2.1 "Unlimited Blade Works" Tanky Hybrid, Dual-Curse BladeFall/EK Build

How about some videos, pictures, stat screenshots? Added fire / Hatred / other converts aren't really qualifying for total DPS in all of their amount as well as single element builds / physical. Show off your achievemtns ;)

Also, CWDT + blind + BL + GMP is worse than the same + AB. Massive AB slow is already better than plain blind and you will still get to blind about 3/4 of the amount you'd blind with BL....
and I've only died 39 times. (c) Libbritania ( tokimeki ).
Last edited by ZL0J on Dec 19, 2015, 2:32:45 PM
This might be a silly question but does mana leech from physical damage benefit EK or Bladefall ?
Was thinking of using that to take away mana problems.
"
Jollyfox wrote:
This might be a silly question but does mana leech from physical damage benefit EK or Bladefall ?
Was thinking of using that to take away mana problems.

If it just says "physical damage" (such as on Doryani's phys belt), then yes. Most gear and tree nodes, however, specify "physical attack damage" or just "attack damage" (the new Duelist and Ranger nodes say that, which means it includes elemental attack damage). None of that will work on EK/Bladefall as they're spells. Doryani's sceptre specifies leeching from "elemental damage", which includes spells, and so will also work with this build. However, this is life leech, not mana leech. Also, the sceptre isn't ideal for the build. It can work, but you'll be more vulnerable to ele reflect as you won't be converting much to chaos. I'm not reliant on leech, but I do get a bit of it (just as a side-effect, I didn't choose it for that) since I use the belt. Note that the belt is also life leech, not mana leech.

Warlord's Mark mana leech DOES apply to the spell, but you'll have to curse all mobs before killing them if you rely on it for sustain.

So if you want to leech mana to sustain the spell, you'll need to stick in a mana leech gem into the setup. I recommend just sticking with regen, frankly, but I leave the choice up to you. Atm, I have just under 100 mana regen/sec and so can cast the spell continuously for quite a while. A good rolled Atziri's Foible goes a long way in helping with that. Or you could just try levelling Clarity up a bit more. If you need some more free mana for Clarity, simply remove Herald of Ash. You won't lose too much dps. Indeed, I myself am currently wondering if I should just replace HoA with Arctic Armor for more tankiness (since this is, after all, meant to be a tanky build). I'm even thinking about replacing my Flame Golem with a Chaos Golem for the same reason. Point being that HoA is really just a bit of cream added on top.

Also, just in case someone suggests it to you, I'd like to clarify in advance that Hungry Abyss jewel won't help either. Although we do a good amount of chaos damage, Hungry Abyss doesn't change the leech source conditions. It merely changes "physical attack damage" to "chaos attack damage", not any chaos damage. So spells like Bladefall/EK won't benefit from it.

Best of luck! :)
Last edited by Exile009 on Dec 19, 2015, 11:06:25 PM
would be awesome if you could include a leveling section for the passive tree.
"
InsaneX3 wrote:
would be awesome if you could include a leveling section for the passive tree.

Hi! I actually made this build on a pre-existing character I had using the reset. However, I've added some leveling trees as requested. Thanks for the suggestion! :)
Any leveling weapon recommendations?
"
obsoletethree wrote:
Any leveling weapon recommendations?

When it comes to spells, Lifesprig is king for leveling. If I was leveling this character up from zero, I'd probably just get myself a Lifesprig and use that all the way until lvl 53 when I could switch to the Consuming Dark. You can, of course, switch to any better rare wand/dagger you prefer at any point in that process. Just get a Lifesprig and then see if you get lucky with drops along the way.
That seems great, and Fate/Stay Night was great too XD Only problem can be obtaining that dagger but it seems just perfect
"
Zanchirou wrote:
That seems great, and Fate/Stay Night was great too XD Only problem can be obtaining that dagger but it seems just perfect

Someone recognized the name! <3

I bought my dagger for just 1ex (which is 60c on Standard). The roll just makes a difference of 20% spell damage - no biggie if you get a crap one. A Divinarius can also work and will be even cheaper, but you'll be more vulnerable to reflect. Or you can try one of the alternative setups I've mentioned. If you do, post back about how it goes. Best of luck! :)
I hated that anime.. :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info