2.1 "Unlimited Blade Works" Tanky Hybrid, Dual-Curse BladeFall/EK Build

"
Lawwy wrote:
I hated that anime.. :(

:/ But you did at least like Archer, didn't you? :(
Added a Flasks section.
Hi i would appreciate some guidance. I really like this guide. I was thinking of switching to bladefall from my Essence Drain spec. I am currently at the following point in the tree:

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAA-4EBwSzBx4I9A5IES0RLxGWE20UCRa_GGoc3B2-H8ci9CaIJpUo-isKLJwtizLRM4c6WDwFPV9Bh0SrRUdFnUlRSbFMs1JTUq9TUlVLVa5VxlgHXEBca13yYeJn_GjyakNsC20ZdZ52gngvfIN85X_GghCCx4PbhEiHy48aj0aPpo_6kyeVLpeVl_Sa4JuhogCnCKebrJitSrTRtUi3MLc-uJO7TbzqwFTAZsNtyAzPFdfP2L3dX9-K37DrY-vu73zviPAf8NX31_k3-ej-Cpit?accountName=InfinityTortellino&characterName=Kaleidodope

and have 30-40 respec points between quest rewards and regrets. Do you think i would be able to survive tier 10ish maps without a ming's heart and vertext? I would be switching to almost identical to your tree.
I am thinking of using a poison support gem and not using the consuming dark and I just dropped a carcass jack so I would be using that as the chest.
E:
Also i have never used the atziri flask but i think it would be good for leeching in this build right?
Last edited by InfinityTortellino on Jan 3, 2016, 11:16:53 PM
"
Hi i would appreciate some guidance. I really like this guide. I was thinking of switching to bladefall from my Essence Drain spec. I am currently at the following point in the tree:

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAA-4EBwSzBx4I9A5IES0RLxGWE20UCRa_GGoc3B2-H8ci9CaIJpUo-isKLJwtizLRM4c6WDwFPV9Bh0SrRUdFnUlRSbFMs1JTUq9TUlVLVa5VxlgHXEBca13yYeJn_GjyakNsC20ZdZ52gngvfIN85X_GghCCx4PbhEiHy48aj0aPpo_6kyeVLpeVl_Sa4JuhogCnCKebrJitSrTRtUi3MLc-uJO7TbzqwFTAZsNtyAzPFdfP2L3dX9-K37DrY-vu73zviPAf8NX31_k3-ej-Cpit?accountName=InfinityTortellino&characterName=Kaleidodope

and have 30-40 respec points between quest rewards and regrets. Do you think i would be able to survive tier 10ish maps without a ming's heart and vertext? I would be switching to almost identical to your tree.
I am thinking of using a poison support gem and not using the consuming dark and I just dropped a carcass jack so I would be using that as the chest.
E:
Also i have never used the atziri flask but i think it would be good for leeching in this build right?

Hmmm...judging from that tree you should be able to switch to my tree with 42 respec points. Just spec out of the whole left (Templar and Scion left) side of the tree and put those points more into the right (Shadow and Scion right) side. Also take out the DoT/chaos clusters (above the Witch and in the Shadow area) and switch em' into the physical ones in the Shadow zone. Path out of the Witch zone using her ES nodes instead of the spell damage ones. And make sure you get the aura reservation nodes! Below I've removed all of the passive nodes from your build that don't mesh with mine. Now you need simply allocate the nodes needed for my build with those 42 points. Use my completed and leveling trees as your guide.

As for Ming's + The Vertex, it's really about how tanky you wish to be. The main reason they're there is for the chaos resist (Ming's also adds damage, but we can do without that). You can get the needed chaos resist without them (My Essence Drain character does), but then you'll have to look for it on all your other gear. In the end, you'll probably end up paying more if you do it the rare route. The chaos resist is there because this char is very much a hybrid build i.e. she's not a life build with a bit of ES on top - our ES is around double our life pool. As such, we are vulnerable to chaos damage. You can get by without chaos resistance, but it'll require you to play much more carefully as you'll have to be mindful of what damage types you're dealing with. That said, you DON'T need max chaos resistance. Anything above 40% chaos resistance should work just fine. If you want to see what kind of gear it takes to get to max chaos resistance without those two items, then just check out my gear on my Essence Drain character.

The Atziri Flasks are awesome with this build because we do both physical and elemental damage and so both boosts help us. And yes, they're great for leeching too. My own character uses two of them (I don't have a Coruscating Elixir yet, unfortunately, which will replace one of them).

I would NOT recommend Carcass Jack. Our AoE is good enough as is and you'd lose a TON of ES with that. It will work, but you won't be anywhere near as tanky.

Consuming Dark is highly recommended. It makes you much less vulnerable to ele reflect AND adds a gem slot. If I replaced it, I suppose it'd be with a spell damage dagger (or wand, if you're willing to switch Whirling Blades for Flame Dash). You can use Bino's Kitchen Knife too if you want, but this isn't a poison build and so the utility will be minimal. Comsuming Dark isn't there for the poison effect, btw, it's there for defense. So I wouldn't recommend the Poison gem either. The only gem worth switching is maybe PTL for Empower (PTL is also there for a hybrid defensive+offensive purpose, namely combating phys reflect).

Let me know if you have any further questions. Good luck! :)

PS: I have an Essence Drain build guide as well, just in case you were unhappy with the skill but wish to try remaking it. You can find the link in my signature.
Last edited by Exile009 on Jan 4, 2016, 12:51:51 AM
Changed gem loadout slightly. We now use a poisoned Bear Trap as it does great damage and also helps to keep those annoyingly fast melee monsters (especially those irksome exiles) rooted to the spot.
Hello. Ive tried the EK setup and it seems its bad like really bad. One problem could be projectiles
Last edited by Bibles on Jan 5, 2016, 3:12:50 PM
"
Hello. Ive tried the EK setup and it seems its bad like really bad. One problem could be projectiles

I haven't played the EK setup extensively myself, although when I tried it it seemed fine. Was able to clear maps with it. The dmg won't be as much as a crit EK build cos this isn't a crit build, but it was good enough for my purposes while preserving the tankiness that this build is meant for. If you want greater range on the knives, then try replacing PTL as well with Faster Projectiles. As it is I'm not exactly sure what your problem is, so could you please elaborate a little more?
Last edited by Exile009 on Jan 6, 2016, 10:26:33 PM
Is it possible to convert this build to Low Life w/ Shavronne's Wrappings? I'm really interested in Low Life Builds plus Bladefall and EK.
Last edited by Tjuvlyssna on Jan 12, 2016, 8:09:39 PM
+1 for FSN and Archer <3

I do the poison stacking variant of bladefall, coz its op like hell, but i have not so much time for it...i play too much games and i have so many good builds, or at least ideas (in poe and elsewhere too) but im too laaaazy to level. Good to see my original idea is not dead :D
"
Tjuvlyssna wrote:
Is it possible to convert this build to Low Life w/ Shavronne's Wrappings? I'm really interested in Low Life Builds plus Bladefall and EK.

You could do low-life, I guess. In which case, you wouldn't need chaos resist all that much. She won't be anywhere near as tanky, though. There are other Bladefall builds that are better suited to low-life than this.
Last edited by Exile009 on Jan 16, 2016, 9:02:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info