Blast Rain

I would like to point out that Blast Rain (as well as other skills that require line of sight or what-have-you, ex Blink Arrow) aren't really reliable when obstacles are encountered.

In my following examples, the Green zones allow for Blast Rain / Blink Arrow. The Red zones do not.

Inconsistency. It should either work or not at all colored zones

Here it looks like it's ok...except from the small northern green zone

but move 1m to the side and you get this

I also posted this in the Blink Arrow feedback.

Thanks for reading this.
Why make this skill so blatantly better than Rain Of Arrows? There wasn't exactly a RoA meta.
Is the tooltip dps for blast rain assuming only 1 projectile per attack hitting the target or all 4 projectiles per attack hitting the target?
"
LBJames wrote:
Is the tooltip dps for blast rain assuming only 1 projectile per attack hitting the target or all 4 projectiles per attack hitting the target?

It's for 1 hit, you should multiply it by 4.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MrTortoise3 wrote:
EVEN if all 4 shots overlap andf hit one target its still 20% less than no skill at all single target.

They always overlap at target point, it's written in skill's description even.

Oh, and show me a single-target skill that deal 160% base damage at level 1 and 190% at level 20, that also can be supported by Concentrated Effect (40-59% more damage)...
Because i see none.
Exvept for Barrage which is useful only at close range.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jan 24, 2016, 8:47:02 AM
Just a bit of feedback on this skill.

It has its downsides when it comes to kiting but overall it is downright overpowered for single target dps. For AoE it is also quite decent.

For reference when I do uber atziri runs Tornado shot or Split arrow sometimes take some time to kill the champion packs. With Blast Rain they just melt away.

I think a nerf would be appropriate. For instance 4 x 30% dmg or 3 x 40%. Maybe a total of a 25% dmg nerf is a bit over the top. I find it hard to judge since the damage right now is bunkers. It stacks with conc effect which makes it tricky to balance compared to other single target skills.

All in all: Way to powerful at the moment.
Last edited by Frankenberry on Feb 22, 2016, 9:54:02 AM
Hi,

Can someone from GGG tell me how this skill works with some of the new ascendancy passives?

Deadeye-Far shot: Will being farther from a target gain the bonus?

Deadeye-Sharp and Venomous: Will the 4 hits have a chance to proc individually or is it per attack?
1. Yes. Similarly, Point Blank also applies (but combining them is a bad idea :P )
2. On-hit modifiers are always checked per-hit. It's really good if you land multiple hits per attack.
hey man, do you know if the "more" damage on pierce affects blast rain? i tested it on my char and the tooltip for blast rain didn't seem to change when i added pierce. but i thought it should work
Blast Rain doesn't link up with Pierce at all because it cannot Pierce.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info