[3.3] Gilded Cage's Comprehensive Guide to Maps

Thank you for this guide, bookmarked!

One thing I'd love to see would be a comments section (description/difficulty ratings/misc comments) of each of the unique maps.

Thanks once again for the great guide.
"
sanan22 wrote:
I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I seem to be stuck at tier 3.
I rarely get tier 4 maps, and the few I got didn't yield any higher tier or same tier maps.
I even tried to alch an arena map..which just resulted in many low tier (1-2) maps.

I try to not run maps with IIQ<30. unless I spend too many alterations

I have 5-6 T1, 8+ T2 , 8+ T3, 2 T4, 1 T5 atm
what am I doing wrong?

Actually a player sells T4-T6 maps in Talisman league for 4 alterations each.
If you play selffound try to roll twinned mod (if possible).
"
Firestorm wrote:
"Cartographer's Strongbox

If found outside of a map they will only drop tier 1 maps."

It´s possible to get T2 maps.

I found a white box in Act3 Merc and used Transmute/multiple Alterations/Regal/Vaal on it.

I got 8 ilvl 65 maps

1x T2 rare
3x T1 rare
4x T1 White

The suffix was "of Treasure" and the second prefix was "Contaminated" (don´t remember the first prefix)

Yep, after playing Talisman I found that is the case (it wasnt like that pre-Talisman I'm pretty sure). Thanks for pointing it out, I'll update the guide accordingly.
"
Thank you so much for this guide. I have been using this like crazy at it is my first time through the maps. The one thing I reference a lot is the experience penalty chart. I updated the one you have to include tier 14 and 15 as well as put the map tiers above the map level for quicker look up. Here is the link : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QpJJRuCnp1SeOUchW0EUFGJKOWKA6vGO0Lv42Y4HCJw/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for this! I'll use this instead within the guide.
Hi, thank you for the guide. It helped me a lot. I have a few questions:

I'm lvl 95 lightning arrow ranger (not MF, only +24 iir)

My situation: rarely I have a tier 12 map drop and almost no tier 13+. Usually I run chiselled iiq 80+ tier 10\11 maps and barely make any profit from that.

Questions:

1) I have a lot of tier 8 (canyon, dry peninsula) and 9 (arid lake, underground river) maps. Is it efficient to run those WITHOUT chiselling them? I run out of chisels really quickly and therefore I need to buy some (usually it's 2.5-2.2 chisels : chaos).

2) I wonder if there are any reasons to reroll, for example, iiq 80% tier 12+ maps without pack size into something with pack size.

3) What do you think about rotations? Is it better than solo mapping from the mercantile point of view? (gorge, plateau or any tier 9+ rotation) I don't mean party farm with friends or guildmates, but just random global 820 rotations.
Last edited by DSJkaa on Feb 27, 2016, 11:28:28 AM
"
GildedCage wrote:
Maps like any other item in Path of Exile can be corrupted using a Vaal Orb.

False. Flasks are items and cant be corrupted.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
"
DSJkaa wrote:
Hi, thank you for the guide. It helped me a lot. I have a few questions:

I'm lvl 95 lightning arrow ranger (not MF, only +24 iir)

My situation: rarely I have a tier 12 map drop and almost no tier 13+. Usually I run chiselled iiq 80+ tier 10\11 maps and barely make any profit from that.

Questions:

1) I have a lot of tier 8 (canyon, dry peninsula) and 9 (arid lake, underground river) maps. Is it efficient to run those WITHOUT chiselling them? I run out of chisels really quickly and therefore I need to buy some (usually it's 2.5-2.2 chisels : chaos).

2) I wonder if there are any reasons to reroll, for example, iiq 80% tier 12+ maps without pack size into something with pack size.

3) What do you think about rotations? Is it better than solo mapping from the mercantile point of view? (gorge, plateau or any tier 9+ rotation) I don't mean party farm with friends or guildmates, but just random global 820 rotations.

Hey some really good questions :)

1) I feel I need to revise this part of the guide. I found now that chiseling from Tier 10 is usually the way to go. Also that once to get into high tier maps you will amass a wealth of mid tier maps, in which case it is efficient to spend less currency rolling these maps as you already have a map base. I reckon a better rule would be always chisel high tier maps and chisel mid tier maps only if you are struggling to maintain a pool.

2) In high tier maps you will find that re rolling is often necessary. Whether it be for poor mods that my character cannot do or if the IIQ/pack size is too low. For high tier maps I aim for 85% IIQ or 70% IIQ with pack size.

3) Personally I have never done rotations as I prefer to play solo on my own terms. However I know partying is better for getting experience as well as sustaining a map pool.
Want to report about Abandoned Cavern map.
There is new boss, not Fidelitas.

Called The Eroding One, looks like a big stone golem, doing some random aoe shit, not rly dangerous.
Last edited by Sattarqt on Mar 13, 2016, 6:48:11 AM
Thanks again GildedCage, for all your efforts, much appreciated.
#NeverGoing90
Great Guide Bookmarked. Nice to check back and look up short descriptions of maps cuz even after running them before in previous leagues I usually forget :)

Very Helpful
I need a signature to look legit

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info