[3.0] Legasi's Masterpiece - Trivialize Bossfights! Shaper Deathless! Boss Guides inside! HC

"
Kufios wrote:
I'm so ready to try this build. All I'm waiting for is some footage, any footage (doesn't have to be from OP) to gauge it a little. Does anyone have any vids?

Well, play the build and upload some ;)

On a sidenode, just killed Atziri on my 82 tali char with a 4l and lvl 18 gems and horrible horrible gear. Died two stupid deaths: ran out of pots when the cyclone guy was at litteraly 1 hp (no vaal disc yet) and chased a ghost into a large pack that made me lag and die... Both very avoidable -.-
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Chaos resistance cap is 75% right? How is this build increasing the chaos res cap to 100%, what am I overlooking?
"
Tynial wrote:
Chaos resistance cap is 75% right? How is this build increasing the chaos res cap to 100%, what am I overlooking?

Chaos Inoculation.
"
Legasi wrote:
"
Tynial wrote:

Chaos Inoculation.

LOL doh, thats what I get for being up so late. Was thinking of low life and needing shav's to prevent CI from penetrating ES =p
This build looks good, I'm sure I'll give it a try later on.

I think the Build has a similar playstyle to all the Bladefall Builds out there. Its just a Hit (hard) and run (my wild guess).

I'll never played on CI, and now I'm curious about it :D
Nice guide with very indepth descriptions and explainments why you've chosen something.

#note to my self, find ex or Consuming Dark *dang*
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
This build looks good, I'm sure I'll give it a try later on.

I think the Build has a similar playstyle to all the Bladefall Builds out there. Its just a Hit (hard) and run (my wild guess).

I'll never played on CI, and now I'm curious about it :D
Nice guide with very indepth descriptions and explainments why you've chosen something.

#note to my self, find ex or Consuming Dark *dang*

That's not quite correct actually, more like hit for good damage and watch everything around you melt while not losing any energyshield at all. Absolutely no need to run :D The high single target dps builds up over time following a third degree polynom (direct dmg * posion damage * wither bonus), so the damage immediately after casting is actually low/medium (depending on gemlevel and linknumber). That's why the clearspeed is mediocre.

And there are several cd for below 20c in sc.
forgot to mention I mostly play on temp leagues ^^

But hey, just a bit of farming :D
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Hey

Thanks for the Build, its my first CI Char and im liking it so far.

I have some questions tho

I saw u talked earlier about a dual curse setup with WM and AM, have you tested it out and what do you think about it ?

Is it possible to change the 6L Firestorm setup to something for faster Map clearing, any suggestions ?

ign: Deeecs
Last edited by marccoxx on Jan 14, 2016, 5:52:31 PM
Hey There,

I've decided to start my take on this char yesterday evening. For others (mostly new players) who will try this Build, they'll need a more detailed Leveling section.

I will keep posting my progress with Leveling tree and my Equipment to give a glimpse how it works.

Tree Lvl 24
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABUIRDxFQGyUqjTW5Ntg7DT1fQZZJG0uuTLNSU20Zl5WX9KcrrJius9Af2VvfiukC7FXv6_Fs?accountName=eviL_Bison&characterName=BisonChaosStorm

I Liked the Jewel Slot more, so I got it. The rest is some damage for Firestorm and ES.
The next few Levels will give me Lifenodes and maybe Dex. The char is now at the start of Act 3. Normal.

Equipment

The equipment is nothing fancy here. Just what i've got in my stash. But for Leveling I can say, you'll need some dex on your gear or priorize the 30dex nodes on the tree in an early stage. I'll get one of those in the next levels.

How to survive lvl 1 to lvl 12? Just grab Freezing Pulse and do your thing. Switch to Firestorm at level 12. You'll get used to it really fast.

After you got Firestorm, the run through is a cakewalk. But you have to pop a flask here and there (mana / life). I'am lazy, so I've running a Clarity with AA.

General Playstyle

You cast Firestorm, everything dies. For Bosses (Vaal Oversoul in my case) switch to Conc Effect (for Faster Casting). Its ridiculous how fast they die. From time to time you need to pop a lifeflask and in bossfight maybe a manaflask.

I will post the next steps tomorrow.

@Legasi feel free to use my posts if you wish so :]
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
marccoxx wrote:
Hey

Thanks for the Build, its my first CI Char and im liking it so far.

I have some questions tho

I saw u talked earlier about a dual curse setup with WM and AM, have you tested it out and what do you think about it ?

Is it possible to change the 6L Firestorm setup to something for faster Map clearing, any suggestions?

The Multicurse builds were just ideas, i'll make sure to include them once they are finished.

I don't think you can significantly increase the clearspeed. More damage obivoulsy helps, it'll get better later on. You can also try Faster Casting instead of Spell Echo, so you aren't locked in place for so long. On top of that you might also substitute Inc Dur with something that increases hit damage, however this will lower your damage against stronger mobs.

"
eviL_Bison wrote:
Hey There,

I've decided to start my take on this char yesterday evening. For others (mostly new players) who will try this Build, they'll need a more detailed Leveling section.

I will keep posting my progress with Leveling tree and my Equipment to give a glimpse how it works.

Tree Lvl 24
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABUIRDxFQGyUqjTW5Ntg7DT1fQZZJG0uuTLNSU20Zl5WX9KcrrJius9Af2VvfiukC7FXv6_Fs?accountName=eviL_Bison&characterName=BisonChaosStorm

I Liked the Jewel Slot more, so I got it. The rest is some damage for Firestorm and ES.
The next few Levels will give me Lifenodes and maybe Dex. The char is now at the start of Act 3. Normal.

Equipment

The equipment is nothing fancy here. Just what i've got in my stash. But for Leveling I can say, you'll need some dex on your gear or priorize the 30dex nodes on the tree in an early stage. I'll get one of those in the next levels.

How to survive lvl 1 to lvl 12? Just grab Freezing Pulse and do your thing. Switch to Firestorm at level 12. You'll get used to it really fast.

After you got Firestorm, the run through is a cakewalk. But you have to pop a flask here and there (mana / life). I'am lazy, so I've running a Clarity with AA.

General Playstyle

You cast Firestorm, everything dies. For Bosses (Vaal Oversoul in my case) switch to Conc Effect (for Faster Casting). Its ridiculous how fast they die. From time to time you need to pop a lifeflask and in bossfight maybe a manaflask.

I will post the next steps tomorrow.

@Legasi feel free to use my posts if you wish so :]

Hey thanks for that offer, I'll include it once it is finished. Would you mind me tweaking it to my personal taste? I'd still provide a link to your original.

I'm not quite convinced by your pathing. Arcane Vision has close to no impact this early, but you skipped Heart and Soul which helps a lot. You also forgot to spec the Annihilation and the 16% spell damage witch starting node. Taking the Jewel socket is fine if you got a nice one to work with, however I wouldn't travel further north yet. I just updated the build and removed Heart of Flame from the final version. Sorry about that :) Are you planning to take Cruel preparation next? Speccing life on normal/cruel makes way more sense, es becomes important later on. Also MoM is freaking awesome for leveling, grab it as soon as you get there, it's way better than reserving mana with something ;) Also, what do you need so much dex for?

Last edited by Legasi on Jan 15, 2016, 11:40:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info