[3.0] Legasi's Masterpiece - Trivialize Bossfights! Shaper Deathless! Boss Guides inside! HC

Which jewels are you recommending?
"
WolfeDude wrote:
Which jewels are you recommending?

Energy from Within goes in the jewel socket between witch and templar. Some people commented they're using Eldritch Knowledge. I'm personally not really convinced it is worth it. On rare jewels chaos damage, area damage and damage are especially valuable because of double dips. Es, spell damage, fire damage are also nice. Cast speed, stats, resists are also fine if you need them.
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
"
@mapref can you show your gear + gems you do uber with?

Sure, my main gear is:

For boss fights in alluring switch off the amulet for

Flasks and strategy for each boss:
Vessels:

To kill the vessels you just pre-stacks firestorms and totem like you would in Apex except you do not use promise right away. This insures that you will have it up if you get in a dangerous situation and that you dont drop the one of them too low. Be patient in the fight and dont try to blast one down till you have the other within killing range of Vaal Discipline (if you haven't used it already). Pre-stack firestorms on the snakes/mobs they spit out and keep moving. Offscreeen them if you get too low to regen ES.

If you have enough stats without one of your rings you can also drop on dream fragments and switch to double Atziri's Promise for an even easier fight.

Trio:

You should have two bleed quicksilvers but I honestly don't even find it necessary and haven't rolled a second one yet so I just use the ruby.

Pre-stack some firestorm traps for a bit of extra damage and drop everything on Alira. This fight is basically the same as Apex for this build and pretty darned easy. Just kite the last guy down and try to keep wither stacks on him.

Atziri:

With legacy Surgeon's flasks this fight would be a complete joke, but you will need a bit of luck with flask re-filling to do this deathless I find. I usually die once when my flasks are gone and then can easily finish it. You can bring a shock ruby flask instead of a bleed as well. Just keep moving and don't get greedy with trying to nuke her down.

The only difference in gems between mine and Legasi's is I don't use AA and instead run Bladevortex-CWDT-PCoC.

As far as passive differences, I dropped Heart of the Flame wheel and took the starting spell dmg node for witches, a jewel socket for a 43% dmg jewel, and the quick recovery tree which I did not initially use. I have two Energy From Within's by quick recovery and the other by melding.
Last edited by MapRef41N93W on Jan 5, 2016, 5:14:36 PM
Great thread man! Convinced me to try it out!...

Anyways my main question is, with running AA+Disc+Clarity~~

Wouldnt that make your mana low, making you take 100% increased Spell DMG?

Doesnt this cause problems towards Ele mobs? I could be wrong, but I play HC and prefer not to get 1 shot ;p

Thanks again for the great guide!
"
GunCrazy420 wrote:

Doesnt this cause problems towards Ele mobs? I could be wrong, but I play HC and prefer not to get 1 shot ;p

I am not running Claririty at all. Why does everyone think I'm running Clarity?! Kinda confused here...
WM and mana pot make sure you stay on 'high' mana. Even IF you ocassionally run low on a less regen map for example, a double damage Evangelist rune or whatever still won't kill you through all the mitigation.

If you really want to run Clarity, leave out AA like MapRef did.

The closest thing to being oneshot happened to me in Sarn Arena against a full mirrored Ranger yesterday. Couldn't get EC and Fort up (obviously) and he basically twoshot me with 100% converted LA. Took 5ish hits to get me down with Rumi+Jade up. Nevertheless I managed to kill him a couple times. He was imressed by my tankiness and damage :)

In regular PvE I barely drop below 75% es.
"
Legasi wrote:
"
GunCrazy420 wrote:

I am not running Claririty at all. Why does everyone think I'm running Clarity?! Kinda confused here...
WM and mana pot make sure you stay on 'high' mana. Even IF you ocassionally run low on a less regen map for example, a double damage Evangelist rune or whatever still won't kill you through all the mitigation.

If you really want to run Clarity, leave out AA like MapRef did.

The closest thing to being oneshot happened to me in Sarn Arena against a full mirrored Ranger yesterday. Couldn't get EC and Fort up (obviously) and he basically twoshot me with 100% converted LA. Took 5ish hits to get me down with Rumi+Jade up. Nevertheless I managed to kill him a couple times. He was imressed by my tankiness and damage :)

In regular PvE I barely drop below 75% es.

Ohhh I figured you did because you had Disc>AA>Clarity>Enlighten in your boots.
What about
those two items, wouldn`t they fit in well in this build? Got ofc some Es missing of the helmet.
"
GunCrazy420 wrote:
Ohhh I figured you did because you had Disc>AA>Clarity>Enlighten in your boots.

Ah, I see. That's just remaining from the 'experimental phase'. First thought was to turn it on for less regen maps or bossfights that don't deal any phys/fire damage instead of AA, but I never used it. Keeping a boss chilled is still better imo. Decided to level it to 20, now I'm using Flame Dash in that spot.
I was kinda perplexed because I didn't mention it in the setup explanation.

"
Lost_Legend wrote:
What about
those two items, wouldn`t they fit in well in this build? Got ofc some Es missing of the helmet.

Well, Doryani' Invitation is ok if you don't have anything better, you just have to keep in mind that the last two mods don't do anything since we're not dealing any fire damage.

Hrimwagarbl whatever is... just no. Even a helmet with just 250 es on it will give you 1k actual es. You certainly don't wanna miss out on that.
Also let me say it again: There is no need to boost this build's damage with unique items. The damage is already insane. I doesn't really matter if an Atziri phase takes 1 sec or 0.9 sec...

If you absolutely have no es gear at all feel free to use it until you find/buy something better...
Last edited by Legasi on Jan 6, 2016, 2:16:14 PM
No pain attunement?

Edit - I am assuming that CI triggers a low life status, but probably wrong on that - never played a CI build...
Last edited by Reuel21 on Jan 6, 2016, 4:12:10 PM
"
Reuel21 wrote:
No pain attunement?

Edit - I am assuming that CI triggers a low life status, but probably wrong on that - never played a CI build...

Yes, you got it right. Since you always have 1/1 life; you have 100% of it. 'Low life' (and mana) is below 35%. It's the other way round: With CI you are always on 'full life' (not that it matters for this build).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info