0.9.5 Patch Notes

wow casters just keep gettin fucked, the only viable witch build was the crit and cast passives...
Spells still have great damage. You don't have to have every crit passive and an AoE that goes off the screen at 5 casts a second to kill stuff.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
Raelena wrote:
Ouch... witches got some pretty harsh hits from reading these over:

Nerfed AoE passives
Nerfed cast speed passives
Nerfed connection line to 6th class

Guess it's time to perhaps make some boosts towards the elemental nodes within the remote area around the witch? The 4% per node seems terribly low. Time to test it all out soon!

If you ask me, Frenzy / Split Arrow got the nerfbat.

Reduced the bonuses granted by Frenzy and Endurance charges.
Reduced Frenzy damage per charge.
Split Arrow mana costing increased based on number of arrows.

Not sure what else I would use. No boost to rain of arrows? Hope the boost to Explosive Arrow makes it viable. Can't wait to test it out though.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." A. Einstein
Beta Testers = Insane
Man, you guys don't mess around lol. Looks good and thanks. Happy Holidays to you and your team, I know you worked hard to get this out before Christmas. ;)
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
Spells still have great damage. You don't have to have every crit passive and an AoE that goes off the screen at 5 casts a second to kill stuff.

Somehow I think firestorm based witch build with +% fire damage and +% mana/mana regen passives will be very viable. Maybe even adding some minions into it for keeping the monsters at one spot while bombing from behind. Also looks safe for HC. Time will tell.
I've updated the patch notes with:
  • Rebalanced most of the mods on flasks around the new behavioural changes.
  • "Low Life" on Cautious flasks is now defined as 35% rather than 50%, to be consistent with other uses of the term.

"
kushstash wrote:
wow casters just keep gettin fucked, the only viable witch build was the crit and cast passives...

We still feel they're very powerful and are looking for ways to make it fairer.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
So, a significant AoE/Crit nerf and (probably) a minor cast time nerf. Yet +% mono-elemental damage nodes remain unchanged in their epic trashness, which was the actual problem in the first place?

To be fair, the Endurance/Frenzy nerfs will likely hit other classes fairly hard as well.

Shame the new supports didn't make into the initial release.

Great news on the legacy league, I was hoping that would happen, was losing will to play all of my old characters for some reason.

Also, are you sure Chaos Damage gem warranted another buff? It seems to be in a pretty solid state after the last one.
Last edited by konfeta on Dec 21, 2011, 9:29:21 PM
"
drewsbarr wrote:

If you ask me, Frenzy / Split Arrow got the nerfbat.

Reduced the bonuses granted by Frenzy and Endurance charges.
Reduced Frenzy damage per charge.
Split Arrow mana costing increased based on number of arrows.

Not sure what else I would use. No boost to rain of arrows? Hope the boost to Explosive Arrow makes it viable. Can't wait to test it out though.

idk, until i fired into a pack of phys reflect and killed my last lvl 59 ranger...i really felt the frenzy/split arrow build, with the right gear, was OP.

so my build got a lil nerf, and higher difficulties are harder?

bring...it...on.
~SotW HC Guild~

When discussing patch notes changes, remember that:

a) What happens to existing characters doesn't matter to us as long as it makes the game better for when it's released.
b) We haven't reached class parity yet, so some classes are going to keep getting weakened until it's fair.
c) The end-game is meant to be really hard and to kill players efficiently.

These may sound harsh, but the purpose of the beta is to quickly converge on a finished product that is challenging in the right places.

We do note that sometimes the same people say "game is too easy" then later say "hey, you nerfed my character!" ;)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:

c) The end-game is meant to be really hard and to kill players efficiently.

that's the stuff I want to hear!
~SotW HC Guild~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info