"
Parazzyte wrote:
Hi! What you are think about Facebreaker, will it work as well as with Warchief totem?

Facebreakers work on attacks and bladefall is a spell, albeit a physical spell so I can understand the confusion.
LightyGaming.com
Lighty would you upgrade your chest to a Lightning Coil and try to go Block with Rathpith, Rumi's and Lazhwar? You would hit max spell block and around 60% attack block, I think I will try it soon just wanted to know your opinion on that.
"
valekpwnz wrote:
Lighty would you upgrade your chest to a Lightning Coil and try to go Block with Rathpith, Rumi's and Lazhwar? You would hit max spell block and around 60% attack block, I think I will try it soon just wanted to know your opinion on that.

Coil is fine but the block route seems a stretch, not impossible but atm stack higher effective life pool is more important than preventing many small hits, its the reason why es is so strong atm. However, doing what your suggesting should work fine.
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info