(3.2) [Lighty] Bladefall Totem's - Better Every League Since 2.1

"
Regards wrote:
Is there a reason not to run poison on the totem? Maybe if I'm running a tabula for right now going poison gem over added fire?

You can, your initial hits arnt massive and you dont have much in double dipping. Most things die very quickly anyway so the dot seems wasteful later on; added fire is a massive dps increase.
LightyGaming.com
"
Thnks for build lvl 61 atm and enjoying shit out of it.Opie op

Glad you enjoy it buddy, lmk if you need help with anything
LightyGaming.com
"
Eep wrote:
Thanks for the great build OP!

Question -

Is Heretics Veil worth picking up if you have the currency?

Then maybe running:

Hatred + Temporal + Enfeeble

Conversely, what are your thoughts on Repentance gloves?

With some minor focus on gear, I'm sitting on ~400 str or so right now. Would those be a pretty big boost if I find a way to hit the int req?

It would be a stretch to hit the stat requirements for repentance but if you could pull it out thats great, heretics isn't amazing as you need +1 ammy or doedres which sucks...and most the time your far from melee range so blasphemy may not reach..but you "can" do it; curse's are OP still so it wouldn't be complete shit.
LightyGaming.com
"
Balthazar01 wrote:
Hi, I've made a similar build as a league starter character (inspired by this guide). I've done a few things differently and gone full armour and life (no ES). I went for Conviction of Power instead for easy power and endurance charge generation. I also run enduring cry and cwdt immortal call. With all the power charges up I have about 30% cirt chance, which seems to be enough for it to proc fairly regularly. I manually cast temp chains when facing large mobs. Running arctic armour and herald of ash too.

This is the first character I've built that has managed to take on and beat (fairly easily) Uber Izaro and Atziri. I'd like to try Uber Atziri, but I dont have all the fragments yet.

I've had a tonne of fun with this build and it's taken me the furthest in the game than I've ever gone before (I also got my first 6L with around 60 fuses, was super chuffed). Would be great if anyone could take a look at him and my gear and offer me a critique and other things I could do better. I'm currently trying to get better life rolls on certain bits of gear. He's called OldManMordechai.

Cheers!

ps, not sure how to post link to my gear or characters and I'm not sure if my characters are even set to public, so if not please let me know! Thanks.

Glad your enjoying everything and cant see your character so make it public and we'll talk about what yo do for gear ect.
LightyGaming.com
"
VisorX wrote:
Hey, I started playing again (after 2 years) and really enjoy your build.
I followed your Scion Life build and went Slayer+Chieftain (mistake?) on Essence Standard.

I am now level 87, 4.5k HP (+700 ES), 26k dps. I can do most tier 10 maps easily.
Most problematic are were bosses like Merciless Izaro or Queen Atziri. But maybe because I am not experienced how to play around them.

Some questions:
1) I should go dagger according to your guide. But then I should probably switch my skill tree to crit?
2) Any advice which pieces of my gear should be upgraded? I bought most of it for 1-5 chaos when I started merciless (just bought this nice 6L for 1exalt) and it's not easy to find significant upgrades even for ~20-40 chaos since I have decent +maxlife on all of them. Which other stats could I need? Mana Regen?
3) I have around 3-4 exalt in currency. I thought about saving for double void battery and then switching to crit. But maybe I should switch now and go double dagger?
4) Do you ever switch to CI? Probably when going the lowlife crit build?

Gear

Edit: I am now 88 and mainly run tier 11-13 maps which can get quite tough if you vaal them. I died a few times, so I would like to be more tanky (and maybe more DPS to kill faster helps too).
Some tough bosses/mobs also kill your totems pretty fast.
Maybe I also need to optimize my flask use. I have a Granite Flask which I rarely use. Maybe its also better to have a Flask against Freezing than Burning.

1) Dagger should be considered for Whirling blades access over crit if anything and no skill tree switching is required, crafting a decent dagger is hard however.

2) Your next big upgrades are flasks & gem levels/quality. Prioritize 21 bf and getting a Atziri/Taste/Rumi

3) Your going to lose alot of dps be going double dagger over double void battery and the price difference isn't major, just know the void bat playstyle is more active to maintain power charges.

4) CI is just to far away to be worth it for transition period, either go CI or go lowlife, but keep in mind CI will not be better than it is now, only downhill from here.

5) You need a freeze/bleed immunity flask, 1-2 life flasks, a quicksilver/silver and 1-2 defensive flask's. Also keep a mana flask on reserve for less regen maps
LightyGaming.com
Updated and cleaned up the build guide some
LightyGaming.com
Thank you for your detailed guide. I just started leveling my first character this league (couldn't start earlier because of time constraints) and decided to go with this build because I haven't played a Scion before and wanted to try something where it "outshines" the other classes/ascendencies.

I have two questions, the first one is regarding a statement in your opening post:

"
Raider ► Grants onslaught when at max charges. Requires manually attacking with frenzy to keep charges up, which can be linked with a curse on hit setup. Wand only.

Is it wand only because you'd need to go into melee range when using Frenzy with a dagger or is there another reason for it? Apologies in advance if the answer is obvious but I'm still fairly new to PoE and haven't played a Raider (or even a Ranger in general) yet.

The second question is what you'd recommend in terms of defenses for hardcore. From what I can see from your example gear, there's mainly armour and ES. Since it's a life-based build and you don't take any evasion nodes I'd assume evasion is not really an option. But would it be desirable to go armour only or ES only if the other stats on the gear pieces allowed for that choice? Or is a mix of both the way to go?

Thank you very much in advance!
Do you use any golem? if not if you did use one what would it be? also what ascendancy did you get personally when you were on your scion?
Last edited by deyalord on Oct 11, 2016, 12:17:43 AM
"
Morkork wrote:
A belly with 3 blues though :\

I master crafted mine with Vorici's bench, I did in 3 hits of "Three Blue Sockets" option, and I got the "BBBRRG".

360 Chromes.

Which I didn't care about because I have 1 complete tabs of Chromatics (About 2800 Chromes).

Before I did this, I was using a 5L Carcass, but then I got a 6L Belly, and my Damage went from 6k Tooltip, without Aura's, up to about 17K tooltip because I now got 6 Jewels (with Conc Effect), and I am not even done levelling those up. With Aura's, Totems out and An Ice golem, I tool tip in to the 22k.

I am not rich in terms of gear and gems but I could do more with it, but I am in the Tier 10/11's right now.

I am sure I could still do a lot better in terms of gearing, Character "Painoraino", but I am having fun with it despite not being finished :)
Last edited by iamnotspock on Oct 10, 2016, 5:27:11 PM
Hi Lighty! I've been playing with your build for a few days now and I really enjoy it. If you don't mind, can you check my character's gear and give me some feedback on how I can tweak it further? I'm going for crit, and y DPS w/ Ash + Hatred is roughly 41k. Thanks a bunch!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info