[2.1] FROSTBITE - Fast paced, High DPS, Strong Defenses Frostblades build

Thanks for the reply my man !
One more question , sorry to bother u :b

Would innervate work with a cwdt - molten shell - tempest shield - innervate setup? So that my tempest shield can procc Innervate? that would be sweet I guess <:
"
Batilla wrote:

Would innervate work with a cwdt - molten shell - tempest shield - innervate setup? So that my tempest shield can procc Innervate? that would be sweet I guess <:

Innervate will work with tempest shield, and Cwdt will trigger it! That's a nice idea man. You should try it and feedback us on how effective it is.

It definitely fits the Build theme!

If you test it turns out to be effective, let me know. I'll add it to the OP.

Suggestion: Why not drop the CWDT mechanic and trigger it manually from time to time? You could then use a high level TS, with some other support gems such as increased duration and Chain.
Last edited by junaum on Dec 19, 2015, 3:27:15 PM
"
junaum wrote:
"
Batilla wrote:

Innervate will work with tempest shield, and Cwdt will trigger it! That's a nice idea man. You should try it and feedback us on how effective it is.

It definitely fits the Build theme!

If you test it turns out to be effective, let me know. I'll add it to the OP.

Suggestion: Why not drop the CWDT mechanic and trigger it manually from time to time? You could then use a high level TS, with some other support gems such as increased duration and Chain.

Unfortunatelly Tempest shield has to get the killing blow to activate innervate :(
MAYBE with culling, but that would consume too many links I guess !
"
Batilla wrote:
Unfortunatelly Tempest shield has to get the killing blow to activate innervate :(
MAYBE with culling, but that would consume too many links I guess !

Try the Fight or Flight trigger. It's nice to get 20%+ dmg now and then.
"
junaum wrote:
"
adampurvis wrote:
I'm not worried about reflect, I'm more worried about getting like 3 shot and stunlocked by various mobs with little no armor, but then again I'm not really playing too carefully at the moment and facetanking everything cuz SC life.

Yea i've been meaning to try out the vaal pact you've mentioned in this thread too but I don't have the gear to do that just yet especially with the blood rage and all that stuff.

Oh, I see. I share that concern of yours.

That's why I've being reworking the build, heading to a more steady performance. I've revamped the OP with the new build (but kept the old one, at the bottom as /spoiler).

The main change was:

• Dropped Acrobatics cluster
• Dropped usage of Blood Rage
• Got Iron Reflexes
• Got Vaal Pact
• Some Nodes optimization

The base damage was increased, but the final/buffed output got reduced (because of the lack of Blood Rage and Frenzies). Blood Rage with Abyssus is virtually impossible to handle - You can't counter it's physical debuff with armor neither regen (because VP). Max DPS got down from 470k to 350k, but survivability became extraordinarily higher.

Please, share your thoughts on it. I'm actively testing it and will soon update the stats session and upload some video footage.

"
Nermango wrote:
Do you think a sword variation of this build would be viable? I'm currently running a reave duelist in Talisman with Iron Reflexes, and am thinking of switching over to this build :D.

I'm not sure how the lack of high critical strikes (from daggers) will affect the build. The tree could be easily adapted to acomodate sword users, but I believe it won't end up doing as much damage as the dagger original version.

Hi there ! I really like how this build looks. I just have one small question though.

What is the final tree for the IR version ? The tree posted in the OP still has Acrobatics.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
azamantes wrote:
"
junaum wrote:
"
adampurvis wrote:
I'm not worried about reflect, I'm more worried about getting like 3 shot and stunlocked by various mobs with little no armor, but then again I'm not really playing too carefully at the moment and facetanking everything cuz SC life.

Yea i've been meaning to try out the vaal pact you've mentioned in this thread too but I don't have the gear to do that just yet especially with the blood rage and all that stuff.

Oh, I see. I share that concern of yours.

That's why I've being reworking the build, heading to a more steady performance. I've revamped the OP with the new build (but kept the old one, at the bottom as /spoiler).

The main change was:

• Dropped Acrobatics cluster
• Dropped usage of Blood Rage
• Got Iron Reflexes
• Got Vaal Pact
• Some Nodes optimization

The base damage was increased, but the final/buffed output got reduced (because of the lack of Blood Rage and Frenzies). Blood Rage with Abyssus is virtually impossible to handle - You can't counter it's physical debuff with armor neither regen (because VP). Max DPS got down from 470k to 350k, but survivability became extraordinarily higher.

Please, share your thoughts on it. I'm actively testing it and will soon update the stats session and upload some video footage.

"
Nermango wrote:
Do you think a sword variation of this build would be viable? I'm currently running a reave duelist in Talisman with Iron Reflexes, and am thinking of switching over to this build :D.

I'm not sure how the lack of high critical strikes (from daggers) will affect the build. The tree could be easily adapted to acomodate sword users, but I believe it won't end up doing as much damage as the dagger original version.

Hi there ! I really like how this build looks. I just have one small question though.

What is the final tree for the IR version ? The tree posted in the OP still has Acrobatics.

IR+VP on the dual wield dagger version, but not on the dagger+shield one.
Sorry for that. Terrible mistake. I forgot to replace the old URL from the earlier build.

It's fixed now. Both, shielded and dual wield version's are intended to be Vaal Pact based.
Last edited by junaum on Dec 20, 2015, 8:43:40 PM
"
junaum wrote:
Sorry for that. Terrible mistake. I forgot to replace the old URL from the earlier build.

It's fixed now. Both, shielded and dual wield version's are intended to be Vaal Pact based.

omg you change the build.

and i get 32 level with the old URL build. OMG
"
Balantakos wrote:
"
junaum wrote:

It's a work in progress. A lot has changed since I created this post. I'm really sorry about your outcome. If you are Level 32, you'll be able to fix yourself with less than 20 regret orbs. The good news is that the build is now getting closer to it's final form.

Anyway, at the bottom of the thread you´ll find the legacy version if needed.
Last edited by junaum on Dec 21, 2015, 10:41:26 AM
"
junaum wrote:
"
Balantakos wrote:
"
junaum wrote:

It's a work in progress. A lot has changed since I created this post. I'm really sorry about your outcome. If you are Level 32, you'll be able to fix yourself with less than 20 regret orbs. The good news is that the build is now getting closer to it's final form.

Anyway, at the bottom of the thread you´ll find the legacy version if needed.

I'll better wait when you get the final form of the build.

you will put it on title right? (Final Build) and sh*t like that :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info