(3.2) [Lighty] Bladefall Totem's - Better Every League Since 2.1

Thnks for build lvl 61 atm and enjoying shit out of it.Opie op
Thanks for the great build OP!

Question -

Is Heretics Veil worth picking up if you have the currency?

Then maybe running:

Hatred + Temporal + Enfeeble

Conversely, what are your thoughts on Repentance gloves?

With some minor focus on gear, I'm sitting on ~400 str or so right now. Would those be a pretty big boost if I find a way to hit the int req?
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI RX 2080
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
32GB GSkill Trident-Z
Last edited by Eep on Sep 25, 2016, 5:39:50 PM
Hi, I've made a similar build as a league starter character (inspired by this guide). I've done a few things differently and gone full armour and life (no ES). I went for Conviction of Power instead for easy power and endurance charge generation. I also run enduring cry and cwdt immortal call. With all the power charges up I have about 30% cirt chance, which seems to be enough for it to proc fairly regularly. I manually cast temp chains when facing large mobs. Running arctic armour and herald of ash too.

This is the first character I've built that has managed to take on and beat (fairly easily) Uber Izaro and Atziri. I'd like to try Uber Atziri, but I dont have all the fragments yet.

I've had a tonne of fun with this build and it's taken me the furthest in the game than I've ever gone before (I also got my first 6L with around 60 fuses, was super chuffed). Would be great if anyone could take a look at him and my gear and offer me a critique and other things I could do better. I'm currently trying to get better life rolls on certain bits of gear. He's called OldManMordechai.

Cheers!

ps, not sure how to post link to my gear or characters and I'm not sure if my characters are even set to public, so if not please let me know! Thanks.
Last edited by Balthazar01 on Sep 29, 2016, 11:31:24 AM
Hey, I started playing again (after 2 years) and really enjoy your build.
I followed your Scion Life build and went Slayer+Chieftain (mistake?) on Essence Standard.

I am now level 87, 4.5k HP (+700 ES), 26k dps. I can do most tier 10 maps easily.
Most problematic are were bosses like Merciless Izaro or Queen Atziri. But maybe because I am not experienced how to play around them.

Some questions:
1) I should go dagger according to your guide. But then I should probably switch my skill tree to crit?
2) Any advice which pieces of my gear should be upgraded? I bought most of it for 1-5 chaos when I started merciless (just bought this nice 6L for 1exalt) and it's not easy to find significant upgrades even for ~20-40 chaos since I have decent +maxlife on all of them. Which other stats could I need? Mana Regen?
3) I have around 3-4 exalt in currency. I thought about saving for double void battery and then switching to crit. But maybe I should switch now and go double dagger?
4) Do you ever switch to CI? Probably when going the lowlife crit build?

Gear

Edit: I am now 88 and mainly run tier 11-13 maps which can get quite tough if you vaal them. I died a few times, so I would like to be more tanky (and maybe more DPS to kill faster helps too).
Some tough bosses/mobs also kill your totems pretty fast.
Maybe I also need to optimize my flask use. I have a Granite Flask which I rarely use. Maybe its also better to have a Flask against Freezing than Burning.
Last edited by VisorX on Oct 7, 2016, 1:21:52 AM
"
Jum0ngz wrote:
Lighty,

First of all i want to congratulate you on this build, been using it here on Essence HC, using the Scion Life Build, the Raider and Chieftain are the best of this..

bro, im using double curse, dont get me wrong please, but i just want to advice using FireStorm for Dual curse, instead of ball lighting, the Inc AOE Nodes apply also to Firestorm and it has a huge AOE..

Thank you bro for this build, its very cheap and dont need any uniques and great for first league character, and can farm till T15 maps for your next character..

God Bless you and more power, i hope to see more cheap and easy builds from you...

Firestorm is fine, so is arc, ball lightning just feels the best for curse application since you can lead shots and keep a longer range than most skills imo.
LightyGaming.com
"
Rigimort wrote:
Spoiler

Lighty,

Thank you for the great build. It's been my favorite of the three that I have tried this season and I plan on continuing with it through the end. If you can, can you give me some advice for gear upgrades? I decided to go the Rime Gaze / Heart route, and I feel as though I've hit a wall when it comes to looking for clear upgrades. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Next upgrade is a 6l body, 21 bladefall. You can buy an i84 helm with a good enchant and craft life/res/int ect too. Your wand can go higher aswell, along with taste,rumi,atziri flasks.
LightyGaming.com
"
donion wrote:
Hi Lighty
Thank you for ur build m8. It is perfect for beginners and pretty cheap also!
There is plenty room for damage boost. It's fun to play and great for Atlas league.
W8ing for ur streams, get well.

Thanks buddy, this sundays stream i'll be playing BFT in EHC if interested, lv92 and still alive although my motivation is play this league is low honestly...
LightyGaming.com
"
Ultionis wrote:
Hi Lighty

I've really been enjoying the build, gearing is really easy as I'm overcapped on res and my spell damage is good. I've got a lot of spare currency.

This begs the question, how much improvement will I see getting a lvl 3 empower over lvl 19 or 20 added fire damage?

I'm not sure if the switch will be worth it and I doubt that I can afford a lvl 4 empower.

Cheers

The difference isn't worth it and even at lv4 its not a massive damage boost, there are better improvements to make that cost less, post your gear and we'll work it out.
LightyGaming.com
"
chinese1987 wrote:
Quick question.. How do you gain the power charges? Guide doesn't say =(

PCOC + Orb of Storms + Inc Crit Strikes ?

Pcoc + ice spear + gmp + echo/crit

thought I added it, will add it now

your method also works but I find keeping at a distance to gain charges safer
LightyGaming.com
"
Soulcry_POE wrote:
"
chinese1987 wrote:
"
Soulcry_POE wrote:
Hey dude, been doing a bit of theory crafting on a hybrid crit based Heirophant tree. If you could take a look and give feedback would be much appreciated! I'm going to PM it to your inbox.

As Crit Heiro, how would you gain your power charges ?

Conviction of power on the heirophant.

Thats fine, but you'd be losing 2 extra totems which is slightly annoying as hiero, you can also easily gain charges with pcoc + ice spear + echo + gmp so it seems like a waste of 2 ascendancy points; id rather do something with 2 points that an easy 4link couldn't.
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info