Blast Rain

Can you answer these mechanics related questions about Blast Rain?

- What is the fire-up/fall-down duration of blast rain versus projectile speed?
- Does weapon base attack speed or weapon increased attack speed affect anything on blast rain like in leap slam or whirling blades?
Newbie here trying a physical ranger, and Blast Rain looks attractive.

Is this skill better than Rain of Arrows in 100% of cases?

Which ascendency class plays well with the skill? Does DeadEye's extra projectile count as a fifth projectile in the attack?

What does attack speed or projectile speed do for this spell, if anything?
Last edited by HappyHubris on Apr 8, 2016, 11:35:56 AM
"
HappyHubris wrote:
Newbie here trying a physical ranger, and Blast Rain looks attractive.

Is this skill better than Rain of Arrows in 100% of cases?

Which ascendency class plays well with the skill? Does DeadEye's extra projectile count as a fifth projectile in the attack?

What does attack speed or projectile speed do for this spell, if anything?

i second the motion for this question. how does projectile speed interact with blast rain
Increasing Projectile Speed lowers the delay between the arrow being fired and the first blast coming down.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Increasing Projectile Speed lowers the delay between the arrow being fired and the first blast coming down.

...sexually.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Mark, first of all, thanks for the answer.

Three more related quick questions:

1 - (Most important question for me)What is the time between blasts (4 of them)?

If the blast rain helmet enchant fires 1 additional (5 blasts), does it affect the time between blasts?
Does the time between blasts get affected by attack speed scaling?

As a theorycrafter and big fan of PoE I appreciate the responses by the Dev team!
"
Mothren wrote:
1 - (Most important question for me)What is the time between blasts (4 of them)?
80ms
"
Mothren wrote:
If the blast rain helmet enchant fires 1 additional (5 blasts), does it affect the time between blasts?
No.
"
Mothren wrote:
No, nothing modifies the time between blasts. The delay before the first blast is modified by both attack speed and projectile speed modifiers.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Mothren wrote:
80ms
"
Mothren wrote:
No.
"
Mothren wrote:
No, nothing modifies the time between blasts. The delay before the first blast is modified by both attack speed and projectile speed modifiers.

For a cast on critical strike setup, best timing for blast rain seems to be:

Without helm enchant:
Blasts fall at 0-80-160-240ms and the next wave starts to fall at 290-...
1/.29 ~= 3.448 Attacks Per Second Upper Bound

With helm enchant, assuming 5 projectiles fall every time:
Blasts fall at 0-80-160-240-320ms and the next wave starts to fall at 370-...

1/.37 ~= 2.702 Attacks Per Second Upper Bound.

Thanks for the information, though at this point we don't know what the projectile speed should be for satisfying these upper bounds.

From my tests, I guess its around 62-70% for helm enchant 2.7 APS case.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
1. Yes. Similarly, Point Blank also applies (but combining them is a bad idea :P )
2. On-hit modifiers are always checked per-hit. It's really good if you land multiple hits per attack.

Does Point Blanck Support works with Blast Rain? or is better to link it to Slower Projectiles Support (i dont know if th 50% more damage at the star of the travel works with Blast Rain)
And in What cases Incerased ProjectileS Damage works with Blast Rain... beacuse Physical Projectile Atack Damage Support works with it..
Tried this skill as an alternative to my LA while my LA gem is on hiatus due to just getting Q20-ed. This is definitely one of the most satisfying to use and fun skills added. It is also very responsive to use and you feel like having very good and rigid control of your character with it.

I was thinking of using burning arrow as my way-to-go to procc Mastermind of Discord for Cold Pen when I get my first 6L and have a free 5L, but now Blast Rain is definitely getting that slot. It benefits much more from Pendulum of Destruction as well after all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info