[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
I wanted to ask a few questions. Sorry if it's all've been discussed already. But do AoE nodes on the tree increase range of blasphemy? And does tukohama's taunt/reflect proc with each RF tick or only from initial cast?

1) yes

2) no, not at all

@Carlovski

i used aurumvorax a long time :P

"
What do you all think of using a mainhand dagger + scepter/mace offhand instead of using a shield? That way u can use Whirling blades and use whirling blades to proc elemental overload? I've been doing that so far and it lets me always have fortify up and move faster

sure why not, not wrong. i just feel that whirling blades (on a 2.0 aps weapon!) is slower than silver+quicksilver flask on this build

"
Quick query, why the silver flask? Just for move speed?

move and castspeed. stacks with quicksilver for extra boost and totems cast rf a lil bit faster

not mandatory but sweet on maps

"
Does it mean it is safe to assume that the Tukohama Asc. keystone (the fire damage on totem being hit part) does not proc it? I assume you did test it, but I would like to be sure. It could in fact lower the DPS, depending on scenario.

However, thanks for the pointers, seems like a build worthy of checking

sure, wouldn´t use it if the firereflect would fuck over my EE

"
Quick question !
Why play with Temporal chains curse ? Monsters doesn't have time to move out from the totem AoE and are dead before reaching you most of the time (and as you don't need to stay static you can kite them anyway) and you don't need extra curse time as far as I tested.

Is there an other reason behind it ? If it's only a defensive measure, Enfeeble seems more appealing.
Also for more damage, vulnerability (+33% damage over time) seems the best option (after EE & Flammability). Is there a reason to not play with Vulnerability curse when going for quick/easy map & farm run ?

quick is good...

temporal chains helps a lot on bosses and is for me the best defensive curse. Better avoid all the dmg (slowed animations) than receiving less dmg. Both together work even better (hc)

No vulnerability because everything on t13 maps (so far) dies as fast as t1 mobs. no reason to go even more offensive, total overkill.
"

Got two questions for you if you don't mind :

Got 7 points left for the moment and I'm wondering what best to do next :
spend 3 points to take the jewel node (near scion start) to put intuitive leap + 2 nodes of area radius + skittering runes and after start to take shamanistic fury or directly go through hear of flame ?

Witch are gems where quality is important ?
Curses ? got increased area of effect lvl20, wondering if it's worth it to make it 20%quality.

Thanks !

get all the aoe, then what you desire, more defense or offense ;) offensive i tend for shamanistic fury for the placementspeed (=faster clearspeed).

Blasphemy, ele weakness, temporal chains are the best 3

the rest is some inc. ele/aoe/whatever dmg, not so important, but nice to have

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Regarding Soul Mantle, it is definitely "worth a single thought" in my opinion. It may not be as fully optimized as a version that runs a, well, better chest piece (likely), but it is very, very workable and much safer than you may think.

It is definitely possible to run a highly effective version of this build with Soul Mantle. Last league, I ran 5L Soul Mantle as my second character, and in only a month or so of playtime I made it to 92, was easily progressing towards 93, and would basically never die running all of the nastiest stuff I could find (UNid'ed T12 rares or dual extra damge minus max res Volcano, for instance), though I only made it to T13 maps before the league ended due to my late start. I never got a chance to attempt Atziri, though.

Soul Mantle provides major advantages and options, and if you are one of the two people who actually like Soul Mantle (I'm the other guy), then this you can definitely make it work well with this build.

Pros:
-Very significant damage boost
-Totems tankier
-Can run either Third Totem or Self Damage
-Can use Orb of Storms to proc EE, EO, and even up to two Curses on Hit simultaneously
-Coloring sockets is easy

Cons:
-Soul Mantle curses (duh)
-Cannot use a good rare with armor/life/resist or Carcass Jack/Lightning Coil/Belly etc
-More expensive to get a 5L Soul Mantle than a 5L rare

Last league, I chose to go the third totem route and primarily used it to deploy an EE-proccing Arc Spell Totem behind the primary two RF Totems when the situation called for it. Having free, limitless EE and another totem to distract mobs/provide cover was extremely handy. Additionally, when I was trucking along clearing, I could have three huge RF totems down and cover almost the entire screen in burning death. Opening a strongbox into three active RF totems was quite satisfying indeed. If you place them right, everything shows up DOA and you basically go straight to the loot phase.

