0.9.5 Patch Notes

"
scorpitron wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

c) The end-game is meant to be really hard and to kill players efficiently.

that's the stuff I want to hear!

Puts an all new perspective on build-theory doesn't it lol?

Balance is a difficult thing to achieve in games like this, I'm glad I'm not the one making the decisions on what to nerf and what to buff lol.
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
Sounds more than fair to me.
I look forward to release.
"
We do note that sometimes the same people say "game is too easy" then later say "hey, you nerfed my character!" ;)

The witch situation is less "awe witch sucks now" and more "one of the only two interesting caster builds got nerfed instead of the int tree redesigned proper."

All of the essentials are still in the same place. All of the alternatives are still useless (maybe mana regen passives are worth taking now, but still).

That is the problem.
Last edited by konfeta on Dec 21, 2011, 10:13:24 PM
"
Disabled the Punishment skill gem from being found until we have it working properly.

This one peaks my interest.

I really, really hope this gets fixed, would be fun if it was working properly. The fact that they're working on it is a good sign.
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
Really love the ranger and difficulty changes, Frenzy was completely retarded. A+ patch.
IGN: dedunmamma
So, question, what are the exact changes for higher difficulties?

And how exactly does the quest reward based respec work?

Also, forgot to mention, thank you for finally changing firestorm! Now I can enjoy the Witch I wanted to play since it was revealed proper!
Last edited by konfeta on Dec 21, 2011, 10:51:07 PM
Chris, I believe the issue with witches is that passives wise we have few defining investments.

1) Perhaps with mana regen nodes getting buffed they will provide some use with the upcoming flask changes and make them desirable! This would be a start - however:

a)Energy shield passives are still low. That aside, the second issue with energy shield is that it acts as nothing more than a 0 armor HP buffer with no means to restore it. Armor is still flat better most times.

b)Single elemental nodes are too small boosters. I'd rather you condense some of these and provide a bit larger effect to them. Since it's only boosting a single element, you are in effect taking a more specialized approach.

c)Wand nodes still provide nothing useful aside from a person who wants to try an off the wall wand build. If these provided some tangible benefit, People might use them (eg. When a wand is equipped, increase spell damage by an additional X percent, or increase X element damage by X percent)

d)By cutting off routes to where a witch CAN go, it's pigeonholing possibilities on the tree. It's going to mean probably more dead end routes.

I understand the reasoning with the changes. I'll gladly test them and give you my honest results as well. But as it stands it still kind of remains the same, except our more useful passives got nerfed and none of the others really provide what most witches consider useful benefits.

I agree with Raelena on the state of the witch passives. I do think that a few areas needed a nerf but the problem is that there are so few attractive directions to go.

I look forward to seeing the new tree to see how things stand.
Last edited by JMStewy on Dec 21, 2011, 11:02:18 PM
Updated patch notes with:
- Cold, Fire and Lightning damage passives have been increased from +4% to +6%.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Oh, cool. It doesn't fix the issue of spellcasting passives being highly concentrated and in a rigid path, but it does open up specialization as something worthwhile to pursue.

Two questions:
1. Are high level quest reward gems going to be changed any time soon?

2. Is it intended that Flicker Strike can have its cast range bypassed with holding shift?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info