The most horrible sub-forums ever?

If you think the pvp community isn't thriving because people are pessimistic or complaining about pvp balance, you are delusional. Sure pvp balance isnt needed in order to play around with but its definitely needed in some manner in order to thrive in a competitive scene. There has been tons and tons of great ideas and constructive feedback on pvp since closed beta dude. People have been giving logical thorough explanations of all the mechanics for sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo LONG. It changes and changes and the general population doesn't ever get a solid foundation to build on.

With PvE as a primary focus and no thought of PvP when changing the game fundamentals, there will always be complaints about balance. It would be great if we could just show the 98% of the population who doesnt pvp how great it is. They will end up watching from the sidelines or RMTing gear because its pretty damn hard to even compete in LLD now days let alone HLD. Are there builds you can play that are cheaper than others? Yes but in the long run they will find the imbalances to be rather frustrating. When they do become irritated or frustrated they will come here and voice their opinions. Just because a few people aren't upset about pvp and are fed up with other peoples bad attitudes doesn't make it the communities fault. Is PoE a great game? Ya it is but I dont think its the pvp is what makes it great. Its definitely a cool niche thing to do and hopefully it becomes more in the future.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
"

I tried to reason and play nice, but under the international laws of the internet and victor of the pvp realms, Both Us & Eu #1,

I hereby claim U MAD BRO?

All the balance issues and player drama aside. There were many people in the past that achieved No.1 in both HLD ladders or LLD seasons either through their real pvp skills or broken mechanics like EA. But you sure are the No.1 player that goes into elite mode and brags about it everywhere. I find your posts hilarious.

Now back to the topic. I think the real reason this sub-forum is horrible is that this is PVP. In the regular feedback sub-forum, when there is a balance problem, everyone blames GGG. And when GGG does nothing, people still blame GGG. In pvp, we blame GGG as well. But when GGG does nothing, we begin to blame each other. It's unfortunate that the competition makes us more likely to be personally hostile to each other. I think we should all just enjoy pvp for the fun of it.
Last edited by LBJames on Dec 8, 2015, 4:41:38 PM
"
It's unfortunate that the competition makes us more likely to be personally hostile to each other. I think we should all just enjoy pvp for the fun of it.

You're perfectly right, i'm done with this now. It's obvious nothing gonna change (and if it change, i'll be the most happy about it and probably throw some support money to GGG just far that) so I'm just gonna keep min maxing my stuff without paying attention to everything else. It's a waste of energy and there is enought cool people with the same mindset to keep having fun even in this meta. Can't wait for the rogue like part of the game to come out.
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
#1 of EA toons that's for sure at the moment, you totally deserve it.

#1 of PVP ? Not even close, the young crawls before he can start to run.

If you think being the #1 pvper is only relying down on reaching the top ranks you are truly mistaken, 1/3 of the pvp pop is playing right now and some out there are much more experienced and have a lot more credit in the pvp community than you do... If it would only rely on ranks then you should start calling me god right now for how many times ive reached that rank in my poe lifetime.

There's always this particular one to revive the old, yawn. . .

Btw u coulda just said my name you dont have to be subtile about it just saying o.O

For the record I haven't been PvPing either and have never lost to Lib ha.

Edit: Seems Haunt's putting in work to prove a point, just checked the ladder. See, this is what PvP is about. Rivalry, conflict, shit talking and competition. Not holding little Joey's hand so he can compete with the big boys. Giving people a nice push in the right direction, being humble to those that are new should definitely be a thing though. Beyond that, once you get your footing I don't feel people need to be making builds for you and holding your hand anymore. I made my thread addressing a lot of PvP issues/solutions for that very reason to give people a passive jump start toward being competitive and removing a lot of the "PvP sucks because A. beats B. and I'm C and C loses to A + B so I'm forever doomed" mind set.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Dec 8, 2015, 5:44:24 PM
today i was playing in arena and there was a guy:

Horrorwings. He had tabula on him and he was using incinerate, he killed me. Thats freaking awesome. HE is using stun incinerate, he stun locked me and killed me.

This is what im talking about!

People are too lazy to discover new stuff in the game. There are things still to exploit out there somewhere but people are too lazy with whining and blaming GGG here. Its okay to blame GGG or whine but at least meanwhile try to discover something new in the background too! but few people does that, like icedeal. He cries like a baby here about balance but always looking for a new build to master too. I really appreciate that. : )

There are guys who are really busy with blaming GGG and creating dramas about how weak cyclone is. Some troll dude called pepocktitan came with an idea of 2H crit leap slam build and that build totally obliterates my build.

while people are thinking melee is dead, i recommended lapiz to make wb + bleed build(i saw rectralstrike -lld player doing that), he came with really good ideas and min maxed his build very well and killed libritannia in b07(lib did some changes afterwards and outplayed WB too)

what makes me frustrated is most of people who whines and complains tries nothing new, does no discovery or experiments with builds at all.

thanks horrorwings for kicking my ass im very happy about it. i wish i were rich as i used to be, i would buy you +1 tabula. maybe ill do in future! Gl & HF
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Dec 8, 2015, 9:20:31 PM
"
MullaXul wrote:
"
hauntworld1 wrote:

If you think being the #1 pvper is only relying down on reaching the top ranks you are truly mistaken, 1/3 of the pvp pop is playing right now and some out there are much more experienced and have a lot more credit in the pvp community than you do... If it would only rely on ranks then you should start calling me god right now for how many times ive reached that rank in my poe lifetime.

