(3.0) Best PIERCE LA + BaRrage Guide for Atlas of World (With Video)

Your advice for survivability that you had given me in the past helped out immensely. Now I just saw you tell a previous poster not to level certain gems. Can you tell me what gems not to max and at what level I should keep the low level ones? That is what is killing me now because I need certain attributes on rings, amulet, and belt, but I am stuck. Replacing these things is not possible because of high level gems in my gear. I am a 1st time player and I didn't even realize you needed to stop leveling certain gems.
Main thing is not to lvl up your CWDT+IC combo:
Cast When Damage taken - always 1 lvl
Immortal Call - always 1-3 lvl, but no more

Everything else:
Green gems - level up it freely, coz we have tons of DEX
Red and Blue - there is no unimportant gems, so keep it as max, as possible, but, it always depends on your stats with current tree progression.
This build gives us 84 STR and INT at full tree and at 20 lvl most hard of blue and red gems require 111 int or str. So, you need to have 27 extra str and int at your gear. This is not too hard, really.

------------

I have my own question to the OP: did you tried to use for Phys-to-Lightning gem? :)
With it, LA will be 100% lightning, or with Voltaxic 40% L + 60% C
Without it it is ~20% L + ~ 30% C + 50% P
Basically, we are loosing physical damage (but who cares? Build are not focused on it) and increasing in 2 times our Lightning and Chaos damage...
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Last edited by SilverWF on Oct 15, 2016, 9:40:13 AM
I have not tried that gem. I only have 5 link voltaxic and body armor.

probably, it would works well with high phys DPS bows, like Death's Opus, but not with Voltaxic...
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
"
SilverWF wrote:
Main thing is not to lvl up your CWDT+IC combo:
Cast When Damage taken - always 1 lvl
Immortal Call - always 1-3 lvl, but no more

Everything else:
Green gems - level up it freely, coz we have tons of DEX
Red and Blue - there is no unimportant gems, so keep it as max, as possible, but, it always depends on your stats with current tree progression.
This build gives us 84 STR and INT at full tree and at 20 lvl most hard of blue and red gems require 111 int or str. So, you need to have 27 extra str and int at your gear. This is not too hard, really.

------------

I have my own question to the OP: did you tried to use for Phys-to-Lightning gem? :)
With it, LA will be 100% lightning, or with Voltaxic 40% L + 60% C
Without it it is ~20% L + ~ 30% C + 50% P
Basically, we are loosing physical damage (but who cares? Build are not focused on it) and increasing in 2 times our Lightning and Chaos damage...

with voltaxic la is already 40%l + 60% c because this bow deals almost exclusively elemental damage (because volt build takes no flat physical gear//%physical nodes//jewels)

ptl works with high pdps harbinger//reach of the council with phys tree//jewels
Could someone help me out on a Pathfinder version of this?I've taken master alchemist for the inc. ele damage and chance to shock but im torn between going master surgeon or Veteran bowyer + poison(or maybe nature's adrenaline?)...Not sure if poison is worth it specifically.Also what flasks should one use apart from atziri's and vinktar?Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Scarmad on Oct 16, 2016, 2:11:26 PM
"
Scarmad wrote:
Could someone help me out on a Pathfinder version of this?I've taken master alchemist for the inc. ele damage and chance to shock but im torn between going master surgeon or Veteran bowyer + poison...Not sure if poison is worth it specifically.Also what flasks should one use apart from atziri's and vinktar?Thanks in advance!

Master Surgeon is a top ascendancy skill in the entire game atm. Why you asking even?
Poison is not worth too much without increasing duartion nodes.
Basically Poison - is 2 sec DOT, each tick hits for 8% of the physical+chaos hit, that inflicts poison. Stackable, with unlimited number of stacks. Before you get a booner, I'll repeat: 2 sec DOT, so only 2 ticks of each stack without any increased duration nodes.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Poison
Shit didn't realise surgeon was so important.So i guess its Master surgeon and alchemist then.Thanks alot man!
"
soilwork3r wrote:
with voltaxic la is already 40%l + 60% c because this bow deals almost exclusively elemental damage (because volt build takes no flat physical gear//%physical nodes//jewels)

ptl works with high pdps harbinger//reach of the council with phys tree//jewels

Yes, you are right. I've realised it before and confirmed after equipping my own Voltaxic. With Death's Opus (top stats) PtL gives me flat 30% DPS increase. With Voltaxic it's far from that...
Last edited by SilverWF on Oct 16, 2016, 9:37:55 PM
"
SilverWF wrote:
Blast Rain is Phys+Fire - it has absolutely NO profit from Voltaxic bow...
It must be something like that: http://poe.trade/search/atomaramkukoor
Or use Voltaxic with Phys-to-Lightning gem, so Blast Rain would deal ~20% Ligtning ~30% Chaos and 50% of Fire damage, I think

but dont have any phys attack what so ever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info