[2.1] Talisman CI/life viper strike build

Thx man. Ill use that one. Just 1 point dex wasted. Now hoping that VS rocks:) Have fun on start all!
No problem, glad I could help. I am also excited about the changes, hoping it'll be awesome!!!
Hey Guys,

I am planning on going for Viper Strike uber / rigvald killer using Dagger / Shield crit setup.
For uber i think about a special spellblock setup with saffells / stone of lazhwar and rainbowstride for 79 max resists and 71% spellblock.
Vaal pact for instant life leech. Blood Rage 7 frency charges and 4 power charges spectral throw setup.
Running grace and vulnerability aura. Whirling blades for movement.

Gear:
Crafted dagger or Binos
Abyssus
Lightning Coil
Eva shield with life and resi or saffells
Maligaros gloves (if i can get: acuity and dropping vaal vact)
Atziris step or rainbowstride.
Jewelery for crit / crit multi / life / resi / phys dmg

Tree:
http://www.exiletools.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBBS0FfQW1BnAM8gz3DY0RLxR1FqoWvxjbG60hYCLqI_Yk_SaVKaUqCyo4LOEtVS_MMHw2PTqtPdE94j7PQKBDMUcGR35JE0p9TUZNkk6fUUdVS1oaW69h4mKsYuxjQ2VNaoxsjG-EcFJ07XTxdf14rnp_eu97FH3jhG-E2YTvh3aJ04ngjDaNfY2_kx-UuJ2qotmjiqXLpzSplaxmrK-w2LGztMW1SLk-vTa95r6nwL_BgsLswzPDOsgU1ELYdtrB2-fi1eOf5ljnVOjW62PtQe4O8uH1b_b8_MX_HP_e

Opinions? Uber doable?
Last edited by Sh1ft0r on Dec 11, 2015, 5:11:07 AM
"
Sh1ft0r wrote:
Hey Guys,

I am planning on going for Viper Strike uber / rigvald killer using Dagger / Shield crit setup.
For uber i think about a special spellblock setup with saffells / stone of lazhwar and rainbowstride for 79 max resists and 71% spellblock.
Vaal pact for instant life leech. Blood Rage 7 frency charges and 4 power charges spectral throw setup.
Running grace and vulnerability aura. Whirling blades for movement.

Gear:
Crafted dagger or Binos
Abyssus
Lightning Coil
Eva shield with life and resi or saffells
Maligaros gloves (if i can get: acuity and dropping vaal vact)
Atziris step or rainbowstride.
Jewelery for crit / crit multi / life / resi / phys dmg

Tree:
http://www.exiletools.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBBS0FfQW1BnAM8gz3DY0RLxR1FqoWvxjbG60hYCLqI_Yk_SaVKaUqCyo4LOEtVS_MMHw2PTqtPdE94j7PQKBDMUcGR35JE0p9TUZNkk6fUUdVS1oaW69h4mKsYuxjQ2VNaoxsjG-EcFJ07XTxdf14rnp_eu97FH3jhG-E2YTvh3aJ04ngjDaNfY2_kx-UuJ2qotmjiqXLpzSplaxmrK-w2LGztMW1SLk-vTa95r6nwL_BgsLswzPDOsgU1ELYdtrB2-fi1eOf5ljnVOjW62PtQe4O8uH1b_b8_MX_HP_e

Opinions? Uber doable?

The build idea looks good, you've got 21% block chance from tree, which is pretty good for survivability. Not sure if you'll able to cap crit. chance with only rings (as you've dropped some crit. chance nodes), since you're using stone of lazhwar for amulet, and abyssus. Also, 121% life seem kind a low. With these many uniques capping resists will also be a pain.
Since you are planning on using lightning coil, I would recommend using purity of lightning instead of vulnerability aura.
Also, since you are using vaal pact, you won't have any life regen, so you won't be able to run blood rage. Also, I don't see any mana regen nodes, not sure how will you support whirling blade mana cost (since no life regen, can't go with bm gem).
Last edited by Tereng on Dec 11, 2015, 12:08:21 PM
Thanks for the input! You are absolutely right about the resists. I think belly would be a much better option for the chest armour. Not sure about Blood Rage i dont mind popping a life flask now and then and when mobs are present i am recovering from life leech. But true whirling blade sustain has to come from blood magic :/
Maybe its better to drop vaal pact and spec into the top part of the shadow area notably the nightstalker and growth and decay clusters.
There is another thing which has not been taken into account.

There is supposed to be a threshold jewel for all the starting skills (except double strike) which would include viper strike. No idea if they're releasing more jewels than shown before but that's someting to keep in mind.
Is there a reason why the builds here are all avoiding pathing through the entropy notable near the shadow start? Is the dps increase per point not worth it?
Ok ready to start 2.1
That's my final tree, doable as Shadow (more dps) or as Ranger/Duelist (more life) by changing starting 5 points:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAAYDhwSxBS0FtQZwBx4Mcw2NDkgRLxGWEdUV9ha_G60j9iT9JogmlSoLKwos4S5TMHw2PTfUQzFHBkd-SVFKfUz_TZJOKk6fUUdVS1b1V5dbr13yYEFh4mJ5YqxjcGVNaoxsCGyMcFJwVnTtdf12gnp_eu97FH11feOEb4TZh3aNfY2_joqQG5UulWaX0JoTnaqi2aOKpn-sZrDYsbO0xbTRtUi3MLk-vTa-p8LsyAzIFNNv037YdtrB227b1Nvn45_nVOha62PtP-1B7g7w1fGK9W_8xf66_94=

Gear
Bino x2
Acuity
Death Oath
Ming's Heart x2
rares Helm Belt Boots Amulet to compensate life and res
My faith in going Viper Strike is being tested since I just picked up Bladefall. This skill wrecks faces when it's unsupported.

I'm almost tempted to build a bastardized Bladefall build but still pick up Adder's Touch and poison nodes to rain poison but I really don't know how that'd work. It would still use the same backbone as in the leveling guide though so it'd have all the benefits...

Don't beat me.

Edit: After realizing I needed new daggers, I can say that I am back with the flock.
Last edited by Messerschmitt on Dec 11, 2015, 11:26:05 PM
Why are we not using Void manipulation?
Pm me on forums or ingame: Chickenlal
Last edited by Chickenlal on Dec 12, 2015, 2:24:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info