New Additional Supporter Pack Effects!

Personally, and in my very humble opinion, these additions are a bit of a let down.

I was hyped when new packs were announced, but the hype decreased when they were released because all the packs (with the notable exception of the Ascendant pack) felt somewhat rushed in comparison to the 2.0 ones.

With these additional effects, I feel like the Aspirant and Challanger packs have very weak weapon effects, along with average portal effects and pets. The Sovereing pack seems to be fair, even if I don't really like the weapon effect.

So, everything I wrote above leads to the fact that there is only one awesome pack: the Ascendant one. Each and every microtransaction in it is beyond great. I only wish I felt the same urge to buy the first or the second tier packs, since 440$ is too much for me at the moment, even though it's a hell of a bargain.

EDIT: Also, I'm still waiting for my physical goods from the previous set of packs.
Last edited by Sunderboi on Dec 4, 2015, 4:10:39 AM
Thanks GGG
Not a fan of the moving symbols of the Aspirant portal. I think the progression of effects would have been better if it just had e.g. some rubble on the ground. But thanks a lot and great job for adding more stuff to the packs in such a short time. :-)
Last edited by Alysma on Dec 4, 2015, 5:35:01 AM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
I can barely see the aspirant weapon effect, but I really like the portal effect.

i agree the portal (next to the steam portal) is the cleanest and totally my style. weapon could have a little bit more pop when standing still. but the trail particles are a nice touch
"
x_KOR_x wrote:
"
stonespeak wrote:
How exactly do you get more stuff with weapon effects???

!!!!?
It's never to late too learn how to read.

LOL Did I hit some nerve!?
Learn to comprehend first, afterwards we shall talk.

Spoiler
"
x_KOR_x wrote:
...While top packs should get more stuff, not better. Big difference.
Talking about the quality of the MTX of the lower packs

"
stonespeak wrote:
...effect MTX has to be better MTX for what you pay

That's simply how effects MTX are monitorized, it's an incentive for those who can afford to buy the more $$ effect. Simply having few physical goods doesn't justify paying 5-10 times the base $$, nor does getting copies of the lower effects...

Also I would refrain from using the term IMO, if you are unable to let your opinion be challenged! ... IMHO
SSF since ~OB
Last edited by stonespeak on Dec 4, 2015, 4:39:38 AM
"
stonespeak wrote:
That's simply how effects MTX are monitorized, it's an incentive for those who can afford to buy the more $$ effect. Simply having few physical goods doesn't justify paying 3-4 times the base $$, nor does getting copies of the lower effects...

What justifies it or not, is for the buyers to decide.
And so, in your opinion people only buy the highest pack because it has a purple weapon effect and a big red portal effect, and not because they also include all the MTXs from the lower tier packs + the physical goods + the full value of $ in shop points???
Doesn't make sense but ok
What do you mean that the league is not rewarding or fun? You put in 5 useless items in the device and you get 1 useless item... Oh wait!
/Talisman League(2015/2016)

Oh look, Synthesis League(2019) = Talisman League all over again.
Oh my Ozog!

I get my own portal?!
I'm half-tempted to upgrade to the Challenger supporter. It looks like it'd go well with the Summer Skull.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
already in love with that little guy :)
cool jaime sa
"
stonespeak wrote:
"
x_KOR_x wrote:
"
stonespeak wrote:
How exactly do you get more stuff with weapon effects???

!!!!?
It's never to late too learn how to read.

LOL Did I hit some nerve!?
Learn to comprehend first, afterwards we shall talk.

Spoiler
"
x_KOR_x wrote:
...While top packs should get more stuff, not better. Big difference.
Talking about the quality of the MTX of the lower packs

"
stonespeak wrote:
...effect MTX has to be better MTX for what you pay

That's simply how effects MTX are monitorized, it's an incentive for those who can afford to buy the more $$ effect. Simply having few physical goods doesn't justify paying 5-10 times the base $$, nor does getting copies of the lower effects...

Also I would refrain from using the term IMO, if you are unable to let your opinion be challenged! ... IMHO

Erm... You get close to the value of the lower packs in points, and equal value in points in the higher packs.

That alone is enough for those to be priced as they are. The extra shiny goodies are there for added value - each effect, each item, adds value beyond what you pay for.

"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info