The most horrible sub-forums ever?

I'm doing this because I'm extremely annoyed and fed up.

PvP Feedback and the Discussion sub-forums are an embarrassment to Path of Exile. The game itself is awesome with limitless possibilities yet 90% of the people here are ignorant and even toxic who mostly only harm the remainings of the pvp community. The sad thing is that these 2 sub-forums are the current pvp scene of poe.

Almost all of the threads are full of unconstructed shit posts that only complain about everything just for the sake of complaining. A common feature is that the arguments behind all of the complaining are either nonexistant or completely irrational. Another common theme are the walls of texts that in the end serve no purpose but are merely random rants about phenomena of no importance.

If all the people who only complained actually did something for the community, the pvp scene would most likely be thriving. You keep claiming that GGG has given up on pvp yet you keep doing nothing yourselves.

As I've tried to imply before, balance is the least of pvp's problems. It is seriously the last reason why pvp isn't going anywhere currently. The single biggest reason is the sheer lack of an inspiring and supportive community.

If you have the will and fortitude to complain so consistently on behalf of pvp, try channeling that to actually improving the pvp experience in poe. The reason GGG isnt answering or doing much is because at the moment there is nothing worth acting on. Create, organize and be constructive if you want something to happen. Randomly ranting without proper arguments gets you nowhere.
The forum is that way because of the lack of ANY response from the devs about pvp mechanism and balance since the end of season 2 (at this point i;m pretty we would have a better audience posting on reddit) wich obviously create frustration who lead to all those rants.

A lots of players have made polite and constructive feedbacks back in the day but don't have the patience to do that anymore and instead express their frustration in that way.
I get what you're saying and you are 100% right; Balance isn't the main issue and having a constructive community instead of a destructive one would definitly do some good.

That being said I've grown more and more cynical over these past few months as I feel that NONE of the constructive posts that do exist have been noticed by anyone at ggg, nor have they shown any sign of their willingness to explore pvp any further.

Thanks for posting this though, was a good wake up call
Agreed, the game is fine, the community is bad.
Low skill ignorant people just don't know how to survive ofscreen oneshots on t15 maps, toxic ignorant low skill people whining about something they just don't understand, every single pro pvper should know how to deal with traps on arena, 2-screens-aoe-undodgable skills on 1v1 etc.
I can see this from both angles. A more positive community definitely would in theory garner more attention. Yet, we had that already for a long time in the past. Even now only bitching seems to be about EA, which I still don't think is as busted as some claim but that all depends on how it works versus your build or how you approach it. So naturally we'll always have threads like that. Also there's been lots and lots of factual, constructive, informational and suggestive posts. Ones that actual touch on a problem, help to solve it and/or provide temp solutions to deal with it a bit better. Mostly posted by the same people but still. Within those threads there's always someone on the other side of the fence defending the problem or offering shitty suggestions to deal with it instead of just admitting its over tuned....like (you're getting 1shot by the air from off screen, OK that's simple put on belt of the deciever)...

Also you can't exactly blame the distaste some have for certain things, look at the sarcastic posts after 2.1 tree release and manifesto. Those are both PvP and pvmers posting on behalf of some pretty comical changes. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying this, some of us will be here til the day this game is dead probably still thinking GGG was going to deliver on their secret master plan for PvP. As delusional as we will be, you're right at least the rest of the game is solid and PvP isn't unplayable by balance standards. Server wise the game needs a tune up, PvP wise a small push in the right direction, nothing else.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul

"
MullaXul wrote:
you're getting 1shot by the air from off screen, OK that's simple put on belt of the deciever...

This

"
lapiz wrote:

If all the people who only complained actually did something for the community, the pvp scene would most likely be thriving. You keep claiming that GGG has given up on pvp yet you keep doing nothing yourselves.

People keep posting feedbacks which is what GGG ask us to do to help them, yet they don t answer or even communicate about pvp at all.

