Blast Rain

It's an Attack. Attacks roll for accuracy.
Blast Rain used to be bugged and was checking against.. I think Spell Dodge? But that bug should be fixed, it was noted a couple months ago.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
It's an Attack. Attacks roll for accuracy.
Blast Rain used to be bugged and was checking against.. I think Spell Dodge? But that bug should be fixed, it was noted a couple months ago.

I currently have about 78% chance to hit and I almost always hit merc Voll unless the arrows go off course
What level is your character, and do you have Poacher's Mark?
The listed Chance to Hit is an estimate based on monsters of your level. Lower level enemies have lower Evasion, making them easier to Hit. As such, if you're looking at a level 90 character, that 78% is nowhere near accurate against a level 69 Voll :P

Looking back at the last months of patches didn't bring up the bug fix... Three things that could have happened there:
- I missed it
- It wasn't noted as a fix
- It wasn't fixed
"
Rupenus wrote:
it doesnt hard as LA or Barrage.
but yeah, LA requires walls to work,
barrage can be outmicro'ed with some tricks,
blast rain however lacks T value as mentioned before. it hits hard but in HLD there are ways to deal with it. In LLD it can be a big problem like any other aoe skill which lacks T value to make it even with other skills. if that's what you wanna hear, yes, it's one of the "broken" skills.
i dont know if you can use smoke mines in LLD, they work pretty well against blast rain.

"
lapiz wrote:
Well that completely depends on what you compare it to. Barrage can fairly easy do more damage than blast rain and things like properly linked CWS combo will do even more damage.
Blast rain is only good because of its interaction with T-value.. Just like the above mentioned things are as well.

Dear GGG, Vipermagi, Jess, can you clear this up? Do we have any facts or evidence about whether Blast Rain has a T value in pvp?
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
Last edited by Castablanca on Nov 16, 2016, 4:32:55 PM
blast rain's aoe seems to be visually bugged. prior to 2.4.2, when increasing aoe via shrine or dying sun flask, the radius of each explosion increased visually. Now, the radius of the explosion no longer changes even though the tooltip aoe increases.
blast rain aoe doesn't seem to work visually, (bump) can we get a response from GGG?
What happened to Blast Rain, it now has a cool-down of 4 seconds now making the skill totally useless!!

edit - I think it may have something to do with my new dear-stalker boots. I'll try uninstalling it and re-equiping my old boots. What a shame as they are awesome!!

edit 2 - Yes, it was the boots. I suppose laying down 3 traps and infinty blast rain was too much of a good thing for the developers and no doubt us as well ;-)

edit 3 - Actually, now that I have played with it some more, it is actually very good. You lay down the traps ahead of you, lead your foes into the traps and then blast rain rains down on them automatically. It actually works a treat! Just a shame you have to equip different shoes for the bosses if you want to spam Blast Rain on them.
Last edited by blackcloudyday on Jan 3, 2018, 12:44:56 PM
Hello,

I am playing Blast Rain for the 3.9 expansion and I bought a helmet with the enchant :

"Blast Rain fires an Additional Arrow"

When I check the tooltip of Blast Rain the number of projectiles does not change.

Is this something that needs to be updated ? The new Blast Rain scales with additional Projectiles but not Arrows ?

I am not the only one who noticed this problem, the following Reddit threads point to the same issue.
- https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ebdkq2/blast_rain_additional_arrow_enchant_bugged/
- https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/eb2z5y/blast_rain_helm_enchant_does_not_work/

Thank You
Exactly this, Lab enchant does not change tooltip and does not seem to add an arrow. Death Harp whhich has "Bow attacks fire an additional arrow" changes the tooltip and seems to add an arrow. Now I know why the helmet was 20c.

"
Vieg wrote:
Hello,

I am playing Blast Rain for the 3.9 expansion and I bought a helmet with the enchant :

"Blast Rain fires an Additional Arrow"

When I check the tooltip of Blast Rain the number of projectiles does not change.

Is this something that needs to be updated ? The new Blast Rain scales with additional Projectiles but not Arrows ?

I am not the only one who noticed this problem, the following Reddit threads point to the same issue.
- https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ebdkq2/blast_rain_additional_arrow_enchant_bugged/
- https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/eb2z5y/blast_rain_helm_enchant_does_not_work/

Thank You
IGN: ProfetpeFuga EU online evenings-night
blast rain mines, rain of arrows, and bladefall mines do not target mobs.
they go straight up, straight down.
bladefall had this removed longer ago when meta was bladefall mines, as a nerf.
it was OP with low investment, so it was fair.
but that was like literally 5 years ago. time to revisit?
im not sure when blast rain and rain of arrows lost the ability to target mobs as mines,with rain of arrow large aoe, it could be intentional.
but on blast rain? why? its a super underused skill.
id just like confirmation that their inability to target mobs is intentional.

proj speed seem to have little to no effect on the fall speed/delay.
i CAN confirm that while slower projectiles support will increase dmg and show its letter on tooltip, the tooltip does NOT show the reduced proj speed.
while faster proj speed support DOES show the increased proj speed on tooltip.
Last edited by zephiroth3 on Apr 15, 2021, 11:53:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info