[3.0] Legasi's Masterpiece - Trivialize Bossfights! Shaper Deathless! Boss Guides inside! HC

"
PhysoniumI wrote:
Loving this build! Made a few changes to the tree, because of things I felt were unnecessary.

Tree
Spoiler
Current: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAA-4FQg18DdEOXA-rEHsRDxEtES8V1xa_GyUc3B2-IG4i9CSLKPoqCyo4KwosnCy_MtEzhzwFPV9BlkVHRX5HBklRS65Ms1AwUEJSU1KvUzVWY1fJXEBca13yX2pjQ2SdZ_xq-mwLbRltbHBSdZ52gnyDgpuCx4RIhq6Hy4nTjDaP-pMnl5WX9Jo7n9-nm6yYrrO1SLiTu02-OsBmwzrDbcgMzxXQ0ND11abZW9sa217dX9-K37DjhOd06QLrY-vu6_XsGO0873zw1fId8uH31w==?accountName=PhysoniumI&characterName=CastBuild
Final: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBA-4FQg18DkgRLREvEVAV1xslHNwdTx2-KPoqCysKLJwsvzLRM4c1uTwFPV9BlkVHS65Ms1JTUq9WY1fJXEBca13yX2pn_G0ZcFJ1nnyDgpuCx4RIhq6Hy4nTjDaP-peVl_SaO5_fpyunm6yYrrO1SLcwuJO7TcBmw23PFdDQ0PXVptlb3V_fit-w6QLrY-vu6_XsGO0873z31xa_bWzndNsaEHu-Og-rJIvDOio4yAx2giBuUDDbXhEPIvRsC5MnFAkTbe-I-TfXz0mxvoqhL0V-Dlxq-uOEDdFjQ_LhRwZTNVBCJohknfIdV5QpT2u3hX2ePIx2

Gear
"

Was super lucky with those Skyforths last night, super excited for where this will go!

Some rationale behind changes:

Vaal Pact
Firestorm hits so fast and hits a significant quantity of enemies causing much leech to be wasted, as described on the wiki page for Leech, I can likely make a spreadsheet if anyone is interested.

Dropping Regen
Well duh, Vaal Pact :P

Power Charges
Got Skyforth, so easy power charge sustain, adding 18 - 21% additional crit chance, along with 24 - 28% spell damage.

CWDT
I feel that Firestorm CoH Warlords Mark will get me better coverage, and I had some links to spare, as I dropped AA, and creatively placed a few setups.

Hi, grats on the Skyforth. Looking forward to how this build version will work out.

VP is definitely an option. I'm just not sure if it's necessary at all. I can't really tell because I didn't test it yet.

I'm not so convinced by your cwdt setup. No IC, no AB, no FW. Hmmmm. Also I don't have any AoE problems with my WM.

Your current tree is very well done, I got almost no complaints :D

It's just that you definitely want to pick up the witch/templar jewel socket for one sp. And Method of Madness right opposite of VP. If you travel down there there's no way around picking it up!

I changed the lvl 100 tree a bit more. First off, you get max 122 points with the crit version because of the PC on merciless. You forgot to take Written in Blood. I don't think Growth and Decay is worth it without the regen. Void Barrier and Entropy are also meh. As I explained somewhere before already, you should not emphasize on DoT, rather on direct hit damage since the DoT indirectly profits from that too! If you really want more DoT damage you can consider travelling to Fatal Toxins.

My take on the Skyforth variant skill tree:

Oh, and you should use Void Manipulation instead of Increased Critical Damage.

My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Last edited by Legasi on Jan 18, 2016, 6:01:37 AM
I lol'd so hard about the 'Yolo energyshield based' :'D

I love it!
You're totaly right about this, its really at your own risk.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
"
Legasi wrote:
-snip-

Thanks for the input, I do see that I've made a bunch of kinda iffy decisions now, should have done far more math. I really love this build, I may do a bunch of math and min-max like crazy.

I'm actually really disappointed with my tree, it gives me the "innefficient" vibe I'm not a fan of, especially the shadow region. I'll see what I can do.
"
PhysoniumI wrote:
-snipsnap-

Whoa no need to get depressed, your tree isn't that bad :D

Did you see my skill tree proposals I posted or did you mentally snip those off too? :P

Oh and to make you feel better, I only just realized that the elemental damage part on VM is reduced not less. It's super strong actually. I had to correct my setup and relevant guide sections. It's the 3rd most important support gem now. That might have been the reason you didn't notice the change.

