Talisman League Mechanics

"
LMTR14 wrote:
that external website still doesn't prevent you from having to manually trade with the other guy. solves nothing

as soon as I can search for the item I want and buy it in one click and it's in my inventory BAM this game's trading component is useABLE

Yeah that worked really well for D3 right
"
zabulba wrote:
"
LMTR14 wrote:
that external website still doesn't prevent you from having to manually trade with the other guy. solves nothing

as soon as I can search for the item I want and buy it in one click and it's in my inventory BAM this game's trading component is useABLE

Yeah that worked really well for D3 right

The main problem in Diablo 3 was that the currency was Gold which is easy to farm with Bots. The currency system in PoE is better considered then the one in D3. Also Diablo 3 was hyped hard and had a larger Playerbase. Further there was the realmoney AH so you could easiely sell good items for real money. All this points resulted in a great incentive for Botters. When you avoid all these things an AH would not be that bad.
But in my opinion are tools like poe.trade good enough. There is only one thing what would be great and that is a mail system for offline messages to contact offline players.
Please GGG post new skill tree so we can start theorycrafting builds for the league.

Thanks!
"
twitticles wrote:
"
Owwlll wrote:
I did see someone else mention this... The issue is because there are different talismans between HC and SC it technically creates inequality for people who only play in the washdown leagues. While most of us think of these as a rubbish dump, its important to remember that this is where some people choose to remain.

"Inequality" is a really poorly chosen word here. Every single player in the game has the choice to create characters in the temporary challenge leagues, getting access to content that will potentially find it's way into the permanent leagues, gettinmg acces to new items, being able to check out new mechanics, complete challenges for mtx, parttake in a new economy etc. Every single player in the game also has the choice to not join the challenge leagues, keep on playing in the permanent leagues without having to level up new toons, have access to all their shiny gear and 21/20 gems, heaps of currency and whatnot.
The system is perfectly equal. Now the consequence of not playing challenge leagues is you will have spend currency for those items if you eventually want them, while challenge league players instead pay for them with play time.
There will always be players who consider themselves disadvantaged for making choice a), b) or c), but the fact still remains it's their own choice and as such any perceived disadvantage is a result of their own actions (or lack thereof).

"
Owwlll wrote:
I'm not sure if there are currently already items which are only available in HC and not SC?

Theoretically every item except legacy items are available in any league, through Zana's map device. Practically however, there are several items not available in permanent HC that are available in permanent SC, while the opposite is not the case.

I agree with pretty much everything you've said, and I think at the very end you gave me the answer I was looking for :)

What it meant to say by 'inequality' was that both leagues do not have an equal chance of dropping the same items.

Lets say the Talisman leagues have finished and there are only HC and SC currently running:

My thoughts were in a perfect world HC and SC leagues would be identical, i.e. you have the exact same chances and opportunities in each league, and HC players just get the added bragging rights of never having died. While they are not in direct competition on the same ladder, in general a lvl 100 HC player will say they are 'better' than a lvl 100 SC player. This is more so true if the two players are geared exactly the same. Basically "Red apples vs. Green apples".

This would not be the case if for example in one league there was an item which made it easier for you to get to lvl 100, that you could not possibly get in the other league (even via trade). This then becomes more of a case of "Red apples vs. Green pears".

Legacy items shouldn't be an exclusion because they are given the same changes across all leagues. They may be a good example to hi-lite my point though, in some peoples view having different Talismans drop in each league would be like making changes to stats on a unique item in only one league and not the other.

Having now written all this out i'm now convinced it doesn't actually matter, as the characters in the washdown leagues could have come from any of the previous leagues where they may have been given better opportunities for XP, etc anyway. The gear is actually less important than the environment the toon was leveled in! Obviously OCD took over and over-thought the whole concept.

Good discussion, thanks :)
twitch.tv/Owwlll
patch notes and tree pls
"
LMTR14 wrote:

then go play d3 kid srsly...
the MEANING of poe is to have no auction house/currency ruining the game and getting price dumping by chinafarmers.
the external website is already like an auction house whats sad in my opinion, but still challenging in finding gear, and thats what poe players want.

topic: thx GGG for this detailed information BEFORE the league starts, so everyone has the infos in time and can adjust.
i love you for that.
"
WedgieEvans wrote:
very excited

I would like more info on the new passive tree.

this !

But Talisman-Mechanics sound very nice and exciting!
Mods that hc wont have will be like "cast lvl50 vaal detonate corpse on death"
Thus it will actually be help for hc players cuz their talismans wont be able to roll useless mods
Surviving hardcore characters, will they transfer to normal hardcore after the league ends?
I think it will be possible to drop talisman tier 1 to tier 3 otherwise it had no point. I mean if u need to do on average 125 x 71+ maps on HC. As casual player u would face Rigvald once a week. In compare to 100 Atziri every day. So only possibilty is to be able to drop 1-3 tiers normal, magic, rares on maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info