The most horrible sub-forums ever?

This patch is a pretty good example GGG is saying fuck PvP without actually coming out and saying it outright. Almost every change is the complete opposite of what we need on this side of the game. Even in pvm most are unwarranted. They've clearly started approaching this like diablo 3, sooner or later we'll all be 1shotting each other so balance won't matter.

Just saying
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
[/b]
"
MullaXul wrote:
This patch is a pretty good example GGG is saying fuck PvP without actually coming out and saying it outright. Almost every change is the complete opposite of what we need on this side of the game. Even in pvm most are unwarranted. They've clearly started approaching this like diablo 3, sooner or later we'll all be 1shotting each other so balance won't matter.

Just saying

Kind of agree with GGG going head first into not giving a fuck about PvP with this patch, it seems like the damage just keeps getting increased and pools are nowhere near having increases so far. I actually wish GGG would just simply disable ascendency classes from PvP since some notables are just wayyyyyy too op in my opinion.

Let's take a look into the templar for a second

Righteous Providence

100% increased Critical Strike Chance against Enemies that are affected by no Elemental Status Ailments
30% increased Critical Strike Multiplier against Enemies that are affected by Elemental Status Ailments

Inevitable Judgement

Critical Strikes ignore Enemy Elemental Resistances
Non-Critical Strikes penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances

Those kind of notables are extremly game breaking for pvp and i can see things get pretty stupid sooner or later, ignoring enemy elemental resist on crit ? Lol seriously you dont even need to stack that much multiplier and simply use crit chance gem + crit chance nodes on tree to get such an insane % more dmg boost just from that, hello 1 shots...

They seriously need to disable all this for pvp or else it's already lost in advance just from this class, why would i stay witch when i can have a notable that makes me ignore res... any caster will now be templar when it comes to pvp its obvious.

Now let's take a look into a couple other notables here

Ranger Far Shot

Projectile Attacks gain damage as they travel, dealing up to 30% more Damage to targets as the projectile travels further.

So in the current state we are already getting almost 1-2 shotted by crit bowers from offscreen damage, and you are giving them an extra free pain attunement like notable without any drawback that gives 30% more offscreen damage, that is way too much and is going to create a whole mess of 1 shot crit rangers all around, such balance...

Let's take a look at another notable once again

Shadow

Ambush
50% increased Critical Strike Multiplier against Enemies that are on Full Life
100% more Critical Strike Chance against Enemies that are on Full Life

Assassinate
Hits deal 30% increased Damage against Enemies that are on Low Life
100% more Critical Strike Chance against Enemies that are on Low Life
Critical Strikes have Culling Strike

So basicly crit daggers are going to be back in business again and stronger than ever with such notables, you only need to stack crit multiplier and get as much per hit damage as possible so EASILY 1 shot any build like they used to back then. I'am playing a low life caster and now you're telling me that these crit dagger builds are going to land a crit 100% of the time because iam low life and ill be stuck to 50% chance against them ? Suuuuch balance... Same thing goes for CI builds, always landing crits after crits.

Comon GGG you are just killing a good part of the game by simply putting us aside completely, i have been playing your damn game for this long, paid to support the game when i dont even do pve, all i care about in this game is competitive player vs player and that's what's keeping me from supporting, otherwise it's not even worth my time. Stop being blinded for once and see the obvious, keep those OP mechanics to have fun in PVE, but for god sake dont implement them for pvp...

The current tree that we have is MORE THAN ENOUGH to achieve proper damage with any pvp build in this game, it is fine like it is and by no means needed such incredible boosts, this is obviously going to create a mess of instant kills which no one wants, why would you even implement leo dailys if such broken mechanics are applied into pvp it makes no sense to not even think about this.

You claim yourself as a game that listens to it's community well it clearly isn't the case for this certain aspect of the game, you have NEVER spoke to us, NEVER replied to anything, NEVER posted any suggestions in a new thread, NEVER, EVER, EVER AND EVER. PvP in poe is not a failure because of the mechanics, the game is perfectly suited for such environnement and could be EXTREMELY competitive, yet the problem relies in YOURSELF which is clearly unable to accept the fact that you guys arent putting any damn effort into trying to fix what is currently wrong.

Would disabling ascendency classes for pvp be hard to implement ? not even, extremely easy task for a coder and would keep the system balanced for player vs player. If GGG would really listen to ALL of it's community without any exceptions we wouldnt have to worry about things like this.

