Favorite Cheese?

Favourite cheese? Hmm not sure, either frost wall lightning arrow/kinetic blast or poison double dip.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
Head_Less wrote:

:( why no posting kiwi cheese?

I love me some plain old New Zealand cheddar..
"
C1111 wrote:
mozzarella isnt cheese

WUT? One of the most famous Italian cheese. Get your facts right please.

I for once love anything that has to do with dairy products, i mean when im not dieting i eat like a kilo of cheese per week easily if not more.

From an everyday point of view and how easy is to pair it with literally anything i would choose Greek Feta. You can pair it with fruits, pasta, red meat, fish, salads, bread only, in pies, on pizza, name it and you can pair it with Greek Feta. Heavy taste, with a lot of fat, if you care about your silhouette forget it. Do not confuse it with white cheese the name Feta is protected designation of origin by EU for the specific kind only made in Greece from sheep's or sheep's/goat's milk mixture. I actually make Greek Feta cheese and im quite biased towards it for that reason but my taste buds dont lie also
Greek Feta

For other occasions, especially when drinking (almost 100% of the times paired with wine), i prefer blue cheese, and especially Roquefort and Gorgonzola. There is something to sharpness and saltiness of this kind of cheese that drives me crazy when combined with dessert wines. Simply delicious.
Roquefort/Gorgonzola

Now when it comes eating cheese as a snack 1-2 hours before the main meal, or at small parties i prefer Cretan Graviera. It has a very subtle sweetness with with a pinch of saltiness. Its freaking delicious, and can be fried too and eaten as main meal. Very easy to eat cheese and has a very nice smell too, perfect combination for party snack when cut into small cubes.
Cretan Graviera

Similar to Cretan Graviera there is the Gruyère cheese it has very similar qualities making it for very similar uses, i usually use it with omelettes as breakfast.
Gruyère cheese

Now for the best fried cheese you can ever have (and i mean EVER have) there is Batzos Cheese, its Greek hard white sheep/goat mixture cheese, the oldest hard cheese recorded in Europe and its a product of a stage that every hard cheese goes through. So in some way its not "finished". There is only one purpose for this cheese and its to be fried or roasted. Compared to Mozzarella sticks or Smazeny syr (czech fried cheese) is more salty and way more fat and thats the reason its more tasty as well. Its very hard to find and quite expensive because of that. Fortunately when making Feta i also make a lot of Batzos too. If you ever can or want to try fried cheese anything else is sub-optimal.
Batzos fried cheese

Lastly when it comes to sandwiches, there are other kinds of cheese to use as well, besides everything mentioned above, but i prefer swiss, mozzarella, sharp cheddar, provolone etc. After many years of eating all kinds of cheese i have some that i describe as "sandwich cheese". Not in a derogatory way, its just that i love them when used in that way.

My love for cheese is unnatural to be honest, i try and taste everything i can, flavoured cheese (chimay brewery does some unearthly combinations with beer flavoured cheese), pickled cheese, smoked cheese, cottage cheese, yellow cheese, red cheese, soft cheese, cream cheese. GIVE ME CHEESE.

Take notice that every kind of natural non-heavily processed cheese will always have a certain smell (depending on the kind of cheese) and fats (a lot of fats in many cases). Those are often (not exlusive) signs of a good quality product, if you see two brands of the same cheese always choose the one your nose prefers, not the one your eye perceives as better (unless you know your cheese).

Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
American cheese - Sharp
Meepo in public party's.

Roquefort ain't bad either though.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
There's this sharp cheddar we get at this local store, comes from Vermont... comes in an unassuming plain paper packaging. Best goddamn cheese.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Regulator wrote:

My love for cheese is unnatural to be honest, i try and taste everything i can, flavoured cheese (chimay brewery does some unearthly combinations with beer flavoured cheese), pickled cheese, smoked cheese, cottage cheese, yellow cheese, red cheese, soft cheese, cream cheese. GIVE ME CHEESE.

I don't think you like cheese enough, good sir. :D

I wanted to say more, but the title said "Favorite Cheese" and not "Favorite Cheeses" but I did enjoy your post very much...would've read it all but I'm very hung over and the screen hurts my eyes a bit. :0

Since you shared so many, I will add one more:

Norwegian Gjetost

Sweet, salty and sinister...I try not to eat very often as it far too delicious for mere mortals. ^_^
I love Brie cheese. The taste and smell of strong milk. lovely experience.
The stuff between my toes.
Shared between Roquefort / Saint Nectaire and Reblochon.
Next topic will be about wine i assume ? :D
Hf :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info