[2.1] FROSTBITE - Fast paced, High DPS, Strong Defenses Frostblades build

Hi,

have you considered lightning penetration? Maybe even combine it with the Conductivity curse to lower enemy lightning resistance by 81%.

Also, i'd love to see what kind of dps you'd achieve dual wielding bino+catalyst
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
"
fiqst wrote:
Hi,

have you considered lightning penetration? Maybe even combine it with the Conductivity curse to lower enemy lightning resistance by 81%.

Also, i'd love to see what kind of dps you'd achieve dual wielding bino+catalyst

I´ve done some testing with Lightning Penetration and Conductivity, but in the earlier stages of the build. As LP doesn´t affect the tooltip dps, It was hard to determine it's effective (too subjetive) - But I plan to remake the testing now that the build is more mature (the difference might become more evident).

Also tested dual wield with our beloved catalyst. Just had to switch Defiance group for Dervish, and Precise Interception for Aspect of the Panther. 30% DPS increase. It was reaaaaly agressive and fun (I believe that, with my current gear, it could reach 600k+). I might add dual wield build (and it´s results screenshots) to the OP later, just after I get my gems a bit more leveled.

** Video added. Stupid me forgot to turn Blood Rage on until 1:20'.
I've being doing some testing with Vaal Pact. The amount of leeching from Vitality Void is awesome!

Yet, Blood Rage is what it is and I'm trying to figure out a way of maxing out my armor to keep it's debuff in check (which recently changed to physical damage).

Before I respect, I'm working on the tree without acrobatis and with Iron reflexes. Something like this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBBX0FtQceDY0OSBGWFHUV7BaqFr8Y2xm0G60i6iPTI_Yk_SaVKaUqCyo4LOEtVS_MMHw4lj3RPeJHBkd-SO5JUUp9TP9Nkk4qUUdVS1b1W69d8mHiYqxlTWqTbIxtbG8ncFJwVnTxdf14rnsUfXV944DhhG-E2Yd2idOK8IwLjDaNfY2_joqQG5S4lS6X0JoTmmqjiqxmsbO0xbVItxe5Hbk-uXy9Nr6nwYLC7MM6ypDTftRC2HbbbtvU2-fiXuLV45_nVOd06NbpRuyw7UHuDvDV_MX-uv_e?accountName=junaum&characterName=Cobra_Fumante

Any input will be most welcome.

Last edited by junaum on Dec 18, 2015, 5:43:16 AM
Currently running a shadow start version of this build in Talisman softcore. Good stuff. I have a 246pDPS binos with perfect crit and 1 off perfect crit multi, recently got maligaro's and an average rolled abyssus. Running LS + FA + Multi + Melee Phys + Weapon Ele in my 5L for now.

Getting 150k DPS currently with everything (flask, charges, vaal haste). 106 with just auras + charges, 75 with just auras. Running hatred + HoT. Just got into the leech nodes and it's really helped my survivability. I also linked Whirling Blades + Fortify + FA + reduced mana because I like zippin around and i couldn't sustain the mana without RM.

Build does a ton of damage and is fun as hell to play. I think I'm going to try lightning coil out, I think it would be really good for this build but I need to get some insane resist rings/ammy/belt first so it might be awhile. And buying the coil itself might be a challenge too.

But I think a 6L coil is better than daressos, like you said it's preference but I think if you're going to go abyssus and want to play high maps the coil is just too solid and will save your life from getting one shot in a ton of situations.

You can check out what i'm doing in my character tab Herp McDerp if you're interested. I took Oak, Kraityn, Kraityn btw instead of the extra power charge.

BTW, if i ever do end up getting coil, i'll try it with both acro and IR, see which is better.
Last edited by adampurvis on Dec 18, 2015, 12:20:38 AM
"
adampurvis wrote:
Build does a ton of damage and is fun as hell to play.

That´s pretty cool news bro! I find it fun to play as well.

"
adampurvis wrote:
I think if you're going to go abyssus and want to play high maps the coil is just too solid and will save your life from getting one shot in a ton of situations.

Don´t worry about Abyssus colateral or phys reflection.

The combination between Lightning Strike (50% of Physical Damage Converted to Lightning Damage) and Physical to Lightning support gem (50% of Physical Damage Converted to Lightning Damage), means that you'll be inflicting NO physical damage at all

So I would recommend that you go for some cooler chest piece instead of coil. It´s additional phys to lightning modifier and negative resistance won't really help.

I´m using it at high level maps now and never had to pay attention to reflect mobs. Ever.

By the way, I´m working on a new approach for this build with more survivability, little less dps. It´s vaal pact and IR based- it got very tanky. Will update soon.

Last edited by junaum on Dec 18, 2015, 8:11:57 AM
I'm not worried about reflect, I'm more worried about getting like 3 shot and stunlocked by various mobs with little no armor, but then again I'm not really playing too carefully at the moment and facetanking everything cuz SC life.

Yea i've been meaning to try out the vaal pact you've mentioned in this thread too but I don't have the gear to do that just yet especially with the blood rage and all that stuff.
Do you think a sword variation of this build would be viable? I'm currently running a reave duelist in Talisman with Iron Reflexes, and am thinking of switching over to this build :D.
"
adampurvis wrote:
I'm not worried about reflect, I'm more worried about getting like 3 shot and stunlocked by various mobs with little no armor, but then again I'm not really playing too carefully at the moment and facetanking everything cuz SC life.

Yea i've been meaning to try out the vaal pact you've mentioned in this thread too but I don't have the gear to do that just yet especially with the blood rage and all that stuff.

Oh, I see. I share that concern of yours.

That's why I've being reworking the build, heading to a more steady performance. I've revamped the OP with the new build (but kept the old one, at the bottom as /spoiler).

The main change was:

• Dropped Acrobatics cluster
• Dropped usage of Blood Rage
• Got Iron Reflexes
• Got Vaal Pact
• Some Nodes optimization

The base damage was increased, but the final/buffed output got reduced (because of the lack of Blood Rage and Frenzies). Blood Rage with Abyssus is virtually impossible to handle - You can't counter it's physical debuff with armor neither regen (because VP). Max DPS got down from 470k to 350k, but survivability became extraordinarily higher.

Please, share your thoughts on it. I'm actively testing it and will soon update the stats session and upload some video footage.

"
Nermango wrote:
Do you think a sword variation of this build would be viable? I'm currently running a reave duelist in Talisman with Iron Reflexes, and am thinking of switching over to this build :D.

I'm not sure how the lack of high critical strikes (from daggers) will affect the build. The tree could be easily adapted to acomodate sword users, but I believe it won't end up doing as much damage as the dagger original version.
Running this build right now and it´s really fun to play !
Just wondering what to do with all the links ...? Got the Lightning Strike Set up , WhirlingBlades setup and the HOT setup with the curse..what else? Anything cool for defenses ? I have no clue what 4Link setup to use in my boots !
Tips are very welcome , also : Awesome build :)
"
Batilla wrote:
Running this build right now and it´s really fun to play !
Just wondering what to do with all the links ...? Got the Lightning Strike Set up , WhirlingBlades setup and the HOT setup with the curse..what else? Anything cool for defenses ? I have no clue what 4Link setup to use in my boots !
Tips are very welcome , also : Awesome build :)

Thanks for the kind words bro.

Check the "triggers" section from the OP. It feature some nice potential fillers, notably the The Gold Digger Golem (DPS Boost + Culling MF) and the Fight or Flight response. The DTM® (don't touch me) counter-attack combo is also cool.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info