What is Qarl doing ? Isn't he supose to be in charge of what's going on with PVP, what are his thoughs about those new classes ? He's supose to be there to help us keep things balanced yet i dont see him do a thing to speak to his pvp community to see what the problems are.

This post alone with only half of the notables released are enough to scare the fuck out of me for the future of pvp, i can tell you guys that if things like this arent getting disabled we can say goodbye to what we once called ''almost balanced'' pvp meta. unless GGG decides to take actions this is going to make me retire like i almost did a year ago, why would i keep playing in this current state it makes no sense, moving on from this game is what is going to happen with ALL current dedicated pvp players at this stage if nothing changes.

THERE IS NO COMMUNICATION AT ALL, PVP IS GREAT IN YOUR GAME YOU JUST NEED TO SPEAK TO US FOR ONCE AND LISTEN !!!

Sick of repeating the same shit and i'am sure everyone else here is feeling the same, give us some freaking R-E-S-P-E-C-T !!!

Edit: Ps in advance i'am sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but it is what it is, i just hope this strips a couple of teeths on GGG's gears to get them to wake up and fix what is a pvp system that is starting to get BROKEN.

IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Dec 9, 2015, 6:42:51 AM
With the game constantly changing, constantly screwing over LLD builds and gear that still takes a long time to get, and its 10x worse for HLD, we honestly need a pvp realm with premade characters and benches which max craft everything.4 The benches could limit the power of items but since there is no pve, the values are isolated, and easier to balance. I am sure if people didnt dump like thousands of hours into their pvp char, just to have it shutdown in a patch, pvp would be flourishing. Imagine they change everything drastically, everyone makes a new pre-made and creates a new set of gear. It would kinda be like Guildwars 2, You just go around gettin the gear for your build and the meta establishes itself. PvP would be insanely easy to balance with the limitation of stats on the benches. If everyone is playing the same build, obvious counters will start becoming popular or GGG could decide how to adjust and remove properties that may be too extreme and advantageous over other stats. The PvP Tree would also be isolated from PvE, which allows for niche things to be added for more flavor of builds. No cross league would be needed, all the population would be centralized.

This is like my dream. I have amazing gear for LLD but I would still opt for this style pvp anyday because I know 10x the player population would be active playing it. GGG could balance PvE however they like without fucking up PvP. People can still PvP in the live realms and play with the gear they earned but the two alternate leagues would give different bragging rights. I know this has been said before but it should be said again. Bring this up over and over until its acknowledged as the best idea and is the end goal.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
"
With the game constantly changing, constantly screwing over LLD builds and gear that still takes a long time to get, and its 10x worse for HLD, we honestly need a pvp realm with premade characters and benches which max craft everything.4 The benches could limit the power of items but since there is no pve, the values are isolated, and easier to balance. I am sure if people didnt dump like thousands of hours into their pvp char, just to have it shutdown in a patch, pvp would be flourishing. Imagine they change everything drastically, everyone makes a new pre-made and creates a new set of gear. It would kinda be like Guildwars 2, You just go around gettin the gear for your build and the meta establishes itself. PvP would be insanely easy to balance with the limitation of stats on the benches. If everyone is playing the same build, obvious counters will start becoming popular or GGG could decide how to adjust and remove properties that may be too extreme and advantageous over other stats. The PvP Tree would also be isolated from PvE, which allows for niche things to be added for more flavor of builds. No cross league would be needed, all the population would be centralized.

This is like my dream. I have amazing gear for LLD but I would still opt for this style pvp anyday because I know 10x the player population would be active playing it. GGG could balance PvE however they like without fucking up PvP. People can still PvP in the live realms and play with the gear they earned but the two alternate leagues would give different bragging rights. I know this has been said before but it should be said again. Bring this up over and over until its acknowledged as the best idea and is the end goal.

I really like your idea and this would be much more favorable for the LLD part of pvp since the gear is easier to get and doesn't require as much tweaking as HLD does, however i disagree with HLD being part of this system since having the possibility for everyone to get BiS mirrored gear or whatever they want with maxed out gems, maxed out level, maxed out jewels, maxed out everything is just going to create more unbalanced gameplays and the numbers are tremendously higher than LLD and since GGG are actually unable to currently balance the system we have i really dont see how they could end up tweaking the high values properly for HLD wich such system. Also want to mention that i worked so hard for my gear that seeing people achieving the same results by doing nothing is just against the purpose of wanting to achieve something, it seems just way too easy, maybe that's because i come from diablo 2 pvp and i liked the fact that you had some sort of pvp achievement with the gear you were able to grind for and get good results from it.

