[IN DEPTH] 2.2 Crit LA/Blastrain Voltaxic - Hardcore/SC Viable

"
kmaldona wrote:
What stats are we looking for in a bow after we are done with storm cloud. Just elemental dps?

just a high dps bow in general. If you get a decent one with physical damage you can run Hatred instead of Wrath. Hybrid bows will be fine as well, but if you were already using a storm cloud then you were probably linking WED so you would prefer elemental bows, but its not super important leveling because youll gain elemental damage from hatred anyway. You could always just swap WED for Physical Projectile Damage too if you get a solid physical bow.
Hi, is it vialbale Uber atziri farming in standart talisman league? Thanks
"
CoLdAs wrote:
Hi, is it vialbale Uber atziri farming in standart talisman league? Thanks

yes, it's been done with variations of this build. will come down to how well you play it, but Voltaxics can generally beat Atziri. Since you mention standard it's even easier: you might die in some of the bossfights and use up all portals but hey, it's not hardcore so who cares.
Yo, so I just wanted to throw my input in on this build as I reached level 87 on THC before deciding I've played enough of this mediocre league and stopped. As of right now (providing GGG don't heavily nerf/buff stuff), I will probably replay this build again for the new Ascendancy league as the Ranger classes look interesting (Onslaught on kill, more evasion for stuff) so to me it may seem it'll be even safer?

Anyway, so I finished at 5k HP which to me feels kinda low, however I did focus on 3 damage jewels that had no life and some of my gear had like master crafted life, so I guess with less damage orientated gear it would be 5.5k+. Also I did try on a Kaoms so it would be nearer 7k in that case. However you would have to drop the immortal call set-up I guess. IC vs bunch of extra life is a trade-off to consider and I would probably prefer Kaoms.

Overall very nice build, I did make some changes with the leech on tree because I don't think you need the mana leech and only the 0.4% in the duelist should be enough. Clear speeds are very good, and more or less needs one cast to clear any type of pack. In all honesty I believe I only came close to dying once and that was because I didn't use my Vaal Grace correctly so that's more player error there.

Anyway I'll post my gear here I suppose

Gear

Actually just calculating it quickly, I make it that with better life rolls on gear I could easily push another 300 HP.

Edit: Just a note that my gear puts me overcapped on ele weakness too. I know that probably some people focus on just being capped normally than being overcapped.
Last edited by liamwpk on Jan 4, 2016, 4:03:26 PM
So I realise I'm going to likely come off as rude for saying this, but your build is terribly inefficient. Personal preferences (ie phase acro and number of mana leech nodes) aside, arcing blows is actually a terrible waste comparative to other possible routes. For example, the 2 points it takes to get to arcing blows, then the 3 points used, equates to 50% lightning damage and 20 int. When you could simply spend 4 points in method to the madness, by vaal pact, and get a total of 54% chaos damage, 12 chaos resist, and have 1 point leftover to put into a 30 int node. Chaos damage is exactly the same as lightning damage when using Voltaxic.

However, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share your build. Where I excel at making things efficient, I'm terribly lacking in the creativity department, so it's always great to see what other people like to use.
"
Dunestrider wrote:
So I realise I'm going to likely come off as rude for saying this, but your build is terribly inefficient. Personal preferences (ie phase acro and number of mana leech nodes) aside, arcing blows is actually a terrible waste comparative to other possible routes. For example, the 2 points it takes to get to arcing blows, then the 3 points used, equates to 50% lightning damage and 20 int. When you could simply spend 4 points in method to the madness, by vaal pact, and get a total of 54% chaos damage, 12 chaos resist, and have 1 point leftover to put into a 30 int node.
You're forgetting about the 20% life over in that area however which would be difficult to make up for.
"
liamwpk wrote:
You're forgetting about the 20% life over in that area however which would be difficult to make up for.

You're right, I wasn't looking at the level 100 tree as very few people make it that far, especially in a hardcore league. Looking at that tree, a lot of stuff makes more sense than the lvl 70-some tree. My mistake.
Level 74 in THC league. Enjoying the build. I tried specing out of Essence Sap and moving two of the points to Spirt Void. I have had 0 mana issues since then. A nice way to save one point.
So I'm not sure if I'm derping or not but... i cant figure out how to build endurance charges. Playing the build and love it but i guess i cant see where they are coming from. Any help would be appreciated thanks!
wts full stuff uber down 5 time

without gem, make serious offer,in game = coucoupoto

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info