[2.2] "Duallant" DW Slayer by fiqst

Made a new variant of this build:

HoA prolif "Vulcan" build

video:

Arid Lake with the HoA variant

This is variant that involves the use of a large area HoA burn proliferation that melts the screen. It also make use of the Death's Hand sceptre and the Vulnerability curse to maximise poison and burn damage.

Item notes

These 2 items require BBB in their links, something that's pretty difficult to achieve. Snakebites are a good way to get them, so are EV/ES boots.

The Death's Hand is a very good weapon for this version since it maximises chaos damage. The Holy Might buff gives significant chaos damage and higher poison damage. Also, it gives free power charges on stun, so Assassin's Mark can be replaced with Vulnerability to maximise poison and burn damage.

*Also note the Enlighten lvl 4 in the boots, i didn't have a lvl 3 on me, but using a lvl 3 makes zero difference to the build.

Auras:
HoA prolif

BBBR
Herald of Ash
Elemental Proliferation
Increased AoE
Enlighten lvl 3

This 4L combo has 44% mana reservation

It's very powerful and will burn enemies to death in 1-2 seconds. It also has the added advantage of using the the melee splash of dual strike to expand the radius out further:

The downside is losing the freezing and chilling aspect of the dropped Hatred. Also, using both auras requires 2x 4L's. a CwDT combo is left out.

Blasphemy + Vulnerability

BBB
Blasphemy
Vulberability
Enlighten lvl 3

Using Death's Hand allows us to use Vulnerability in place of Assassin's Mark.

Vulnerability makes mobs receive extra physical and DoT damage. This is very powerful to this buil;d since we deal in direct physical damage, and also heavy poison and burn damage.

The HoA-prolif combo spreads burning damage in the vicinity and the the Bino's Kitchen Knife spreads poison in the vicinity also. The combination of the 2 melts mobs caught in the radius and in particular, the poison stacks from every mob dying at once deals massive damage to bosses.

Character sheet:

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Jan 1, 2016, 3:59:34 AM
Video was private. Fixed now
Hey do you think the Prolif build or the original duallant would work better for me? i'm running a 5l darresso's ty!
"
Ciderhelm wrote:
Hey do you think the Prolif build or the original duallant would work better for me? i'm running a 5l darresso's ty!

the original has hatred on so enemies will freeze all the time, stopping them from attacking you. Also, there's room for cwdt-ic.

the prolif version requires 7 gems just for auras, including 2x level 3 enlightens. It harder to assemble.

I'd stick with the original.
What does your mana look like with only 1 enlighten lvl 3 if you don't mind telling me?
EDIT:Why are u also using snakebites instead of maligaro's? is the adder's touch node removed in ur skilltree?
Last edited by Ciderhelm on Jan 1, 2016, 8:20:07 AM
Absolutely loving this build. I just got abyssus and now I have like 1 ex and need 1 ex more for a decent lightning coil then it'll be gg

Hi fiqst, i have a self personalized vulcan build with dual doryani catalyst. i hit 252k dps with HoA and Hatred and i have around 5,2k of life. I'm very happy of this build but i have one doubt, with HoA i link Enlighten 3 and Burning Damage, it's better go for Increase AoE instead?
Hi, i would like to see what flasks you are using for this spec. Other then taste of hate. Just wanna take a gander.
"
Tiagorn wrote:

Hi fiqst, i have a self personalized vulcan build with dual doryani catalyst. i hit 252k dps with HoA and Hatred and i have around 5,2k of life. I'm very happy of this build but i have one doubt, with HoA i link Enlighten 3 and Burning Damage, it's better go for Increase AoE instead?

I prefer Inc AoE. The radius of it will hit more mobs, and if you initiate the burn in the very middle of the pack, you can create a death ring around you that kills everything that walks in.

"
deranius wrote:
Hi, i would like to see what flasks you are using for this spec. Other then taste of hate. Just wanna take a gander.

One insta to get me out of immediate danger, the other is a time-lengthened anti bleed. I normally punch both at once.

I maintain one of these constantly throughout the whole map for constant freeze immunity. i normally use 2.
Alright, so after a long time, I find myself planning a melee crit build again :P

Taking fiqst's premise of being compatible with all weapon types, this is the tree I'm currently going with:

Looking for some feedback on it. If it works out well, I'll post a build guide, probably in Feb, because I have barely any time to play these days, let alone write a comprehensive guide. A bit of a teaser, the weapons I'm going to be using are
and

The sceptre will be scour crafted to reach about 350pdps, and the sword is pretty much the second best weapon I had on hand, but also to let me use WB. Other gear will include abyssus, legacy coil, and probably acuities as well, because fuck mana problems, and more importantly, fuck dying.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info