[3.0] Legasi's Masterpiece - Trivialize Bossfights! Shaper Deathless! Boss Guides inside! HC

Okay first off, you have to be very precise with the wording in this game. Malediction gives you *extra* damage, it doesn't convert. Extra is multiplicative, it's more damage. If you don't understand the difference beween additive and multiplicative damage yet, read up on it! The Wiki is your best friend for the first year playing this game! ;)

Same goes for you, Phys. It's more damage, not increased. 40% more damage would be 10 curses, that's a bit unreasonable, isn't it? Even playing solo you can easily get 8-12% more damage on top of crippling the enemy through multiple curses, which is already awesome.

Void Bacon sounds tasty, but after thinking about it for a while it's not as strong as other options. Sure, on first look -20% chaos res sounds insane, but you have to keep in mind that it's radius is only about half a sceen. It doesn't make a difference for trash mobs, and you definitely do not want to hug the strongest bosses, where it actually would make a difference.

And who cares for summoners? You should not team up with those in the first place. And if they want corpses, they can still desecrate :P

Btw, Profane Bloom is an enemy sided increased calculation, it will effectively give us more damage too (as long there are no other sources of enemy sided inc damage like shock or Wither (which isn't working for direct damage at the moment anyways)).

As already explained, Forbidden Power is must have for non Skyforth users.

Since I advertised this as a tank build, the defensive route would make the most sense. Do we really need more damage?

My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Thks, i get it, there was the same distinction in damage addition in D3 where I can from.

You're talking about power charge and there are 2 trees in your post (with/without) but I'm not sure I've seen somewhere the pros & cons of going either way (and can't check trees on my cell..). Power charges would basically give you more damage but what are u sacrificing for it ?

Also, you're manually casting Arctic armor? Would double cwdt with WM and AM on a 3L and IC Arctic breath and Arctic armor on a 4L work? You then run discipline-enlighten, vaal discipline and fire golem (or ID) on the remaining 4L.
Last edited by ytz on Feb 23, 2016, 2:20:06 PM
"
ytz wrote:
Thks, i get it, there was the same distinction in damage addition in D3 where I can from.

You're talking about power charge and there are 2 trees in your post (with/without) but I'm not sure I've seen somewhere the pros & cons of going either way (and can't check trees on my cell..). Power charges would basically give you more damage but what are u sacrificing for it ?

Also, you're manually casting Arctic armor? Would double cwdt with WM and AM on a 3L and IC Arctic breath and Arctic armor on a 4L work? You then run discipline-enlighten, vaal discipline and fire golem (or ID) on the remaining 4L.

Mana, es, and you need more skillpoints. Pretty sure after Ascendancy hits there will only be the PC version tho. But trying to predict it at this point is pretty much useless. First I need to see the new skilltree, and then I'll have to theorycraft and test some options.

AA is a mana reserving buff that stays on. That's why it's linked to Enlighten too. The reason WM is on a lvl 1 cwdt is that it doesn't gain more leech as it levels up, so we get the constant leech asap. I strongy recommend TC as second curse linked to a high lvl cwdt, as seen on my tali char, especially for HC.
Last edited by Legasi on Feb 23, 2016, 3:36:23 PM
Wiki says it's a temporary buff that's why I got confused. Clear now, thx.

TC is temporal chain? I'll make sure to try that too. Low lvl cwdt would be WM and IC and high level would be TC Arctic breath ?
You didn't read what I said Legasi :P I assumed that the buff stacks, based on it's wording.

"When you Kill and Enemy, for each Curse on that Enemy, gain 4% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage for 4 seconds"

It can't be referring to a DPS increase on a SINGLE enemy, as how would it pick which one to put the debuff on?

Thus, I assume that the buff to the player stacks. 2 curses (normal with Malediction) * 20 mobs (a smallish pack) = 160% more

In my opinion, Forbidden Power is not worth it unless you invest in power charges. With 4 power charges, you get 200% spellcrit, while you could be gaining a LOT of survivability which is always welcome, especially with starter gear early in a league.

Uh, an interesting note is I just checked my conc + AP tooltip, at 10468 :) 10k hype, reasonably competitive damage to trap variants, especially with a 20/15 conc and a 20/20 firestorm. Only "good" gem is my 21/20 echo :P
Last edited by PhysoniumI on Feb 24, 2016, 12:16:06 AM
That would be way too broken.

Pretty sure it works like this: Kill an enemy with two curses -> Gain 8% extra chaos damage for 4 seconds. Killing again refreshes the duration.

Dude just look at the setup in my talisman gear, that's why I added it...
"
Legasi wrote:
Dude just look at the setup in my talisman gear, that's why I added it...

I would but your "tali sc" gear shows cwdt with artctic armor and PM.. No TC there

Sorry if I'm missing out on something and thanks again for the explanations!
Oh right, that was still the PM setup, but the principle is the same for tc.

Last edited by Legasi on Feb 24, 2016, 12:58:31 PM
And now one more...more multiplyer. Elmental Focus. It has literally no downside for this Build. :D

Gemsetp would be: FS - inc dur - Echo - Void Man - Conc/AOE - Ele Focus (no downside from Controlled Dest anymore, yay more crit)

Any thoughts about this?

edit: forgot Inc Dura.. lol
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Last edited by eviL_Bison on Feb 25, 2016, 2:53:13 AM
Yeah thought the same. Reworked Increased Critical Strikes Gem might be nice too. So my options...

Edit: Dafaq did I type there? I meant: So many options.
Last edited by Legasi on Feb 25, 2016, 3:51:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info