Talisman League Mechanics

-
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Dec 2, 2015, 8:45:21 AM
"
Owwlll wrote:
I did see someone else mention this... The issue is because there are different talismans between HC and SC it technically creates inequality for people who only play in the washdown leagues. While most of us think of these as a rubbish dump, its important to remember that this is where some people choose to remain.

"Inequality" is a really poorly chosen word here. Every single player in the game has the choice to create characters in the temporary challenge leagues, getting access to content that will potentially find it's way into the permanent leagues, gettinmg acces to new items, being able to check out new mechanics, complete challenges for mtx, parttake in a new economy etc. Every single player in the game also has the choice to not join the challenge leagues, keep on playing in the permanent leagues without having to level up new toons, have access to all their shiny gear and 21/20 gems, heaps of currency and whatnot.
The system is perfectly equal. Now the consequence of not playing challenge leagues is you will have spend currency for those items if you eventually want them, while challenge league players instead pay for them with play time.
There will always be players who consider themselves disadvantaged for making choice a), b) or c), but the fact still remains it's their own choice and as such any perceived disadvantage is a result of their own actions (or lack thereof).

"
Owwlll wrote:
I'm not sure if there are currently already items which are only available in HC and not SC?

Theoretically every item except legacy items are available in any league, through Zana's map device. Practically however, there are several items not available in permanent HC that are available in permanent SC, while the opposite is not the case.
"
Siochan wrote:
Will Standard players get to participate, or are they screwed over yet again?

this question is like asking "will it hurt if I swallow a razorblade?"

YES and YES

but "getting to participate" = "all regular amulets are completely outdated", and that applies EVEN if they don't include the entire system into the game proper, since hc RIP -> standard is a fundamental law and ggg love nothing more than monotone consistency (well, other than torturing players who want meaningful trading in the game)
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
Vaydra wrote:
"
Siochan wrote:

Anyone can participate it's a new league to test content to add to the core game, as usual.
and that is all it feels like, too. 2.0 closed beta wasn't any different from temporal leagues other than the fact you didn't have to sort through the clutter afterwards

TEMP leagues are the RUBBISH that comes and goes without meaning a damn thing since you are forced to start from 0 level, skills and gear AGAIN AND AGAIN, with the slightest of variations based on league mods.

and the next sidespansion won't help with that a single bit. gg
Last edited by LMTR14 on Dec 2, 2015, 8:59:08 AM
"
LMTR14 wrote:
what economy. meaningful trading doesn't even exist. I've never been able to sell an item for a fair price even once. you can't have trading without a MARKET

I welcome you to the world of poe.trade!
Pair it up with a tool like Aquisition or Procurement and you're good to go!
that external website still doesn't prevent you from having to manually trade with the other guy. solves nothing

as soon as I can search for the item I want and buy it in one click and it's in my inventory BAM this game's trading component is useABLE
Last edited by LMTR14 on Dec 2, 2015, 9:01:32 AM
"
designed the league to not be too disruptive to normal play (lol Invasion)

haha
"
LMTR14 wrote:
"
Vaydra wrote:
"
Siochan wrote:

Anyone can participate it's a new league to test content to add to the core game, as usual.
and that is all it feels like, too. 2.0 closed beta wasn't any different from temporal leagues other than the fact you didn't have to sort through the clutter afterwards

TEMP leagues are the RUBBISH that comes and goes without meaning a damn thing since you are forced to start from 0 level, skills and gear AGAIN AND AGAIN, with the slightest of variations based on league mods.

and the next sidespansion won't help with that a single bit. gg

You clearly not have done any league with lot of change but I have participed to Flashback leagues and it's not a slight variation.
I'm also a perma league player and I seldom enjoy the league stuff, some a re a good change sometimes anyway.
... nothing
Did I read correctly that there is only 1 Unique Talisman per tier?
That means to get a Tier 2 unique there's only ever a 20% chance, right? Because I have to sacrifice 5 different bases to move to the next tier. Or can the unique somehow spawn on different bases in the same tier?
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
While I really like the idea of talismans is there really a need for yet more RNG in the game let alone the level of RNG the acquisition of the new talismans entails.
"Blue warrior shot the food"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info