This league, I am level 72 and just made the transition to 5L Soul Mantle. I respecced out of Ancestral Bond and am using Orb of Storms to proc EE and EO simultaneously on all blues/rares/bosses. Initial results are highly promising (my god the DPS with shit gear/gems/level), but I'm still getting my warding flasks configured. I'll post my results in a few days.
This is probably not the place to ask... but will gaining and Ascendancy class/Spending Ascendancy points cancel your passive skill tree reset? Want to test some things on some standard characters.
you bring up some points, maybe i was too harsh.

my point against is that i want AoE OR defence on my chest, aoe results in clearspeed, damage after some point not anymore, mobs die in <0.5 sec anyway.

For bosses however the extradmg is sweet IF you can keep the flaskcharges up. If you run out and have enfeeble on you most of the time you actually do less dmg.

"
This is probably not the place to ask... but will gaining and Ascendancy class/Spending Ascendancy points cancel your passive skill tree reset? Want to test some things on some standard characters.

no idea

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 7, 2016, 12:19:39 PM
"
Milkyslice wrote:

No vulnerability because everything on t13 maps (so far) dies as fast as t1 mobs. no reason to go even more offensive, total overkill.

The question is which 3 curses to use. I am using Flammability, Vulnerability and Temporal Chains now, which I think is better then Flammability, Elemental Weakness and Temporal Chains, since Vulnerability is 33% MORE damage.
No worries. Really, the harshness was probably mostly accurate at the end of the day, Milky, but I did want to throw in my positive experiences with Soul Mantle. Given how nutty the build is offensively already in 2.2, running the build with defensive armor or Carcass Jack is probably the "correct" answer from a pure optimization standpoint.

Regarding flask charges, I never really ran out of charges on any boss I faced last league (again, not sure about Atziri). I use Quicksilvers of Warding, and I'm completely addicted to 100% quicksilver uptime with this build anyway, so the whole "war on curses" minigame that usually goes along with Soul Mantle mostly becomes a non-issue. The nerf to Quicksilver flasks from 5 to 4 seconds in 2.2 hurts a little, but this is somewhat offset by the amazing new "Chemist's" prefix. I think two to three Chemist's (or Ample) Flasks of Warding should keep you in business for just about any fight and the travel times between them.

I'll post some videos and tweaks/tips for how to use Soul Mantle with your (completely amazing) build in a few days. At the end of the day, though, I fully expect that it will be more of a fun and highly effective variation than a truly "better" choice (especially for Hardcore, of course).
Enjoying this build, leveled msotly with earthquake/sunder but been on Rf for awhile.
Loving this so far. Lvl 86 currently.. thinking of dropping increased AOE gem in the 5L and going for CE.

Last edited by darkfalldoon on Mar 7, 2016, 1:48:30 PM
Doing fine here in hardcore too. i am just a bit slow and i am missing like 10% fire resi but else running pretty nice

tried already like 300~ jew to get 6S :D and getting 3 blue will be a pain in the ass for that chest.
Last edited by Baldry on Mar 7, 2016, 2:41:40 PM
"
hupple wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:

The question is which 3 curses to use. I am using Flammability, Vulnerability and Temporal Chains now, which I think is better then Flammability, Elemental Weakness and Temporal Chains, since Vulnerability is 33% MORE damage.

-ele resist is more damage too, every % belor 0% resist is 1% more dmg, over 0% resist its worth even more.

@Norc

its always good to see those other options at work. I consider SM as a choice for this build, but more niche and nothing for the new players out there or for someone who likes it solid and easy ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info