Even on reddit any pvp post are downvoted, devs don t even see them or post inside them.
Hell I am sure, Chris would better post in those "HO look I found a shav today" than talking about pvp right now.

They seem to give 0 fuck about pvp and it makes some of us mad.

Forum pvp
And what's even worse is that they used to care like nerfing RF value when it was clearly broken or introducing the BCR gem to counter immortal Aegis Aurora build.

I hope the failure that was patch 1.3 didn't disgust them from ever trying to improve this part of game (even if it's some smalls improvements).
PvP is pretty balanced right now, what really gives HLD a problem at the moment is frost wall
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
lolozori wrote:

"
MullaXul wrote:
you're getting 1shot by the air from off screen, OK that's simple put on belt of the deciever...

This

"
lapiz wrote:

People keep posting feedbacks which is what GGG ask us to do to help them, yet they don t answer or even communicate about pvp at all.

Even on reddit any pvp post are downvoted, devs don t even see them or post inside them.
Hell I am sure, Chris would better post in those "HO look I found a shav today" than talking about pvp right now.

They seem to give 0 fuck about pvp and it makes some of us mad.

Erm Actually.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3uqcc4/hall_of_grandmasters_speed_run_challenge_0943/
^ Got 34 likes on Reddit,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbmUJ-1-iLk
^13.8k Views (initial 11k+ views on its first day) had a overwhelming positive reaction on reddit. apart from the odd, GGWP EA noob. (Ironic at the time, I wasn't even EA spec'ed)

however https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1486076/page/2 generated a EA lynch mob, and some would sink down to personal insults as I was trying to promote pvp, and encourage GM speed runs. (4.3k views on YT)

These forums believe it or not, is more toxic than Reddit. (It was a surprise to me, as it is to you)

Many would link "Ego" has to do with pvp, few understands a game is for fun, try and share that fun with someone else, in these forums you'll just be called a ego sadistic whore. According to "Bitchslapped" and many more.

----
"
MullaXul wrote:
"
"

Only one of those can be used in LLD

[Removed by Support]

If you removes the Master crafted mods it becomes lld, Derp.

Observe.

----

On a similar note, Mulla flat out insulted me Without reason, because he didn't knew lld master mod rings reduces level cap, and can't read behind fine print.

I think the removed text was along this lines or, this EA noob is EU and US pvp number 1 and doesn't even know level requirements lelels, no skill retard, or something.

I don't know why Mulla felt the need to insult me, perhaps because I beat him in arena a few times? I'm not sure, nor do I recall? I just don't quite understand his personal grudge against me? (There's been a pattern of his general hatred towards me for while now)

All the arguments that EA requires no skill, and anyone with no brain dead can master it, yet from many sources, many other EA users are beatable, especially in the higher echelon of players.

If you take a look at https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1485091/page/5 it's not that we don't respond correctly, nor produce a lack of creative content but there's a general voodoo dislike of EA and general circle jerking.

They argue that Pvp is too expensive, yet many fellow players got to the top pvp ranked ladder using less than 20ex worth of gear. ¯\(°_°)/¯ You just can't win.

Its only human nature though, when people lose they cry, it's never their fault when they lose, it's always something else to blame. The failure to acknowledge one's fault is their own downfall, as they never improve.

TLDR, The salt is real.

Lib.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Dec 7, 2015, 11:31:44 AM
As long as you won't recognize that playing EA in pvp is giving you an unfair advantage against everyone by exploiting the fact that secondary damage bypass all defenses and that the skill scale so well by itself allowing you to focus on defenses, no one will take you seriously.

Heck even Mies agree that this shit is broken and he was the one who made it popular. It's ok to abuse something as long as you recognize it. I abused the shit out Tempest Shield on his previous form (never on a 6L though) and was thrilled to see fast hitter totally shut down by it but the skill was unfair and way too strong (GGG actually handled it really well, making it a fair skill while still remaining powerfull, i'd like EA to have the same treatment).
Last edited by IceDeal on Dec 7, 2015, 11:34:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info