And yes, this is definitely a build where you can calculate and minmax a ton. Especially the 6th support gem. Still not sure if AM or PM is better as a second curse, gotta do some more Math of Exile... I think it depends on one's individual stats tho.

On a sidenote, added detailed leveling progression.
Oh boy! I did some of your Math of Exile and I nearly died!

Life leech analysis is DONE! <- nope.avi, I can't do math. Long way to go to actually get useful results. All the current numbers are in weird units, ie leech / leech duration, etc.

Edit two million: It's even more wrong than I thought. Just know something that'll be applicable to firestorm is in the works >.>

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1weASLrWTqbhRN44HIaHEmbVocPoSgwWPKphpaCQFYmM/edit#gid=0

Also, I saw all of your considerations and took them to heart. Will adjust accordingly when I feel ready to spend a bunch of regrets :L
Last edited by PhysoniumI on Jan 18, 2016, 6:51:03 PM

I respec'ed my lvl 87 witch into your build this morning to try it out.

She is running very well so far, the only change I made to your build was to put Vaal Summon Skellies in my boots.

Apart from that, pretty much a copy of your original.

She kills very well, a little slower compared to some other builds that I've tested recently, but very reliable, so far.

I'm enjoying it.

Thanks,

R.

Confirmed Atziri killer.

Handled her quite easily, just stayed away and spammed conc.aoe fireballs from the edge of the screen onto her head. :)

Two portals left as I died at the trio through lag twice, and the game dropped out once completely as I was playing.

[Hot day here, and the air-con wasn't working.]

Got the screenshot of the dead queen.

Excellent build, one of the best, imo.

R.

Hey there

I am playing a quite similar build to yours but i took VP, dual curse blasphemy and noncrit.
Here is the tree (lvl80):
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAA-4HHg18DkgOXA-rEQ8RLxFQEZYV1xa_GGoZihqPGyUdTx2-H8ckiyj6KjgrCit4LJwsvy0fLYszhzW5Ow09X0V-SRNJUUmxS65Ms1JTUq9WY1fJWAdcQFxrXIpd8l9qZ_xq-m0ZdZ52gngvfOV_xoLHhEiGrofLieCP-pMfkyeVIJUul_SboaEvoqOnK6ebrJi0DLTRtUi7Tb6KwfPDOsNtyAzK088V0B_Q0NfP2VvdX9-K5ljpAuq662PsGO-I7-vw1fba99f5N_sJ?accountName=Sh1ft0r&characterName=Myonlystarr

The rest of the points will go to Heart of flame, Snowforged and Fire walker clusters.

I have done this build before as scion crit based but i think the noncrit version is superior because of the Controlled destruction gem.
In my opinion the gem is insanely OP, saving you lots of passive points and skyrocketing your DPS for only one gem slot.
For me Enfeeble Blasphemy provides huge survivability; warlords mark sustain and endurance charges.

Also, i can recommend vessel of vinctar (lightning spell dmg version). Since it is fixed it is basically free 50% dmg from shocks and insane leech.
If you haven't, i can definitely recommend to try it out.

I was wondering how you manage to survive the reflect from the dual striker of the vaal trio? I used to one shot myself offscreen -.-
Yo! I did end up going with this build. Done minus max res twin wasteland, minus max res courtyard, tons of deathless atziris. Build is solid. I tried uber and failed at the vaals mostly cause of bad play and not being prepared enough (no chayula, bad flasks). Improved the cast speed a bit with some jewels (so as to not stay in the same place for too long with spell echo). One thing that I've been thinking about though, is the crit really necessary? Wouldn't non-crit give us more deeps? Would appreciate some feedback on this!
"
Rayzabladez wrote:

Confirmed Atziri killer.

Handled her quite easily, just stayed away and spammed conc.aoe fireballs from the edge of the screen onto her head. :)

Two portals left as I died at the trio through lag twice, and the game dropped out once completely as I was playing.

[Hot day here, and the air-con wasn't working.]

Got the screenshot of the dead queen.

Excellent build, one of the best, imo.

R.

Yo, glad you like it. Did you prestack storms during the Atziri fight as I explained in the guide? There should not be any need to offscreen.

