(3.0) Best PIERCE LA + BaRrage Guide for Atlas of World (With Video)

So i am kind of planning to play a similar variation of your build on HC. Some clarifications though if you can help me.

1) You have tried this with the nerfed Voltaxic right mate ? it still works fine ?

2) IMPORTANT: Why not go Chain from Deadeye, use a GG rare quiver and use a different gem than pierce ? something like slower projectiles (LA has no problem with that). Would you consider my variation better or worse ? In case it is worse is it viable ?

3) Is Arcing Blows cluster worth for voltaxic build ? I also went there to grab some more life that is up from there
"
Zorgilon wrote:
So i am kind of planning to play a similar variation of your build on HC. Some clarifications though if you can help me.

1) You have tried this with the nerfed Voltaxic right mate ? it still works fine ?

2) IMPORTANT: Why not go Chain from Deadeye, use a GG rare quiver and use a different gem than pierce ? something like slower projectiles (LA has no problem with that). Would you consider my variation better or worse ? In case it is worse is it viable ?

3) Is Arcing Blows cluster worth for voltaxic build ? I also went there to grab some more life that is up from there

1) its super fine with nerfed voltaxic - reflect is still not an issue, poison still op because of double dipping. its not godlike like it was, but still good in terms of dps//reflect handling.
only slightly changes are needed in tree (less focus on chaos damage) in comparison with standart voltaxic

2) its matter of preference - i use regular chain + raider (for mapping speed (ias//movespeed)) with gg quiver
still dps wise there is no need to change anything with la (packs are 1 shooted anyway beacuse of low chaos res) blast rain gems are biggest concern (to maximize dps vs hard bossess)

3)arcing blows is not that good it was ok for pure physical builds with ptl, with volt lighting is only 40% of damage so that penetration is not needed, and you can easily get high amounts of + weapon ele damage from gear (i got around 150%).
its better to get other damage nodes.

and last but not least dont do that build for hc, you will rip for sure. as it is in current meta if you want to play smooth hc u need es//tons of life especially with new content on high tier maps which can easily one shoot you
"
soilwork3r wrote:

and last but not least dont do that build for hc, you will rip for sure. as it is in current meta if you want to play smooth hc u need es//tons of life especially with new content on high tier maps which can easily one shoot you

Aint 5-6 k hp shooting from offscreen safer than the 10k ES with no pots going stupid BV melee ?
"
soilwork3r wrote:
"
Rho378 wrote:
"
LordRolix wrote:
Hello!

Thanks for sharing this build. So far i have been playing by your guide, and currently i'm level 87 farming to get 6l bow...

I have a question about, why you are using Herald of Ice and not Herald of Thunder? Is it because of INT requirements? With all this lightning damage i thought damage wise herald of thunder could benefit more? Or i miss something.

Also so far, dodge is a very dodgy build ehh. You can get hit in very moment you really dont want, and melee blows can really rip you apart if going in careless. Currently running Tier7-12 maps depending on which ones i drop. Haven't tried endgame lab yet, kinda only 4,2k health so far, things are getting really expensive at this point for upgrades.

Thanks and good luck.

herald of ice will give you more damage

again you are wrong in your own guide :p herald of ice damage is much lower because of 2 factors :
1 - damage added to attack is bigger with hot
2 - which is most important 20q hot gives 15% increased lighting damage (global increase - like in jewel) which is must have for any voltaxic.

only reason for going hoi is when you can get some ice damage outside of gem (like phys bow + hatred) and be able to freeze porcupine packs so they dont shoot back. but that can be countered with cwdt + ic.
so going hot is much better option now especially when u need 155 int for wrath anyway
only builds which benefit hoi are phys bow with hatred (because of the same reason - hoi gives 15% cold damage when 20%)

Thanks for clarifying that. i will see how herald of thunfer is with survivability

Intigrated it into the build now works perfectly fine with LA @ 87% crit chance. Finally able to spam LA now due to getting the mana back straight away. Another upside is the int on it allowed me to get better rings (double cript chance rings..) with high ele rolls and flat lighting damage. Also it makes respecing into the life node circle unnesseary really the 5,8k life with the old tree. Seems to me that just going for 7% life / 12% projectile / 16% lighting / 10% damage only problem is getting them so far managed to get 2 and each cost me 3 ex+;( but with 4 jewels that you get thats 28% life for way less points then that respect you did for life.. add the fact that each also gives a flat 38% damage there is no competition..
Nice build mate !

Got one question iv tryed a lot of different thing and i realise this

When i use this Link

Assassin mark / Curse ont hit suport / Herald of Ice / Blood Rage

Im constantly full power charge and frenzy charge, without using Frenzy spell

may be i understand wrong ur build but actualy i found this pretty imba

im playing HC so may be it's not realy safe

Thanks for nice build anyway
*COH + Assasins Mark + Wrath + HOIce

i dont know but i cant get this working :(

linked this but it doesnt autocast assassins mark on enemys?! both auras are running, i think LA should apply Assa mark with this combination?
"
gorillamuscle wrote:

linked this but it doesnt autocast assassins mark on enemys?! both auras are running, i think LA should apply Assa mark with this combination?

That should make it work, the only thing i could think of is are the level requirements for the gym the same? maybe it works just like of CODT gym where it only process when the level requirements of the gym link needs to be equal or lesser
"
Rho378 wrote:
"
gorillamuscle wrote:

That should make it work, the only thing i could think of is are the level requirements for the gym the same? maybe it works just like of CODT gym where it only process when the level requirements of the gym link needs to be equal or lesser

LOL

Ignorant.

Nice game knowledge. At least pretend you know why you use these gems.

LOL

@gorillamuscle: It's not going to autocast 100%, only when you shatter an enemy will HoI proc its explosion and then apply the curse.

So you need high Critical Chance to achieve this. Also will not work in Map Mods where Monsters cannot be affected by status ailments (even avoid ailment is sketch), since Shatter will not work there and thus HoI will never trigger.

Also keep in mind that Wrath does nothing for Curse on Hit.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Sep 23, 2016, 2:00:25 PM
"
"
Rho378 wrote:
"
gorillamuscle wrote:

LOL

Ignorant.

Nice game knowledge. At least pretend you know why you use these gems.

LOL

@gorillamuscle: It's not going to autocast 100%, only when you shatter an enemy will HoI proc its explosion and then apply the curse.

So you need high Critical Chance to achieve this. Also will not work in Map Mods where Monsters cannot be affected by status ailments (even avoid ailment is sketch), since Shatter will not work there and thus HoI will never trigger.

Also keep in mind that Wrath does nothing for Curse on Hit.

hangover answering this and just woke up, didnt really read his question correctly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info