[2.2] "Duallant" DW Slayer by fiqst

Lightning strike seems very promising. Would it be able to do atziri easily? Theoretically it should be no problem, but just wanted to hear it from the forum in case there is a caveat...

And any viable ways to upgrade to being able to uber with this build? In other words is there room for further improvement to do uber without overhauling everything...

Also skill tree would need to be optimized for LS variant I am assuming?

Last edited by bowen123 on Jan 8, 2016, 12:50:53 AM
"
bowen123 wrote:
Lightning strike seems very promising. Would it be able to do atziri easily? Theoretically it should be no problem, but just wanted to hear it from the forum in case there is a caveat...

And any viable ways to upgrade to being able to uber with this build? In other words is there room for further improvement to do uber without overhauling everything...

Like you said, it isn't a problem. The only issue you might encounter is not being able to sustain the attack since lightning strike is half ele and you'll be leeching less mana.

Uber should be possible with instant leech.

As for the skill tree, it depends on how you want to play, but if you're gonna only use the projectiles then yes, you'll need to change the tree for ranged dmg nodes instead of melee.

Ugh effort
Added a new section on frost blades. Turns out to be a great skill.

Here's a video showcasing it:

Bazaar

To answer some questions:

"
Blowtome wrote:
hey i was wondering why in the skill tree you didn't put points into the frenzy charges, i am following your guide and my friend saw your skill tree and asked me why it had no points in frenzy charges, are they not good for the build?

I see it as a choice between a frenzy charge or a jewel slot, since you need 2 points to get either.

Frenzy charges are very good, but i prefer the utility of jewel slots, since i need INT and resists.

But either or both are fine.

"
ztnov wrote:
i found a binos and a mark of the doubting knight on another character that i have waiting for my duelist following this build. i have read online that the doubting knight is trash though, it seems that the two would work well together and the high damage would do well for this crit oriented build. am i right or am i overlooking something?

what would be other good alternatives to doubting knight if it is not a good offhander

MotDK is not very good, the damage is just too low, and there is no crit chance modifier.

The best bang-for-your-buck weapon is definitely a Catalyst. You can pick one up for 10c in both Talisman and standard.

"
bowen123 wrote:

i believe any melee build above 30k dps can do Atziri. It all comes down to how well you memorise the boss fights. I have done it with my 26k RT reave character.

As for uber, i wouldn't try that with without Acuity and a mirrored dagger, without them you run the risk of failing and losing currency with each attempt.

With any build, you'd need at least 10 tries before you have adapted your character and playstyle to the run.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Cool man. Thanks for the quick response.

The frost blade version looks cool too. Are you going to finalize which skill you are gonna use for the build for the 2.1 patch?

Across all the skills you've tested thus far, which do you find to be the fastest clearing? Consistency is an important factor too. I can imagine the projectiles of LS make clearing extremely linear maps like strand a breeze, but gets annoying on tight maps with random debris. So, in your opinion, assuming I could only colour my chestpiece a single time, which skill is the 'best'?
"
bowen123 wrote:
Are you going to finalize which skill you are gonna use for the build for the 2.1 patch?

No, i think i will continue this multi skill format, so you can see which skill you prefer using.

But the one i'm looking forward to is dual strike because its my favourite skill in the game.

This is an old video of mine back in 1.3 that showcased what dual strike can do:

One Hit Wonder

"
DotSpyder wrote:
Across all the skills you've tested thus far, which do you find to be the fastest clearing? Consistency is an important factor too. I can imagine the projectiles of LS make clearing extremely linear maps like strand a breeze, but gets annoying on tight maps with random debris. So, in your opinion, assuming I could only colour my chestpiece a single time, which skill is the 'best'?

I actually really like frost blades in terms of clear speed.

The long range of fb is great and outputs maximum dps at around 2 body lengths around you, so unlike lightning strike where the majority of hits are projectile hits, the melee portion of fb hits more often.

The projectiles spread out like a fan behind your target in a wide area, so attacking a mob at the edge of the group is really quite devastating.

FB is half cold damage so crits will freeze and shatter mobs, particularly useful against those bird-like mobs that shoot thorns when they die.

The draw back is that the projectiles won't activate useless you actually hit a target, so you can't do long range spamming like you can with lightning strike and you need to be within melee range. So you'll need to be good with mobility.

The great thing is that i use the same colours in the chest for both LS and FB, so i can mix and match at will. So as you say, LS for linear maps, FB for open ranges.

ps. BTW, both LS and FB benefit from the Slayer Impact passive so clear speed will be even faster in 2.2
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
"
fiqst wrote:
This is an old video of mine back in 1.3 that showcased what dual strike can do:

One Hit Wonder

The wonderful days of pre-nerf prolif ♥
Ugh effort
Would it be possible for you to add passive trees for each skill in the original guide?

Like the optimized passive tree depending on the skill you go for (LS vs DS vs FB, etc....)

I think that will really help people to decide / choose which path to take and get the full comparison.

Otherwise, great job. This is a very interesting guide / thread!

is it doable without bino ?

cant afford it for now

I only reach about 60k fully buffed, and i just don't understand how i will ever be able to reach anything near 600k.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info