[IN DEPTH] 2.2 Crit LA/Blastrain Voltaxic - Hardcore/SC Viable

"
Papasmurf7 wrote:
So I'm not sure if I'm derping or not but... i cant figure out how to build endurance charges. Playing the build and love it but i guess i cant see where they are coming from. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Daresso's Defiance armor will give you endurance charge on kill.

It is a rather cheap armor for a non 5link or 6 link and you don't need one to use blast rain. Even a 5 link in THC is around 1-2ex pretty cheap though a 4 link works fine.

Other wise you would want to use an enduring cry gem.
mb i'm a lame... but i have a question - what builds frenzy charges in this build?
So my question is this, you seem to value flat lightning damage over increased elemental damage with weapons on jewellery and your quiver and I cant figure out why. Whenever Im comparing a piece of gear with flat lightning or wed the wed piece always seems to give me much higher tooltip dps. So why is it that you value flat lightning damage so much?

"
erasera666 wrote:
mb i'm a lame... but i have a question - what builds frenzy charges in this build?

Blood Rage. And you should use Frenzy.
"
nemahsys wrote:
So my question is this, you seem to value flat lightning damage over increased elemental damage with weapons on jewellery and your quiver and I cant figure out why. Whenever Im comparing a piece of gear with flat lightning or wed the wed piece always seems to give me much higher tooltip dps. So why is it that you value flat lightning damage so much?

He already answered this.

Weapon Elemental Damage - this can be found on your rings, amulets, belt, and quiver. The only slot's I really look for this on are belt and quiver. We scale a lot of WED with our gem and in the passive tree so additions to this aren't as potent on gear as other stats.
hi, i found an pretty nice amulet

is this something for an voltaxic build?
686 tooltip dps at level 54 ;(

PS is there some way i can get more dps? (i'm playing on softcore)
Last edited by Anavels on Feb 10, 2016, 3:54:14 PM
Thanks for the guide helped a lot with my first ranger. Didn't do the voltaxic just cause I am trying out a MF build around windripper but would have loved trying it out. Stole almost the whole passive tree and most of the gems and links though. Still very good dps not as good as voltaxic but that is the cost of getting the quantity and rarity boosts. Still having HP problems because had to take the DPS nodes early, and grabbed a early lightning coil to deal with lack of defense against physical so had to compensate rares towards resist and sacrifice some high life rolls for the time being. But finally at a point where i can start picking up HP nodes again and doing maps so hopefully will find some better gear, if not luck out and finally have someone actually be on poe.trade with the gear i need. Anyway thanks again for all the help and if you are still leveling up a new character let me know if you need hand with boss kills or way points, the least i could do for all the insight.
Great build right now! Gameplay before 64 was a bit janky but it worked out in the end! Cruising through the 60-70s.
gear

Gear was actually cheaper than expected; voltaxic 5L was 1.5ex, daresso's 5L was 60c, other items together were from my previous character or self found, probably less than an ex combined

Not sure if I like poison that much. Should I try out void manipulation?

Haven't put up my CWDT setup yet.
I don't get it where's the 7th frenzy charge coming from? I only counted +3 maximum in the tree?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info