[3.0] Legasi's Masterpiece - Trivialize Bossfights! Shaper Deathless! Boss Guides inside! HC

Stone golem for more regen? Although idk if we need more def with the oculist nodes..

Really looking forward to your update! Also, thanks for the help yesterday (especially the enchants). You rock
Guys i need some help about damage conversion.

1)If i grab some fire damage it increases damage of firestorm and its converted to chaos so it increases damage of poison too?

2)If i go with 2xConsuming Dark Daggers and have 150% Fire to Chaos conversion will this mean that my damage will be converted with a 1,5x Multiplier to Chaos?

3)What do u think is the best setup for non crit Chaos-Firestorm?

"
ytz wrote:
Stone golem for more regen? Although idk if we need more def with the oculist nodes..

Really looking forward to your update! Also, thanks for the help yesterday (especially the enchants). You rock

Flat regen is better if you have a smaller pool. The opposite is the case for this build. Fire golem stays in favour for me.

"
Guys i need some help about damage conversion.

1)If i grab some fire damage it increases damage of firestorm and its converted to chaos so it increases damage of poison too?

2)If i go with 2xConsuming Dark Daggers and have 150% Fire to Chaos conversion will this mean that my damage will be converted with a 1,5x Multiplier to Chaos?

3)What do u think is the best setup for non crit Chaos-Firestorm?

1) Yes, it indirectly increases the damage of the resulting poison. However it does *not* double dip like chaos damage does (stronger hit -> stronger poison, kinda obvious).

2) It's capped at 100%. You will not get any 'free' extra damage. Keep in mind that Infernal Mantle already converts the remaining 25% to chaos.

3) FS - Echo - VM - IncAoE/Conc - IncDur - CD
For the current game version.
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Last edited by Legasi on Feb 25, 2016, 3:59:35 PM
Yo bros!

Anyone in the mood for some theorycrafting?

Edit: Consuming Dark nerfed to 50% conversion!! This is gonna be interesting...
Last edited by Legasi on Feb 26, 2016, 5:40:10 PM
Because of that "rumor" this build just skyrocketed in equipment price :)
Nonetheless I really enjoy it!
I think the poeskillbuilder has been updated with 2.2 tree
https://github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases/tag/2.2.4

... Just in case you want to have a stab at a first 2.2 update
2.2 Theorycraft Section

Yo loyal readers, I used my brain a bit and would like to hear your oppinions!

But first off, thanks everyone who helped me create this build guide by submitting videos, writing leveling guides, spreadsheets, Uber guides, and engaged in discussions and whatnot! Writing this was worth it already only because of the many awesome friends I made. Thanks everyone :)

Okay, let's get started:

As ytz pointed out, we got the 2.2 Tree! Woo! There are almost no tree changes at all, and none that affect the current version of the build! Woo?

BUT

Stuff that does affect this build are the Consuming Dark nerf, the Occultist subclass <3 and an interesting new keystone called Elemental Overload.

Other things I brainstormed about is Zealots Oath vs Vaal Pact. Both versions are very nice and have distinct pros and cons (overall tankyness vs 'burst' tankyness).
What settled this problem for me is the Vessel of Vinktar Flask. It gives you instant leech (mana included!) alongside other insane boni even if you specced ZO. Granted, these are not easy to come by. Since this build is very cheap to begin with a VoV is a very nice goal to work towards, isn't it? Imo everyone who played VP so far should switch to ZO in 2.2. But that's still up to you.

About the Consuming Dark nerf (now only converts 50% to chaos): This sucks, but I feel it was neccessary. It won't affect the build's dps much, since we're getting a shitton of extra dmg from Occultist and hopefully a Wither fix (?).
The bigger problem that emerges here is elemental reflect. As a consequence I avoided taking nodes that increase ele/fire damage as much as possible. Options we have: Counter it using flasks (antishock Ruby + Atziri's Promise + Vessel of Vinktar should totally cancel out any reflect damage) or dual wield CD, which would hit our es pool really hard. Maybe have dual CD in offhand and switch on meeting a ref mob? Ideas?

Die Quahl der Wahl (ger, translates to 'the torture of choice') at the Occultist. After Vile Bastion being nerfed I find the defensive route way less appealing. My favour goes totally to the offensive twopointer now. Extra damage, extra damage, extra damage and extra curse? Hell yeah!

Now for the actual skilltrees (please open those using the offline skilltree tool, else I can't promise they won't show bullshit):

Zealot's Oath version This is exaclty the old 'regular' tree.

Vaal Pact version

These are both crit version, but not using Power Charges. The 6th Ascendancy point goes into Wicked Ward. DpS Warriors can also take Void Bacon, but I am personally not a fan of hugging strong bosses where only there it will make a difference at all. Radius is about half a screen btw.

If we put the last Ascendacy point into Forbidden Power we'll be able to actually get up to 8 Power charges for free! Sounds awesome! Downside: This takes a lot of skillpoints.

Power Charge Zealot's Oath version

Power Charge Vaal Pact version This is the old Skyforth version.

But wait, what is that new keystone at the witch? It's Elemental Overload: 40% more elemental damage for 8 seconds on crit; no critmulti. That's insanely strong. Especially with Firestorm where critting occasionally even without any crit allocated is easy peasy. And it synergises very well with Controlled Destruction. Keep in mind that CD won't reduce the critchance below basecrit, that means we can't go below 5% crit even with CD linked to FS.
And it's only two points away. And we do not need to invest in crit, freeing up a ton of skillpoints. What to do with those? Extra curse of course! Tricurse, 12% more direct hit damage from Malediction. Will this outdps the crit or ever PC versions? No idea. Personal ranking of curses: WM, TC, Enf/PM (PM requires high dex). How to fit in the extra curse(s)? No idea xD.

Elemetal Overlord Zealot's Oath Extra Curse version

Elemental Overload Vaal Pact Extra Curse

Alternative way of pathing for the above versions: Link

Alternative 2 with mana: Link

Okay that's it for now from my side. Which one would you pick? Why? Why not? Which one(s) should be included in a 2.2 guide? Got any further ideas, oppinions, critique? Let me know!

Cheers, Legasi
Last edited by Legasi on Feb 29, 2016, 11:27:07 AM
Do we know if Consuming Dark will become legacy or all existing daggers will be reduced to 50%?

My honest view is that even with 50% its not worth to drop the shield slot for a second CD.
Well the build seems powerful enough to be very very good in 2.2 even with the changes.
Moar theorycraft!

Bleeding Earth Slayer

After thinking a bit more about this I got another idea:

The Curse Overlord

Noncrit, but runs 3 curses with +40% effectiveness and +140% duration. With lvl 5 WM and lvl 20 TC and Enf it will be impossible to actually die.

This is my favourite version so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info