2.1 "Unlimited Blade Works" Tanky Hybrid, Dual-Curse BladeFall/EK Build

Updated passive tree, cleaned out gear section and added a section with my current gear.
Added swag. ;)
Hey,

In your passive tree, you are only listed at 94 dext, but bladefall is a pure dext skill, and even taking the +30 dext passive right at the start, I am finding myself unable to use the skill. Any tips to help me get past that lump, since I am 4-~, so getting +50 dext on a single piece of jewelry is a bit tough for tiers.
"
Yeah, I agree with your choice. I already mentioned that you can take Ghost Reaver or Vaal Pact easily in this build. I've decided to switch to Ghost Reaver (along with Vaal Pact as I have no regen to lose anyway) myself and have updated the guides' tree accordingly. I also run an Atziri flask, btw, which is also great for leeching.

Thanks for the thorough response. Some of that I have already done (adding vaal pact is really a no-brainer), and I will be adding the jewel slots back eventually as I acquire jewels worth dropping other nodes. I've leveled the character to 78 fairly easily and even with a four-link (Controlled Destruction, Added Fire Damage, and Spell Echo), damage hasn't been an issue. Now I just need to concentrate on gearing the character better and I think this will be an excellent character for end-game content. Clear speed is certainly nice at this point.
"
TheNippleman wrote:
Hey,

In your passive tree, you are only listed at 94 dext, but bladefall is a pure dext skill, and even taking the +30 dext passive right at the start, I am finding myself unable to use the skill. Any tips to help me get past that lump, since I am 4-~, so getting +50 dext on a single piece of jewelry is a bit tough for tiers.

I can tell you what I did--as I have been dealing with that as well. I just master-crafted dex onto the gear as I upgraded. I think that is the easiest and cheapest way to get through that awkward phase where your traveling points are almost entirely int. At level 3, Haku can craft 26-30 dex onto any armor piece--even pieces that would otherwise not roll dex (such as your helm if ES-based)--for just 8 augments. Good luck.
"
scisco wrote:
"
TheNippleman wrote:
Hey,

I can tell you what I did--as I have been dealing with that as well. I just master-crafted dex onto the gear as I upgraded. I think that is the easiest and cheapest way to get through that awkward phase where your traveling points are almost entirely int. At level 3, Haku can craft 26-30 dex onto any armor piece--even pieces that would otherwise not roll dex (such as your helm if ES-based)--for just 8 augments. Good luck.

Even with Atziri's stat reduction in effect, it was getting a bit rough. Fortunately, Haku is one of the masters I have in my h/o. Maybe it was just this run, but I felt like the number of masters I ran into Act 1 were at an all time low *shrugs*.

Thank you for the advice. I typically don't like buying stuff from players until I hit 50+, due to how quickly the items become obsolete. This should surely give me the necessary dexterity.
"
TheNippleman wrote:
"
scisco wrote:
"
TheNippleman wrote:
Hey,

Even with Atziri's stat reduction in effect, it was getting a bit rough. Fortunately, Haku is one of the masters I have in my h/o. Maybe it was just this run, but I felt like the number of masters I ran into Act 1 were at an all time low *shrugs*.

Thank you for the advice. I typically don't like buying stuff from players until I hit 50+, due to how quickly the items become obsolete. This should surely give me the necessary dexterity.

Hi! Thanks for reminding me of that little niggle. In my case, my Amethyst ring takes care of my Dexterity and my Doryani's belt helps with Strength. Even with Atziri's ammy, a lvl 20 Bladefall will need 117 dexterity (lvl 21 requires 120) to equip. The tree will only net you a total of 94 dexterity as you say. I also get Strength on my belt (needed for Added Fire, Flame Golem and Herald of Ash gems - Decoy Totem and Warlord's Mark can be kept low level). The Magnate belt will work too if you don't need the resists from Doryani's. You can get stats on gear or passive tree. If your current gear lacks the needed stat, Haku can craft it on for you. I've added this to the gear section.

On the passive tree, you can temporarily allocate the dex or strength nodes between Witch and Shadow and replace them with gear later. I've added this to the passive tree section.
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 18, 2015, 9:19:43 PM
Added 'Map Mods' section.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
scisco wrote:
"
TheNippleman wrote:
Hey,

Hi! Thanks for reminding me of that little niggle. In my case, my Amethyst ring takes care of my Dexterity and my Doryani's belt helps with Strength. Even with Atziri's ammy, a lvl 20 Bladefall will need 117 dexterity (lvl 21 requires 120) to equip. The tree will only net you a total of 94 dexterity as you say. I also get Strength on my belt (needed for Added Fire, Flame Golem and Herald of Ash gems - Decoy Totem and Warlord's Mark can be kept low level). The Magnate belt will work too if you don't need the resists from Doryani's. You can get stats on gear or passive tree. If your current gear lacks the needed stat, Haku can craft it on for you. I've added this to the gear section.

On the passive tree, you can temporarily allocate the dex or strength nodes between Witch and Shadow and replace them with gear later. I've added this to the passive tree section.

Right, I saw your equipment and understood how you did it. The problem was it is impossible to get a dext roll that high until 44+, and I was pre 40 at the time.

Fortunately, shouldn't be an issue. Looking forward to map updates!
"
TheNippleman wrote:
Right, I saw your equipment and understood how you did it. The problem was it is impossible to get a dext roll that high until 44+, and I was pre 40 at the time.

Fortunately, shouldn't be an issue. Looking forward to map updates!

You don't really need a dex roll that high. The ring simply came with that. I have 140 dex atm, but I'll only ever need 120. So you only need something with 23-26 dexterity in all (either pure or dex + all attributes). Haku can craft that. Or the dex passive node would cover it too. Anyway, glad you managed to get around it. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info