"
Sh1ft0r wrote:
Hey there

I am playing a quite similar build to yours but i took VP, dual curse blasphemy and noncrit.
Here is the tree (lvl80):
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAA-4HHg18DkgOXA-rEQ8RLxFQEZYV1xa_GGoZihqPGyUdTx2-H8ckiyj6KjgrCit4LJwsvy0fLYszhzW5Ow09X0V-SRNJUUmxS65Ms1JTUq9WY1fJWAdcQFxrXIpd8l9qZ_xq-m0ZdZ52gngvfOV_xoLHhEiGrofLieCP-pMfkyeVIJUul_SboaEvoqOnK6ebrJi0DLTRtUi7Tb6KwfPDOsNtyAzK088V0B_Q0NfP2VvdX9-K5ljpAuq662PsGO-I7-vw1fba99f5N_sJ?accountName=Sh1ft0r&characterName=Myonlystarr

The rest of the points will go to Heart of flame, Snowforged and Fire walker clusters.

I have done this build before as scion crit based but i think the noncrit version is superior because of the Controlled destruction gem.
In my opinion the gem is insanely OP, saving you lots of passive points and skyrocketing your DPS for only one gem slot.
For me Enfeeble Blasphemy provides huge survivability; warlords mark sustain and endurance charges.

Also, i can recommend vessel of vinctar (lightning spell dmg version). Since it is fixed it is basically free 50% dmg from shocks and insane leech.
If you haven't, i can definitely recommend to try it out.

I was wondering how you manage to survive the reflect from the dual striker of the vaal trio? I used to one shot myself offscreen -.-

Your tree looks almost solid: Just four small tips: The witch's starting damage node has very good value (16% spell dmg for 1 sp).
Arcane Vision is for low life builds. Since you're always at 1/1 life aka 100% with CI, you're always at max light radius. Connect on the bottom route between witch and shadow like I did. You can spend the points you gained into grabbing Trickery via Elemental Focus instead of Snowforged.
Entropy is meh.
Oh and if you're picking up Charisma you should get Influence too.

CD is good but Crit is better imo. As already explained not going crit would waste 250% global crit chance we get for free from our gear! I just put 11 points into crit nodes. No extra travelling done to get them. I'm pretty sure the dps gain would be lower if I put those 11 points into just spell damage. I feel getting multiple small sources of damage that are multiplicative to each other is better than getting one large chunk of additive damage. I might be totally wrong tho xD. Onehit critting a pack in a high lvl map on 6 man health is just too satisfying to to give up imo. Also, Surgeon Flasks, duh.

Wait what? You're using Discipline and Blasphemy? You're permanently on low mana like this, just saying... My original plan was Disc + Blas WM, but - surprise surprise - they nerfed it last minute. So I decided to trigger WM via cwdt and use AA instead.

Vessel of Vinktar seems op af, I just didn't get my hands on one yet! Giving up two flasks slots for it might be problematic tho (grounding required).

As for the Atziri Trio, just kill them in the correct order as described in the guide: Spike Lady - Dual Striker - Cyclone Guy. As long as DS isn't the last one his thorns are no problem (it's not reflect!). Also no offscreening required. Read the Atziri guide...
IF the dual striker is last you got a problem indeed. I once wanted to show off the build to someone doing an Atziri run, and the Cycloner basically accidentally died immediately after the Spike Lady. Ripped myself twice to the fire thorns even with flasks up... Goodbye 20% xp.

#Vorführeffekt ftw

"
Kufios wrote:
Yo! I did end up going with this build. Done minus max res twin wasteland, minus max res courtyard, tons of deathless atziris. Build is solid. I tried uber and failed at the vaals mostly cause of bad play and not being prepared enough (no chayula, bad flasks). Improved the cast speed a bit with some jewels (so as to not stay in the same place for too long with spell echo). One thing that I've been thinking about though, is the crit really necessary? Wouldn't non-crit give us more deeps? Would appreciate some feedback on this!

Lol that sounds exactly like my first Uber attempt xD I didn't even think about bringing a Saphire flask and stuff. And I switched in Frost wall instead of conc effect. Epic fail...

You can use Faster Casting instead of Echo for Alluring Abyss boss fights. This reduced your
'lockdown' time by half!

See above for crit reasoning.

Last edited by Legasi on Jan 20, 2016, 10:31:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info