Curses

"
Typical knee jerk reaction to the knee jerk reaction of those responding to your knee jerk reaction!

+1!
Thanks Chris! If I may ask, what is your general stance regarding hard caps? It looked like you were trying to avoid them.
Perception is reality.
As I've said in the past... the game is getting out of your control. You really need to scale back these changes you're making in order to "hype" the game.

Really. Quit it.
So are all of the previously changed gem quality bonuses being reverted then?
Last edited by Enja_N on Dec 15, 2015, 11:06:04 PM
"
Chris wrote:
In a few hours, we will deploy a hotfix that undoes the curse changes in yesterday's hotfix. It will introduce a cap of 75% to the action speed reduction caused by Temporal Chains and to the effects of Enfeeble.

We shouldn't have made such a large balance modification within a challenge league. This new cap solves the exploit case without affecting most other players.

We want people to understand that this change wasn't made as a knee-jerk reaction, it was a balance change that was discussed during the development of 2.1.0 and was omitted from the initial deploy. There are numerous ways that the current curse system is holding us back, so we will review it extensively for 2.2.0 next year.

We still love you GGG for all that you do. Keep up the hard work!
I love pie.
"
Chris wrote:
There are numerous ways that the current curse system is holding us back, so we will review it extensively for 2.2.0 next year.

Chris, perhaps think about reducing curse effectiveness as party size increases as a way to not have curses hold you guys back. Yes this would be a nerf for parties that use curses, but curses are much more powerful (in terms of the average benefit per player versus the cost of applying them) if one payer is applying them for a group of six, than if the curser is playing solo.
Last edited by Eggar on Dec 15, 2015, 7:27:59 PM
GGG, thanks a lot!

For sure this is one of the better solutions to the issue and i believe many ppl will see it that way too. On top of that it is just (again!) baffling to see your jawbreaking speed in reacting to the community (deserved or not) - so a big thank you!

I will keep supporting you as long i am able to!
Does this mean Blasphemy goes back to 25% reservation? Or is it staying gutted?
got so say, theres no team of devs that does as good a job as GGG. really liking the dev-player interaction and the explanations chris is giving.
GGG forgot to reverse blasphemy to 25% mana reservation...and many other things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info