HLD has currently some sort of balance due to gear limitations, believe it or not in standard people are still not even maxed out due to how hard it is to really max a hld pvp character, i'am sure average wealthy players are totally able to max out an LLD character without having to spend too much, however i have been playing since 2011 cb and my HLD is still not maxed out while my LLD got maxed out under a few months...

I really think that it doesnt really comes down to people not having the possibility to achieve what they want in order to keep every match up balanced, but in the inability of GGG to properly tweak T values and damage calculations for pvp, yet they dont take the time nor proper effort to do so. We currently had a sort of balanced meta in HLD if it isnt for some particular builds, but this ascendency shit is just the water drop that makes the glass break, we really dont need these added damage boost for pvp, can you just imagine my firestorm ( each bolt drop ) ignoring enemy resist once a cast rolls a crit ? You get the idea.........

PS: I actually want to mention this out of my head, we are probably the population what writes the BIGGEST wall texts in all of this fucking forum and yet GGG replies more to people writing 2-3 sentences, ridiculous i feel like i'am wasting my time.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Dec 9, 2015, 8:37:27 PM
"
hauntworld1 wrote:

PS: I actually want to mention this out of my head, we are probably the population what writes the BIGGEST wall texts in all of this fucking forum and yet GGG replies more to people writing 2-3 sentences, ridiculous i feel like i'am wasting my time.

Man just forget the idea anything ever gonna change, once you let go the game is so much more enjoyable. Pvp is a joke since a year now and i don't see that changing any time soon. I also think ggg silence is actually better for them than starting to answer those posts. What would they say : "Sorry guys, pvp is too much of a mess and we neither have the ressources or the will to fix it, deal with it". This is a terrible PR who can be quoted on reddit or wherever on the internet so if they really have no plans, better say nothing.

Even the patch note contain no pvp value changes wich is the final proof that they wont touch it anymore, maybe they keep that for the end who knows but i have low expectations.

Future of PoE pvp is finding the fastest way to one shot someone before he one shot you, Mark my words.
Last edited by IceDeal on Dec 9, 2015, 9:11:51 PM
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
hauntworld1 wrote:

Man just forgot the idea anything ever gonna change, once you let go the game is so much more enjoyable. Pvp is a joke since a year now and i don't see that changing any time soon. I also think ggg silence is actually better for them than starting to answer those posts. What would they say : "Sorry guys, pvp is too much of a mess and we neither have the ressources or the will to fix it, deal with it". This is a terrible PR who can be quoted on reddit or wherever on the internet so if they really have no plans, better say nothing.

Even the patch note contain no pvp value changes wich is the final proof that they wont touch it anymore, maybe they keep that for the end who knows but i have low expectations.

Future of PoE pvp is finding the fastest way to one shot someone while staying alive, quote my words for the future.

Despite our previous encounters, A comment of tough love comment is better than saying nothing.

Took blizzard 4-5 years to apologize for WoW 2vs2/ 3vs3 balance/ 2+ years for d3 failures.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Dec 9, 2015, 9:11:50 PM
Spoiler
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
"

I really like your idea and this would be much more favorable for the LLD part of pvp since the gear is easier to get and doesn't require as much tweaking as HLD does, however i disagree with HLD being part of this system since having the possibility for everyone to get BiS mirrored gear or whatever they want with maxed out gems, maxed out level, maxed out jewels, maxed out everything is just going to create more unbalanced gameplays and the numbers are tremendously higher than LLD and since GGG are actually unable to currently balance the system we have i really dont see how they could end up tweaking the high values properly for HLD wich such system. Also want to mention that i worked so hard for my gear that seeing people achieving the same results by doing nothing is just against the purpose of wanting to achieve something, it seems just way too easy, maybe that's because i come from diablo 2 pvp and i liked the fact that you had some sort of pvp achievement with the gear you were able to grind for and get good results from it.

HLD has currently some sort of balance due to gear limitations, believe it or not in standard people are still not even maxed out due to how hard it is to really max a hld pvp character, i'am sure average wealthy players are totally able to max out an LLD character without having to spend too much, however i have been playing since 2011 cb and my HLD is still not maxed out while my LLD got maxed out under a few months...