Btw u coulda just said my name you dont have to be subtile about it just saying o.O

Edit: Seems Haunt's putting in work to prove a point, just checked the ladder. See, this is what PvP is about. Rivalry, conflict, shit talking and competition. Not holding little Joey's hand so he can compete with the big boys. Giving people a nice push in the right direction, being humble to those that are new should definitely be a thing though. Beyond that, once you get your footing I don't feel people need to be making builds for you and holding your hand anymore. I made my thread addressing a lot of PvP issues/solutions for that very reason to give people a passive jump start toward being competitive and removing a lot of the "PvP sucks because A. beats B. and I'm C and C loses to A + B so I'm forever doomed" mind set.

Btw, I'm not proposing you guys give all your secrets away, although if you were open to it by all means. I also have spent a lot of regrets and have 'proprietary knowledge' that I might be reluctant to share but I think we need to somehow centralize all the PvP information for newcomers to read on their own time. People aren't just going to PM you asking for advice. It's great that you're willing to help people out (and some of you gave me pointers when I first started), but I believe there's less friction in having readable content available vs. someone having to msg you, assuming you're even on. This particular forum sub thread is not a great place for 'pushing people in the right direction', so are there other ways? Have you guys tried dedicated PvP channels or TS channels and that horribly failed in the past?

Again, not saying you guys never tried but just throwing ideas out there...
"
Aiur wrote:
"
MullaXul wrote:
"
hauntworld1 wrote:

Btw, I'm not proposing you guys give all your secrets away, although if you were open to it by all means. I also have spent a lot of regrets and have 'proprietary knowledge' that I might be reluctant to share but I think we need to somehow centralize all the PvP information for newcomers to read on their own time. People aren't just going to PM you asking for advice. It's great that you're willing to help people out (and some of you gave me pointers when I first started), but I believe there's less friction in having readable content available vs. someone having to msg you, assuming you're even on. This particular forum sub thread is not a great place for 'pushing people in the right direction', so are there other ways? Have you guys tried dedicated PvP channels or TS channels and that horribly failed in the past?

Again, not saying you guys never tried but just throwing ideas out there...

The issue is it would require so much time to pin down everything that can happen into pvp in a whole thread, i would do it but i'd have to spent many many hours just writting shit down and thinking of every possibilities etc. It's way easier for you to just ask a guru about what problems you are experiencing and ask precise questions, this way we can help you with what you wanna know. I really dont think anyone has the time here to create such thread, it's actually so vast that it's practically impossible to do. What i can tell to new pvpers is simply ask, ask and ask.

On a side note : Spell Skill Balance Changes:
Many spells have had their base damage increased at higher levels, to bring their power in line with attacks and to reward the risks of spellcasting. The following spells have had their damage increased by around 20% higher at level 20: Arc, Ball Lightning, Ethereal Knives, Fire Trap, Firestorm, Flame Surge, Flameblast, Freezing Pulse, Glacial Cascade, Lightning Tendrils, Lightning Warp, Magma Orb and Storm Call.

Looks like my storm is getting buffed :D
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Dec 9, 2015, 1:10:08 AM
"
hauntworld1 wrote:

The issue is it would require so much time to pin down everything that can happen into pvp in a whole thread, i would do it but i'd have to spent many many hours just writting shit down and thinking of every possibilities etc. It's way easier for you to just ask a guru about what problems you are experiencing and ask precise questions, this way we can help you with what you wanna know. I really dont think anyone has the time here to create such thread, it's actually so vast that it's practically impossible to do. What i can tell to new pvpers is simply ask, ask and ask.

Many spells have had their base damage increased at higher levels, to bring their power in line with attacks and to reward the risks of spellcasting. The following spells have had their damage increased by around 20% higher at level 20: Arc, Ball Lightning, Ethereal Knives, Fire Trap, Firestorm, Flame Surge, Flameblast, Freezing Pulse, Glacial Cascade, Lightning Tendrils, Lightning Warp, Magma Orb and Storm Call.

You and shadow's firestorm damage is some of the highest in game, %20 spell inc is pretty sufficient buff, especially on the LL front, as effectiveness is going up too.

Pretty sure Nurse will be happy about the La changes too.

But god dam fuck, Ls is now green instead of red, Rip sooooo many Mirrored 2hs/ body Armour.

Rather, I'm still bracing before actual patch day, I'm sure threes Ea nerf's somewhere.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Dec 9, 2015, 2:13:23 AM
"
"
hauntworld1 wrote:

You and shadow's firestorm damage is some of the highest in game, %20 spell inc is pretty sufficient buff, especially on the LL front, as effectiveness is going up too.

Pretty sure Nurse will be happy about the La changes too.

But god dam fuck, Ls is now green instead of red, Rip sooooo many Mirrored 2hs/ body Armour.

Rather, I'm still bracing before actual patch day, I'm sure threes Ea nerf's somewhere.

im happy mostly about getting additional 12% MS from new tree. oh also +1 jewel. Movement speed was my biggest weakness. 10% damage buff is good too ofc.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Dec 9, 2015, 2:41:02 AM
"
Rupenus wrote:

im happy mostly about getting additional 12% MS from new tree. oh also +1 jewel. Movement speed was my biggest weakness. 10% damage buff is good too ofc.

If I were a bower I'd be more excited for
"Blink and Mirror Arrow clones now show as the player they are impersonating on the minimap."
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info