I really think that it doesnt really comes down to people not having the possibility to achieve what they want in order to keep every match up balanced, but in the inability of GGG to properly tweak T values and damage calculations for pvp, yet they dont take the time nor proper effort to do so. We currently had a sort of balanced meta in HLD if it isnt for some particular builds, but this ascendency shit is just the water drop that makes the glass break, we really dont need these added damage boost for pvp, can you just imagine my firestorm ( each bolt drop ) ignoring enemy resist once a cast rolls a crit ? You get the idea.........

I agree there would be imbalances giving people maxxed out gear. When I suggested benches for making max gear, I meant there would be no RNG for the values. The values crafted on the item would always be max. However I dont think all the affixes in the game would be suitable. There would have to be testing done in order to clarify the acceptable affix tiers. Since the league would be isolated from other leagues it would be easy to balance in the long run. If phys damage is too high, nerf the phys damage on the bench, same goes for spell damage or crit. In the long run, PvP being isolated from PvE, we would easily get balance ironed out. Even if some builds were INSANE with the perfect RNG gear from PvP league benches, people would find counters eventually. Having this kind of pvp realm would make us die hard pvpers feel like kids in a candy store. It would be so easy to test and balance, I just dream about it lol.
"
Spoiler
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
"

I agree there would be imbalances giving people maxxed out gear. When I suggested benches for making max gear, I meant there would be no RNG for the values. The values crafted on the item would always be max. However I dont think all the affixes in the game would be suitable. There would have to be testing done in order to clarify the acceptable affix tiers. Since the league would be isolated from other leagues it would be easy to balance in the long run. If phys damage is too high, nerf the phys damage on the bench, same goes for spell damage or crit. In the long run, PvP being isolated from PvE, we would easily get balance ironed out. Even if some builds were INSANE with the perfect RNG gear from PvP league benches, people would find counters eventually. Having this kind of pvp realm would make us die hard pvpers feel like kids in a candy store. It would be so easy to test and balance, I just dream about it lol.

They'd nerf the over tuned bench mods then likely leave the legacy gear in place. Creating a mini shit storm similar to what we have now. I do see where you're coming from though, it's a last ditch effort to some how find justification for not balancing the game. By trimming as much fat as possible and creating something resembling Guild Wars PvP would ultimately make it easier to handle. On the other hand it almost contradicts what Arpg PvP has been about since the beginning. Out gearing, out experiencing, out playing the next guy by knowing all the whacked out shit the engine allows. There seems to be no winning when it comes to PvP around here. It's either destined to be broken or it's going to have to be so structured and watered down to keep it under wraps.

In the end I like your way. It's more "pick up and play" and would have a better emphasis on player ability/knowledge/build choice then the RNG/RMT/blind match up/busted up shit we deal with now. Something like this would also resemble the PvP we started with in beta. Back then stuff needed light tweaks, we all saw it as a great PvP foundation. As time went on we were treated with stupid shit like Mjolnir Discharge screen freezing CWDT x 5 retard builds instead.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Spoiler
"
MullaXul wrote:
"
Spoiler
"
hauntworld1 wrote:

They'd nerf the over tuned bench mods then likely leave the legacy gear in place. Creating a mini shit storm similar to what we have now. I do see where you're coming from though, it's a last ditch effort to some how find justification for not balancing the game. By trimming as much fat as possible and creating something resembling Guild Wars PvP would ultimately make it easier to handle. On the other hand it almost contradicts what Arpg PvP has been about since the beginning. Out gearing, out experiencing, out playing the next guy by knowing all the whacked out shit the engine allows. There seems to be no winning when it comes to PvP around here. It's either destined to be broken or it's going to have to be so structured and watered down to keep it under wraps.

In the end I like your way. It's more "pick up and play" and would have a better emphasis on player ability/knowledge/build choice then the RNG/RMT/blind match up/busted up shit we deal with now. Something like this would also resemble the PvP we started with in beta. Back then stuff needed light tweaks, we all saw it as a great PvP foundation. As time went on we were treated with stupid shit like Mjolnir Discharge screen freezing CWDT x 5 retard builds instead.

GGG does have the ability to adjust all items. They choose to leave some legacy because of various reasons we all know. If they chose to make pvp items legacy in a pvp league, it would contradict the reason for the league existing in the first place. At this point I wouldnt be surprised though LOL.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info